Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 4.1 FAQs, Problems & Solutions

Default Re: 4.0 FAQs, Problems & Solutions

First of all I love this mod! KK you really did an excellent job!

2 questions, not really problems but I didn't think a new thread was necessary:

How can I tell if I have Darth or RC installed? I dl'd the RC fix, but generals still seem, um...jacked.

Also, unit spacing in the armies is much closer, almost to the point of overlap. Talking about 1 unit of 75 spearment touches the next unit on the side when grouped together. Is this intentional, are there any benefits, can I fix it?
    Really 4 questions.

Quote Originally Posted by OTZ View Post
    Have you installed the hot-fix? Unexpedcted errors are usually related to the unit models.

If definitely sounds like your missing something along the line.
    To answer your previous questions, I do use Windows XP and the vanilla runs absolutely smooth, no problems whatsoever!

There is a battle_models (MODELB) file in the mod's data folder!

It's really strange. Today I started a new run:

1.) Erased all traces of Medieval 2.
    2.) Installed a clean Vanilla version
    3.) Applied the 1.2 patch for the german version
    4.) Extracted the Stainless Steel Mod
    (It doesn't work without hotfix)
    5.) Applied the Hotfix

Nothin!

I then try to start the Mod! The first screen announcing Stainless Steel 4.0 comes up, it start's loading and then suddenly switches back to the desktop, no error message, nothing!

It's really frustrating, because Stainless Steel 3.0 works fine, but I definately have to have the new features!!

I'm open for counseling!

Quote Originally Posted by student23 View Post
    To answer your previous questions, I do use Windows XP and the vanilla runs absolutely smooth, no problems whatsoever!

There is a battle_models (MODELB) file in the mod's data folder!

It's really strange. Today I started a new run:

1.) Erased all traces of Medieval 2.
    2.) Installed a clean Vanilla version
    3.) Applied the 1.2 patch for the german version
    4.) Extracted the Stainless Steel Mod
    (It doesn't work without hotfix)
    5.) Applied the Hotfix

Nothin!

I then try to start the Mod! The first screen announcing Stainless Steel 4.0 comes up, it start's loading and then suddenly switches back to the desktop, no error message, nothing!

It's really frustrating, because Stainless Steel 3.0 works fine, but I definately have to have the new features!!

I'm open for counseling!
    Same problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by kevincompton View Post
    Same problem here.
    Finally somebody with the same problem...kind of a relief that it's not my computer causing the problem!

No, that isn't a banana

is this:

03:39:44.296 [script.err] [error] Script Error in Stainless_Steel_Mod/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 14936, column 1
    Could not find soldier battle model for unit type 'macemen'.

03:39:44.296 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file Stainless_Steel_Mod/data/export_descr_unit.txt.

still the problem?

If so, open up your battle_.models.txt (SS>data>unit models) file and search for the macemen entry. It should look like this

7 macemen
    1 4
    56 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/baltest_mace_lod0.mesh 121
    56 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/baltest_mace_lod1.mesh 900
    56 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/baltest_mace_lod2.mesh 2500
    56 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/baltest_mace_lod3.mesh 6400
    4 merc
    71 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/EN_Lmail_Hmail_mercs.texture
    72 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/EN_Lmail_Hmail_normal.texture 0
    4 merc
    57 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Heater_merc_diff.texture
    57 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Heater_merc_norm.texture 0
    4 None
    9 MTW2_Mace 0
    17 MTW2_Mace_Primary
    14 fs_test_shield 0
    16 -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002

My error report is huge, heres some of it, and it CTD's when it starts to load anew campaign, tried for multiple different factions and same result.

19:44:23.051 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_roman_shadow.rum is missing
    19:44:23.051 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/character_pontus.rum is missing
    19:44:23.066 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/general_pontus.rum is missing
    19:44:26.598 [system.io] [warning] open: Stainless_Steel_Mod/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/radar_map_background.tga is missing
    19:44:31.535 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_strat/residences/textures/NE_ship_dock.TGA.dds is missing
    19:44:31.816 [system.io] [warning] open: data/terrain/aerial_map/water.tga.dds is missing
    19:44:31.816 [system.io] [warning] open: data/terrain/aerial_map/tile_models/alpha_pages/mountain_mask.tga.dds is missing
    19:44:31.816 [system.io] [warning] open: data/terrain/aerial_map/tree_models/textures/conifer_01.TGA.dds is missing
    19:44:31.816 [system.io] [warning] open: data/terrain/aerial_map/tree_models/textures/conifer_winter.TGA.dds is missing
    19:44:31.832 [system.io] [warning] open: Stainless_Steel_Mod/data/world/maps/base/water_surface.tga.dds is missing
    19:44:55.535 [data.invalid] [error] Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set.

kelvintyk's Avatar Primicerius

Default WTF!!??

My game crashes on every other turn on the rebel's turn after turn 2. Turn 3, 4, 5 and so on...

I can finish a turn if i reload my save file but then the turn after, the game crashes on the rebel's turn again. Please help....i can't possibly play the game with crashes every now and then. 3.2 was extremely stable, not even a single crash....so what is up with 4.0??

Btw, i have already installed hotfix #3.
    Baird: "Hey! Stop shooting it, you're pissing it off!"

Cole: "You're telling me what not to shoot in here? Look at this ****!"

Marcus: "More like 10 ****loads"

Marcus: "Hmph, they can eat **** and die for all I care..."

Default Re: WTF!!??

Post your errorlog in the bugs thread, maybe KK can help out.

kelvintyk's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: WTF!!??

16:21:38.171 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:22:17.171 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

These are the last 2 lines in my error log. I've checked it before, nothing unusual. I think the rebels are doing something they aren't supposed to do in my game. But the question is.....what??
    Baird: "Hey! Stop shooting it, you're pissing it off!"

Cole: "You're telling me what not to shoot in here? Look at this ****!"

Marcus: "More like 10 ****loads"

Marcus: "Hmph, they can eat **** and die for all I care..."

No, that isn't a banana

Post the last few lines - they'll be the ones that explain why it crashed.

Quote Originally Posted by OTZ View Post
    is this:

03:39:44.296 [script.err] [error] Script Error in Stainless_Steel_Mod/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 14936, column 1
    Could not find soldier battle model for unit type 'macemen'.

03:39:44.296 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file Stainless_Steel_Mod/data/export_descr_unit.txt.

still the problem?

If so, open up your battle_.models.txt (SS>data>unit models) file and search for the macemen entry. It should look like this

7 macemen
    1 4
    56 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/baltest_mace_lod0.mesh 121
    56 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/baltest_mace_lod1.mesh 900
    56 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/baltest_mace_lod2.mesh 2500
    56 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/baltest_mace_lod3.mesh 6400
    4 merc
    71 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/EN_Lmail_Hmail_mercs.texture
    72 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/EN_Lmail_Hmail_normal.texture 0
    4 merc
    57 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Heater_merc_diff.texture
    57 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Heater_merc_norm.texture 0
    4 None
    9 MTW2_Mace 0
    17 MTW2_Mace_Primary
    14 fs_test_shield 0
    16 -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002

I replaced the battle_models macemen entry with the one you posted! Still no result...

Icon8 excommunication effects

can anyone tell me how i can reduce the effects of the pope excommunicating you? i mean i hate putting up with his crap when i attack or even get attacked, i just wanna leave the damn pope outta things... oh and anyone know how to reduce the effects of merchants?? cos everytime i get a a resource,within about 5-10turns some 9 or 10 level asswipe of a merchant siezes my assets.. its getting kinda tiresome-not even worth using merchants... oh and while we're at it does ss4.0 give all factions an add_money script? cos they got it comin out their ass!

Default Re: excommunication effects

yes i believe they do get an add money script, as for the merchants i only tried it a few times because its too time consuming but i posted him by a cheap resource in my territory to get his skill up, then i go for the big money. As for the pope, all i can think of is bribing, or assassinating the pope (the movie for assassinating the pope is cool)

Default Help with installing Mod

Hi i need help installing the stainless steal mod onto my M2TW but i dont no how to do it, pls explain???

delra's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Help with installing Mod

Download the file, click it two times, click next, point at the directory where you have your game installed, click next a number of times and wait. After that go to your game directory and run Stainless_Steel_Mod.bat.

After that install hotfix #3, nerrazzuri's fixes and real combat. All have instructions with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Straken View Post
    Hi i need help installing the stainless steal mod onto my M2TW but i dont no how to do it, pls explain???
    When you download using the link from this page http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=110453
    it is an installer and will install into the default folder -> C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\Stainless_Steel_Mod for you. It creates all the necessary folders. There is also a hotfix that should be extracted into -> C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War. That should do it. Then just click on -> Launch_Stainless_Steel_Mod.bat and play away. Hope this helps.

thanks for that help i hav 1.02 version would it run the mod and where will i need to save it in

The mod comes with an installer which will do the job for you. Just download it and run.

SS will run only with 1.02.

get a general to build a fort on the site of your resource,
    and move your merchants into it, that way he will get some peace
    from the others merchants.

But it's cheating.