Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 4.1 Released!

Libertus

Default Re: Stainless Steel 4.0 Released!

KK,
    Thanks! Downloading now.

Thanks to Kalos for the Signature!

Om namah shivaya

O Divine Kong, thou hast surely released a marvelous Fourth Revelation.

I have spent many hours today meditating on this...indeed...studying it, playing it even. I must conclude that your mod hath shamed the Creative Assembly, indeed they fear your Noble Mind!

Truly 4.0, being the promised Fourth Revelation is a wonder to behond.

I have noticed semi-rare crash to desktops when attempting to storm a castle or fight a battle, I hath learned to always save Thy Holy Campaign before committing the battle. Such issues did not exist before the installation: Indeed this only proves that the sheer magnitude of the Fourth Revelation is too much for my humble laptop to handle.

Dear Noble Kong I already salivate at the thought of a 5.0

Truly CA fears you Lord Kong. For by your works you make it unnecessary to purchase the Unholy Kingdoms.

A thousand blessings upon ye and your glorious household Noble Sir

Om namah shivaya
    I bear witness that there is no God but Kong
    I bear witness that Selenius is the Moderator of Kong
    I bear witness that Stainless Steel is the ViceRegent of Kong
    I bear witness that there is no Kong but Kong

Link to the Holy Thread

The True Believers: T-Wester, gr33kp1mp777, Hounf of Culan, Blingerman, izanagi11, Quark, Scivian, y2day, Kbibs89, yelowdogg23, Naked Emperor, Mr. Cursed, Barser, Skooma Addict, The Noble Lord, The Englishman, Finsternis, Spamostoc

Wanted heretics: Anubis1

PRAISE KONG

PRAISE KONG

PRAISE KONG

PRAISE KONG

BYZANTIUM WILL LIVE AGAIN!!!!!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Rhetoric is the art of controlling the minds of men"
    Plato

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by gr33kp1mp777 View Post
    PRAISE KONG

PRAISE KONG

PRAISE KONG

PRAISE KONG
    Curse spam, curse spam.

4.0 is awesome KK. Byg's supply system adds a new tactical element to the game that makes it much more interesting. Being notified of when a faction has a princess come of age is very nice too. The only problem I'm having with 4.0 is that I have too many factions that I want to play

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

I didn't find the suggestion thread, so I put it here.

My suggestion is to continue with your old EDU file, because I really liked your modding of the battle than the darthmod one. Developing your EDU would be absolutely great and as far as I have seen, I am not the only one who thinks darthmod vasn't the best choice. Regarding to this, I saw somewhere around here before a long time Lusted's (?) EDU experimenting and he claimed that he actually squashed the bugs from the vanilla (i.e. cavalry charging, chasing routers and main issue "only first line charging"), which are still present in the darthmod as I have seen so far. Maybe asking him or I can look for it by myself for you, if you are interested. I repeat, I really liked your battle mechanics and tweaks in 3.2 and I believe I'm not alone in this...

And thank you for your great mod!

yuhuuuuuuuuuuuu!
    endlich kann ich zocken!

outstanding KK, i love your mod
    thanks!
    danke!
    SUPPORT YOUR COUNTRY!!!
    http://www.politicallyincorrect.de/

MEMBER of S.I.N.

Can someone provide a torrent? Pleeeease...

whoa, words fail to describe my amazement

top class work KK
    als het paard de haver niet lust, dat het dan mijn kloten kust

Geraardsbergen, home of the REAL Manneke Pis

I must say that I am impressed by this mod! I'll DL it right away!

My wife starts to hate you more with every incantation of SS you release!

hehe love that DenniZ

KK - is there an english translation for that paypal page? I don't want to accidentally donate my monthly salary :p

Shaeff
    30 Mis-spellings of Shaeffer and counting!

TestudoAubreii's Avatar Bugger Bamfield!

KK, für noch einen großen Zusatz zu deiner Änderung danke. Ich genieße wirklich, sie zu spielen. Dank für deine harte Arbeit.

My German is not quite up to par, but I hope that is what I am trying to state. I've been out of Germany for about three years now and no one in America likes (more like knows how to) to speak it with me.

morrisonicus
    Last edited by TestudoAubreii; July 17, 2007 at 11:53 AM.

Tiro

Interesting new idea having supplies for your army. Adds a new dimension to the strategy side of things. Only just started playing 4.0 so in reference to the above I was wondering if you garrison soldiers in a fort how does that effect supplies?

Secondly if you are laying siege how does that effect them? i.e can you run out of supplies before the defenders? Not so sure I like the idea of that happening but overall I think it's a good addition

Hi!
    KK, great job, thanks! Crown of Aragon is very nice, i like it!
    I hope, that new version emerge.
    Regards, Kizi

Black Francis's Avatar -IN-NOMINE-XPI-VINCAS-

Great work. Thanks!

IN-HOC-SIGNO-VINCES

Icon14 Re: Stainless Steel 4.0 Released!

Not to sound unoriginal, but great job on the latest edition of your mod. I just started playing and you made my games much more visually and functionally enjoyable by addressing most details that I thought were missing from the original game. With the addition of the naval battles my list would be complete. Stainless Steel 5.0 perhaps?

Thank you very much.

Looks awesome. SS has been one of my favourite mods.

well, that isn't KK's doing, that was Darth mod, besides, i promote making cavalry stronger, i ALWAYS thought they were a little bit underpowered

+rep for me if you agree with me , i might give it right back to you

Sorry but SS 4.0 is totally unplayable for an expert player. I could only stomach one battle. I was waiting for a little polishing before I actually start to play 4.0 but then especially when I read the remarks about battle issues I decided to go ahead to see for myself and give feedback.

I attacked Adana with 1 horsearcher, 1 turkoman and 1 general against 2 spear militia 2 armenian archers and 2 armenian cavalry units. Whole battle last less than 3 minutes with a whooping 10 casualties on my side despite horse archers being totally and i am not exaggerating useless as archer units. My general unit decimated both rebel heavy cavalry units at one point being attacked by a spear unit aswell.

For god's sake please make an other version with your old battle system. I am not going to argue with ppl here, I know what I am talking about and I saw it first hand with my eyes. This version is totally unplayable for any player who uses cavalry and I am not going to try to change the stats for every unit to try to make the combat more appealing. However your old battle system altho weak on AI were pretty decent on actual fighting. Logically when the combat is so out of balance and simple, AI doesnt worth anything coz whether AI behaves good or not, its troops are going to be slaughtered by any player who knows how to use cavalry. I really dont care if i am offending some ppl at this point but if they are going to say cavalry is not super uber, they really dont know anything how to play cavalry. I just ask you to give us the combat system back where we atleast had the chance of having decent battles when AI didnt act real dumb. With this version there is really no chance for experienced players.

I really didnt find the patience to play more after that one battle so I cant give any feedback on the trait system however as far as i saw it seems every faction leader comes with over-condifent trait and traits such as dubious hit pretty fast for no appearent reason, the general marching to adana with 2 units got it in the open.

RC/UAI fix by Quark and Shef disvalidated my request. I am glad there are now 2 options for our beloved mod.
    Last edited by HakanSherif; July 18, 2007 at 06:00 PM.

Just started a campaign as Aragon, and I like the challenge of starting with 2 cities and no 'militaristic' army. It's challenging using militia against the likes of El Cid, and Leon-Castille loves to gobble up those castles.

Also, whoever did the model for the Aragon General's Bodyguards...I LOVE it...they look amazing, especially with the barded neck/head armor.