Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 4.1 Released!

DeMolay's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Stainless Steel 4.1 Released!

Just wanted to say a big thanks for your mod , it is really excellent !

i'm talking about 4.1 version as i don't have Kingdom yet , with the 1.03 version of MIITW , it works fine without bugs so far for me (so for people above having problems with 1.02 , maybe try with 1.03 ? hopefully it can help ) , how refreshing it is to see the many more cities , units , better ai etc..

Thanks a lot , great job

just downloaded it.
    sounds great.

1st comment tho, is about the knights templar.
    maybe my history and previous information about them is completely wrong, but arent the Templar knights all about elite heavy cavalry units?
    in their faction description, it says they lack elite cav. what is that all about?

it very well may have been changed in newer versions that i dont know about.
    but seeing as i dont have kingdoms atm, i cant have it.(or so im told.)

I am playing the Order of Templars as well and it is a DAMN HARD CAMPAIGN!
    I managed to conquer the holy lands: Antioch,Aleppo,Edessa,The T castle u start with, Damascus, Jerusalem, Acre and Gaza but I am getting OWNED by the Mongols now.

Is there anyway to get rid of the stupid trait "Reputation destroyed"??? This happens everytime I get sieged. How the hell am I supposed to have good enough generals to fight the Mongols if every time they siege me I lose like 3 command stars??
    "Oh yes, there will be blood!"

You guys might want to download 6.1... It'll work better I'm sure.
    "...If a fragment of the future can be seen between the joined hands, Then in the light, everything ..words and thoughts... sway back and forth. I'll be sure to pass them to you in the distance, without leaving anything behind..."

Quote Originally Posted by IsolatedPurity View Post
    You guys might want to download 6.1... It'll work better I'm sure.
    i dont have kingdoms, and i heard you need it for anything past 4.1.

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

Quote Originally Posted by CamBovenzi View Post
    i dont have kingdoms, and i heard you need it for anything past 4.1.
    You actually need only kingdoms.exe afaik... anyway, the addon is dead cheap .

Regards

Playing as SS 4.1, I find that my generals won't gain command stars. I've had some heroic victories and the generals only increase their command trough titles; they never achieve the "Good General" trait or something like that. Anyone else has this problem?
    Tis but a scratch.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Playing as SS 4.1, I find that my generals won't gain command stars. I've had some heroic victories and the generals only increase their command trough titles; they never achieve the "Good General" trait or something like that. Anyone else has this problem?
    In SS it is a lot harder to gain command stars than in vanilla. This is quite normal.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

how come you guys havent given out anything for original game?
    both your new updates are for kingdoms, why no for medieval 2 alone?
    You guys can still improve this

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by farquezy View Post
    how come you guys havent given out anything for original game?
    both your new updates are for kingdoms, why no for medieval 2 alone?
    You guys can still improve this
    You seem to be under the impression that making mods of this scale is easy. It isn't. It takes a lot of effort and tons of time. Making two versions of the same mod is not only not feasible, it isn't practical. You'd dilute the quality of both and end up with two mediocre mods. Besides Kingdoms is like 10 bucks now.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    You seem to be under the impression that making mods of this scale is easy. It isn't. It takes a lot of effort and tons of time. Making two versions of the same mod is not only not feasible, it isn't practical. You'd dilute the quality of both and end up with two mediocre mods. Besides Kingdoms is like 10 bucks now.
    No, in no way am i under this impression.
    I know how difficult it is, a body of mine was part of making mods for CS, and is MUCH smaller then this game, so i cant imagine how hard making mods for this game is.
    I was wondering as to why you didnt make any for original, sorry if i gave the wrong impression.

Great mod. Played few weeks now and it's the best mod for M2. See my amatuor art picture:
    http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9083/nimetn1f.jpg

ok how do i know it worked
    i got the rapidshare version and it said it installed it yet nothing is different about it
    Last edited by Doge Domenico; May 12, 2009 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doge Domenico View Post
    ok how do i know it worked
    i got the rapidshare version and it said it installed it yet nothing is different about it
    Is a "Stainless Steel" icon on your desktop? Does a dosbox window open when you start the game with that shortcut? Keep in mind that the mod is seperated from the original game.
    Also it is very important that you install the mod and the patch into the correct directory.
    Normally this is ".../Program Files/SEGA/Medieval II Total War".

Wolfgrin's Avatar Semisalis

SS4.1 part 2 of the download from Rapidshare seems to be corrupted. Once I've decompressed the file in WinAce, I can't do anything with it (i.e, open it, extract it, move it) without getting this error message: Error #25116 Error Bad Block

Any ideas what that means? The other two files (part 1 and the 4.1 patch) work fine. Thanks for any feedback.

I'll look into it Wolfgrin. In the meantime please retry the download, sometimes the file gets corrupted in transfer from those filehosters.
    Update:
    Just verified Stainless_Steel_4.0.part2.rar - download again and it should be fine.
    I've just extracted the multiarchive with Winrar and ran the installer without any problems.

Thanks, Bane. I'll try another download, but this will be the FOURTH I've tried. It might be something on my end, but as I said, the patch and part one work fine.

Its possible that this WinAce version can't handle winrar multi-volume-archives of that specific version. Quick googlesearch showed that there have been some issues...
    If you don't want to install a new program just to test this try http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/7-zip_portable
    Also here are the filesizes of these archives:
    Stainless_Steel_4.0.part1.rar 193 MB (202.831.872 Bytes)
    Stainless_Steel_4.0.part2.rar 91,6 MB (96.063.614 Bytes)

Bane, if I were a little more computer savvy, I might be able to figure this out. As it is, I'm an idiot. Here's what I know at this point:

I've downloaded part I and patch once each without incident. They both open, and I've installed part I. Part 2, on the other hand, has been downloaded FIVE times now. I extracted it four times with WinAce, but the extracted .exe wouldn't work (Error: Bad block, etc.) I downloaded it a fifth time. Then I downloaded the 7zip app you suggested (thanks for that, BTW), but still no love. The .exe is considered by 7zip to be "broken". Eep.

I hate to lead you on a wild goose chase, so unless something else comes to mind, don't spend a lot of time on this. Besides, I'm doing this on my brother's computer, so I might talk him into getting Kingdoms, and we'll try SS6.1. Then again, if we do, we might have the same multi-download problem, yes?

THanks again, for your time, dude.