Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 4.1 Released!

Default Re: Stainless Steel 4.1 Released!

Quote Originally Posted by wonkuruben View Post
    Have fun playing a not so fun mod
    Yeah, the lack of resonable responsiveness to questions like this kind of puts me off. I don't want to be bothered is this is the kind of support one gets.

Okay, so my game works perfectly on the map, but when I get into battle mode, as soon as I press "Start Battle", BAM - unspecified error and CTD. -__-
    I'll post my system log if needed, but I'm warning, it's HUEG. No idea what I did wrong. >_<

edit: Excuse me, this was meant to be in the bugs thread. My mistake. I'll post it there too, and please delete this one.
    Last edited by cgfreak; December 10, 2007 at 10:57 AM.

Should i atempt to install this mod if i have no expeience modding and can I still play the game vanilla after the mod is installed?

This mod comes with an installer, and installs to a separate folder.
    so.. you do not need any additional skills and you can still play vanilla. (and you want to play vanilla why?)
    Artifex
    Under the patronage of King Kong
    Proud patron of y2day and yelowdogg23

ha ha thanks. Im downloading right now and the excitement is killing me.

emieltje's Avatar Laetus

as far as i know i did everything correct, i can see the launcher but the launcher doesn't work... reinstalled many times and re-downloaded twice.. can anybody help?

Info:
    Launch_Stainless_Steel_Mod
    MS-DOS-batchbestand <file..
    1 kb

Quote Originally Posted by emieltje View Post
    as far as i know i did everything correct, i can see the launcher but the launcher doesn't work... reinstalled many times and re-downloaded twice.. can anybody help?

Info:
    Launch_Stainless_Steel_Mod
    MS-DOS-batchbestand <file..
    1 kb
    Welcome to the forum!

This sounds like you have installed the mod into the wrong directory.
    It should be insatlled in ".../Medieval II Total War" directory.
    Hope this helps...

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

emieltje's Avatar Laetus

i am affraid not, i downloaded it in the MedII directory. everything looks good but the launcher is corrupt.

screen coming in a sec...

Last edited by emieltje; January 20, 2008 at 12:27 PM.

Does this install into it's own folder so I can run it seperately? I have The Long Road, but I would like to play this too.

-TwoScoops

edit: Nevermind, I'm a forum reading noob

aha كس امكو

Is this the last version of SS that doesn't require kingdoms?
    "Run to the rescue with love and peace will follow"

Yes

hey all...is there any way i can have a screen print out on my paper printer...need to show someone at work something funny. thanks

Civis

I did a fresh install of MTW2 and patch 1.2 and installed Stainless Steel 4.0 + 4.1

Everything works fine until I end my first turn... as it goes through each factions turn it stops at the kingdom of scotland...and the turn refuses to end. I can still move the camera and access the escape menu but other than that the game wont do anything. What gives?

Woops, ill post this in the bugs thread x]
    Last edited by Kazem; February 05, 2008 at 01:40 AM.
    You know the world is off tilt when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest basketball player is Chinese, and Germany doesn't want to go to war. -Charles Barkley

Kazem, I like your sig. Wouldn't it be better that the tallest (if any) basketball player were Mexican? Granted the women are gorgious but most Mexicans are short, Chinese are usually average height. And I'm a damn good golfer, maybe not as good as tiger woods, but good.
    "Run to the rescue with love and peace will follow"

Quote Originally Posted by emieltje View Post
    i am affraid not, i downloaded it in the MedII directory. everything looks good but the launcher is corrupt.

screen coming in a sec...
    Try deleting the launcher, rename your medieval .exe file to launcher, (back both of them up first!), and then run your SS shortcut. If I am thinking right the SS shortcut will look for launcher.exe and instead of launching the actual launcher, it will just go straight to SS.

This worked for me but I am using 5.1, so it might not work for you.
    Last edited by Westermeyer; February 09, 2008 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by general_varro View Post
    hey all...is there any way i can have a screen print out on my paper printer...need to show someone at work something funny. thanks
    Yeah, just get your screenshot file, open, and print. :hmmm:

To get a screenshot, either download a program to do it and save it automatically, or just press "PRINT SCREEN", minimize the program, open MSPAINT, go to edit>paste, file>save, file>print. If you're trying to print out a game screenshot, you probably want to set your printer to draft quality, or whatever it calls the lowest. Printer ink is darn expensive! Also try setting it to print in black and white to save more.

I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem, but in my campaign the date is stuck at 1080. My generals age no problem, but no change to the date. I did change the timescale to 0.50 though. Could that be the reason?

Any help would be appreciated! The mod is fantastic otherwise

idk if this is a bug or not but:

when i launch stainless steel from my desktop using the icon, a black box with the address (i think thats what it is) comes up, then the beginning loading screen comes up and goes as normal with the SS background and everything, but when its done loading it goes right back to the desktop

Just downloaded this today as I haven't got kingdoms. Good mod.