How do I install this mod?
1. Requirement is the official M2 patch 1.2.
2. Install Stainless Steel 4.0
2. Install Stainless Steel 4.1 Patch
Note: It is very important that you install the mod and the patch into the correct directory.
Normally this is ".../Program Files/SEGA/Medieval II Total War".
When you have installed the mod in another directory, just point it manually to the correct directory.
How do I launch this mod?
- Double-click the "Stainless Steel" icon on your desktop
(or double-click "Launch_Stainless_Steel_Mod.bat" in your default "medieval II Total War" directory)
Is this mod seperated from the original game and other mods?
Customizing SS 4.1
How can I remove the additinal blood/new skies?
- Delete the "overlaytextures"/"globallighting" folder (in Stainless_Steel/data)
How can I deactivate the Reality traits? (army attrition & supplies)
(temporarily it is to use with SS 4.0)
How can I play with the original game length of 225 turns?
1. Backup the following files and delete them:
- export_descr_buildings.txt (Stainless_Steel_Mod/data)
- descr_settlement_mechanics.xml (Stainless_Steel_Mod/data)
- descr_strat.txt (Stainless_Steel_Mod/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign)
2. Go into the "--- NEW 2 YEARS PER TURN FILES ---" folder (in Stainless_Steel_Mod/data) and replace the above mentioned files with them.
NOTE: This changes will only take effect with starting a new campaign.
How can I install Ultimate AI 1.5?
1. Download UAI and install it where you want (not in the Stainless_Steel folders!)
2. Copy (from .../UltimateAI/data)
and and paste the files into Stainless_Steel_Mod/data. Overwrite existing files.
3. Open descr_strat.txt (UltimateAI\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign)
and the copy the whole "diplomacy section" at the bottom of the file and replace the diplomacy section of SS's descr_strat.txt.
Finally change the "ai_labels" (in SS descr_strat) for:
- mongols and timurids from "default" to "mongols".
- egypt, moors, turks from "default" to "islam"
- byzantium, russia and kievan_rus from "default" to "orthodox"
Possible Problems & Solutions:
Wrong character sounds and other sound problems:
- delete events.dat and events.idx from the Stainless_Steel /data/sounds folder. Copy events.dat and events.idx from your main Medieval II Total War/data/sounds folder and paste them into the Stainless_Steel /data/sounds folder.
- assassin, spy movies are missing
Nerazzurri has made a handy program to fix this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=110476
The game freezes in the first AI turn(s)
- Probably not related to this mod. Search the technical help or the general discussion forum
Unspecific crash to desktop
- please look into your system.log file (In Medieval II Total War folder) and paste the last 2 lines here. This will help me to find the problem more quickly.