Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are you going to do in your first Broken Crescent game?

Orko's Avatar Praeses

Default What are you going to do in your first Broken Crescent game?

I will play as Rajput, conquer five sorrounding regions, and spend the rest of the time in building my country until the foreign invasions when I am sorrounded only by rebels and I am safe.
    What do you gonna do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

Default Re: What do you gonna do in your first Broken Crescent game?

I will play as Georgia and going to conquer all Caucasus, Turks, Abbasids and Khwarezm-shah, going to make Armenian and Jerusalem as ally, but Byzantian Empire, I will conquer them 100%

The Mongol's Avatar Primicerius

I like taking it slow in the beginning and building up my economy.

I think I'll play as the Ayyubids and just tech up but Egypt is going to be harder than vanilla, with the Makurians South and the KoJ North.

I'll play as Armenia and recreate the Armenian Empire of Tigranes II as it was in 69BC. That'll mean I'll have to encroach on quite a few factions...
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

Yoda Twin's Avatar Vicarius

I'll play as Ghorids and spend all assets on crushing the Hindus. Then i will lay low untilthe mongols come and then I'll try to kill off whoever tries to come to India.
    Minister for Home Affairs of the Commonwealth v Zentai [2012] HCA 28 per Heydon J at [75]

Analysis should not be diverted by reflections upon the zeal with which the victors at the end of the Second World War punished the defeated for war crimes. The victors were animated by the ideals of the Atlantic Charter and of the United Nations. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights was about to peep over the eastern horizon. But first, they wanted a little hanging.

play as the byzantines, recreate the empire of Alexander the Great, then try and conquer the whole map

rep me if you like my posts, and it's highly likely you'll get some back

I'll finally play the Ghazni, after holding them off until all is finished, and get my Turko-Persian arse to India until the Mongols pass.

nnnm's Avatar Senator

I will play custom battle to see all faction units
    Edit: 100 post
    Last edited by nnnm; July 17, 2007 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga View Post
    I'll finally play the Ghazni, after holding them off until all is finished, and get my Turko-Persian arse to India until the Mongols pass.
    Not if my Ghorids get there before you. Youy know you want to come to the dark side Ahiga.
    Minister for Home Affairs of the Commonwealth v Zentai [2012] HCA 28 per Heydon J at [75]

Analysis should not be diverted by reflections upon the zeal with which the victors at the end of the Second World War punished the defeated for war crimes. The victors were animated by the ideals of the Atlantic Charter and of the United Nations. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights was about to peep over the eastern horizon. But first, they wanted a little hanging.

What was that? I couldn't hear you over the lock of my Khorasani Spearmen's shields against your incoming cavalry.

Best spearmen east of the Tigris and Euphrates, if not the near east, you Afghan Raider!
    Last edited by Ahiga; July 17, 2007 at 02:10 AM.

B. Ward's Avatar ★★★★ RockNRolla ★★★★

take lots of screenshots.......what??? i like taking screenshots.....

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Drtad View Post
    I'll play as Armenia and recreate the Armenian Empire of Tigranes II as it was in 69BC. That'll mean I'll have to encroach on quite a few factions...
    I can tell you that Armenia will have one of the hardest campaigns in Broken Crescent. In the most truly satisfying and exilarating way. Forget Turks, Byzantium is you main worry, as they send stack after stack trying to pummel Cilicia into dust. Its quite exciting. I suggest conquering cyprus early and having a safe foothold there, not to forget the *amazing* trade revenues from it (cyprus gets its tradelane choices of anatolia, egypt and the levant) .

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda Twin View Post
    I'll play as Ghorids and spend all assets on crushing the Hindus. Then i will lay low untilthe mongols come and then I'll try to kill off whoever tries to come to India.
    I was actually doing this just yesterday. Its quite fun. Taking Delhi will be quite the challenge. The Ghorids start off with an enormous army and you will be losing money fast the first turn or two. I let my two useless afghan settlements (kabul and peshawar) revolt and turn horde. Then go straigt into Punjab (north india) and conquer and secure all the settlements there and build a nice little North Indian Sultanate. Then go straight for delhi where a massive army awaits you. Then comes the real challenge as by this time you will face the massive armies of the Rajputs. And thus the battle for India begins.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mongol View Post
    I like taking it slow in the beginning and building up my economy.

I think I'll play as the Ayyubids and just tech up but Egypt is going to be harder than vanilla, with the Makurians South and the KoJ North.
    I think I'll play Egypt first too. They and KoJ will have quite exciting campaigns and it wont be easy. I've implemented garrison scripts for both Egypt and KoJ settlements (when under AI control). So taking Jerusalem or any other crusader city will be a b**ch. Saladin better come prepared because Jerusalem or Acre will spawn a large number of units whenever you besiege it - so don't expect a quick siege surprise when the garrison is low.

Quote Originally Posted by orko View Post
    I will play as Rajput, conquer five sorrounding regions, and spend the rest of the time in building my country until the foreign invasions when I am sorrounded only by rebels and I am safe.
    What do you gonna do?
    Rajputs greatest challenge will be the surrounding rebel states. This makes sense considering that in history the Rajputs main weakness was their lack of unity. Their second weakness will be mediocre cavalry in the face of the Ghorids who will field plenty of light to heavy cav. But the Rajputs have rich cities and large armies with some excellent militia forces. Only problem is their low morale. Much like Byzantium the Rajput forces hinge very much on good leadership. So make sure to always have good chivalric generals leading your men.

I will play as Georgia and going to conquer all Caucasus, Turks, Abbasids and Khwarezm-shah, going to make Armenian and Jerusalem as ally, but Byzantian Empire, I will conquer them 100%
    It will be a challenge but Georgia has a great start position. Grab those rebel settlement, especially in azerbaijan or "albania" at first. But be careful. Your first great threat will be Byzantium whose mighty castle at Trebizond will be used to conquer Armenian lands south of Tbilisi. If you want to prevent being dominated then you will need to get to those settlements first. The Seljuks are another major threat. Its best to take up a more defensive position with them while you secure Caucasia and the Byzantine frontier. But if they attack you, make sure to take Ardabil fast, this castle will allow you to launch invasions and raids deep into Iran. If you get low on cash you can always send your heavy warriors to sack Rayy and Isfahan and you will get lots of money that way!

Last edited by Miraj; July 17, 2007 at 04:08 AM.

my first campaign will be Armenia First I was planning to conquer Armenian homelands back but after reading Mirrage's warring I'll be killing Byzantian fools who think they can attack me after they're dead I'll attack and conquer My homelands and kill georgia for the fun and after I'm done their the turks will meet my Crosebows. Thats all I can think about doing in my first campaigne

Georgian Knight's Avatar Foederatus

I will try to do same what David IV did...I already see crushed enemies and Georgian flag on Battlefield....oh that's sweet
    Fan of King David IV the Builder...

Ermeni's Avatar Biarchus

i'm gonna take out the turks and the byzantines ......i'll ally with Georgia and buy any armenian cities thay have aqquired....(like Ani) and then i'll wait for the kingdom of jerusalem to draw first blood then i'll punish the heretical ( ) catholics and claim the holy city for the orthodox church

well, at first I will play as Jerusalem, will fast crush Egypt fields armyes, then take some strategic castles around KoJ, then I will expansion into south - west (Egypt). .... oh, I forgot about Kyprus, this is really strategic position for KoJ and Armenians...
    Last edited by Jon Bibiluri; July 17, 2007 at 04:34 AM.

Georgian Knight's Avatar Foederatus

Icon10 Re: What do you gonna do in your first Broken Crescent game?

Quote Originally Posted by Ermeni View Post
    i'm gonna take out the turks and the byzantines ......i'll ally with Georgia and buy any armenian cities thay have aqquired....(like Ani) and then i'll wait for the kingdom of jerusalem to draw first blood then i'll punish the heretical ( ) catholics and claim the holy city for the orthodox church
    Good Idea
    Fan of King David IV the Builder...

Semisalis

I will play the Seljuks,
    First I will defeat the Abbasid Calipha and establish an empire in North Middle East. Then I will build the economy and military system for to prepare the mongol invasion. Then when I defended the homelant from the mongols invasion. I will build a large army to attack Georgia and Armenia and the turks. Then I will be the true emperor of East Europe and Central East Asia.

I will play as Georgia and first i will conquer rebel settlementts and then whole Caucasus, after it i will spend some time building my country and then will start a campain to conquer all countries at the map

Quote Originally Posted by mirage41 View Post
    I

I was actually doing this just yesterday. Its quite fun. Taking Delhi will be quite the challenge. The Ghorids start off with an enormous army and you will be losing money fast the first turn or two. I let my two useless afghan settlements (kabul and peshawar) revolt and turn horde. Then go straigt into Punjab (north india) and conquer and secure all the settlements there and build a nice little North Indian Sultanate. Then go straight for delhi where a massive army awaits you. Then comes the real challenge as by this time you will face the massive armies of the Rajputs. And thus the battle for India begins.

What can Ghorids Horde? Glad to here this will be fun. What will be a challenge is holding against the countries that have been pushed east by the Mongols. The Rajput will be fun to fight as well.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast