Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 4.1 Released!

Icon11 Re: Stainless Steel 4.1 Released!

Hello.
    I'm french.Excuse me for all error i say here.
    I'm install M2TW, patch 1.1 and patch 1.2.
    After i aplly stainless steel 4.0 and 4.1.
    I'm aplly too the hot fix.
    But the problem is when i am started a campaign, at the end of my first turn the time of adversary turn is never ending, but the game isn't crash, because i am always can save or modify the options. It's do that for many nations.
    I'm remove the game and delete all filles of M2TW but after reinstall all the probleme is always here.
    Could you help me?
    I really like to play Stainless steel.
    Thank's for your's answers.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: Stainless Steel 4.1 Released!

You dont have to apply the hotfix after installing 4.1. The hotfix was for 4.0. Not sure if that would be the exact cause of your problem but try just installing 4.0 and then the 4.1 patch. Good luck!

And welcome to the forums
    Last edited by Caesar Clivus; August 05, 2007 at 09:27 AM.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Almogaver's Avatar Senator

In the features section it's said that there is a historical character names list for aragon... well, the list has little to no resemblance to historical charater names... especially the bynames... well, all of them. It's completely wrong...
    --------------Arengada--------------

Thank for this answer !
    I tell you later if that ok.

I have to post here. SS4.1 is absolutely fantastic! I haven't encountered any real bugs or game breaking things and it brought me back to M2TW and SS alike.

And what I consider greatest improvment is the combat. Before in ANY mod or battle mechanics I used some "strategies" which gave me always easy victory. But now those strategies don't fool AI anymore! It flanks, use cavalry at devastating effect etc. Units do what they are supposed to and things are just that - REAL :-) I really love it. After a little messy 4.0 it's wonderful now.

So big thanks to you King Kong Awesome work.

Chola_Kingdom's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
    I have to post here. SS4.1 is absolutely fantastic! I haven't encountered any real bugs or game breaking things and it brought me back to M2TW and SS alike.

And what I consider greatest improvment is the combat. Before in ANY mod or battle mechanics I used some "strategies" which gave me always easy victory. But now those strategies don't fool AI anymore! It flanks, use cavalry at devastating effect etc. Units do what they are supposed to and things are just that - REAL :-) I really love it. After a little messy 4.0 it's wonderful now.

same and 100% agree with you
    now a days my generals Loose the battle so easily because of the enemy army behaviors.

Fan of True Mods for the MTWII :[Stainless steel, Broken Crecent]
    Stainless steel compatible Cinema editorial : Guide
    Viscount In TWC

first of all, thanks a ton for the outstanding modification, you should link pay-pal or something so those of us that know and appreciate how hard the work is to mod all this. That said ahhhhhhhhhhhhh I just spent a month basically tweaking 4.0 to more or less what you've done with 4.1 and three days later, bam you've done it for me, lol @ me. Good call removing the overconfidence and dishonor traits, way to unbalanced if you ask me, arrogance shouldn't bring you from Patton to a private, I can understand the hit but it was kind of severe, and I changed the values in char-traits file from -3 to -1 at the first level but when I started my new game I was still taking the 3 star hit, so I just removed the entire confidence traits and triggers, never got my three stars back, but I was happy it wasn't going to happen again. If it can be tweaked down it could work, except the dishonor trait, tactically sound moves actually costing you??? Also I do hope getting command stars does become a bit easier, my new King basically conquered the Moores, converted them to Christianity, secured nearly every Mediterranean Island, and he doesn't even have one command star, the man practically built an empire from the two starting Argonian provinces. Thanks for adding them btw the Iberian peninsula is on the front lines of the religious wars which where so central to everything during the period, it was a great game experience wheeling and dealing with Portugal and Castile Leon while concquering and converting the Moores. The difficulty in making great characters I feel it has to do with all the new traits, which are great in thier own right, don't get me wrong, but their are so many bad ones, and tweaked to high it makes it seem very difficult to get those great generals you need to keep your forces fighting just one moment longer to break heathen enemy... :-) Which is why I tweaked down alot of the moral hits modded in as well, I kept them, just tweaked them down, reason being, I had a general, and 8 units of heavily armored swordsmen who'd all but conquered the moores capitol except two general units left in the town square, I ordered my troops to surround them which they did, and then every last unit charged the last two units, but with all the moral hits modded in, I looked away for a second to light a cig, and my entire army routed in that moment it took to light up. So my 300 men are now fleeing from 15 men left in the bodyguard units and they held the city, well what was left of it after the bombardment I gave it, hehehehe, as 1500 lay dead all around them, after that I had to tweak down the moral values. Well I'm going to stop here, I love your mod, I know I only brought up the 'issues' but 99.5% of this is pure gold. Thank you.

- NEW Events when a princess comes of age or when a monarch dies; many different portraits of beautiful and less beautiful princesses :wink:
    Are there new portraits for all the family members in the game, or just the princesses?

Very, very good mod. I played as Milan and I was defeated by the Byzantines and the Holy Roman Empire. I played on vh/vh and I played all Total War Games. But in this campaign, the enemy buildy so vast and terrible armies, fought in battle so steady...Funny!
    I like this difficulty, but...winnig would be nice

Is vh/vh recommed for this mod? A hard Battle AI and a Very hard campaign AI is okay, too?

xspartanx_myk's Avatar Foederatus

Wowgreat work cant wait till i can play it.....btw only 18:50 to go!!!

mrmouth's Avatar flaxen haired argonaut

Pardon me if I missed this, but does 4.1 install into its own folder or does it change vanilla game files?

thanks

Is it somehow possible, to play SS4.1 with R&P Mod BigMap 2.3?

Are 4.0 saves compatible with 4.1?

Yes, but it's recommended to start a new campaign to minimize any possible errors.

1. SS4.1 installs in it own folder, leaving vanilla alone
    2. It best to start a new campign as traits, units stats etc have been edited.
    3. Don't know R&P Mod BigMap 2.3, but suspect that it would be a great deal of work as SS has its own new areas, factions etc, and a slightly bigger map anyway.
    4. Personally with the vanilla Ai I would go for hard campaign, very hard battles.
    5. Portraits, its the princesses only.

To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer.
    Paul Ehrlich

Hi Resurrection,
    Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post

Very nice to hear this from you!
    especially after your criticism (not that I wouldn't appreciate it) before!
    You know, as the one who directed me to twc, your feedback is always very appreciated!
    Cheers!

@Chola:Thanks, too!

Hi proelium comittere,
    Very, very good mod. I played as Milan and I was defeated by the Byzantines and the Holy Roman Empire. I played on vh/vh and I played all Total War Games. But in this campaign, the enemy buildy so vast and terrible armies, fought in battle so steady...Funny!
    I like this difficulty, but...winnig would be nice :wink:

Is vh/vh recommed for this mod? A hard Battle AI and a Very hard campaign AI is okay, too?
    Thanks!
    And well, I started this mod because I wanted to loose this game one time finally! Really!
    So, your report sounds very good to me and my recommendation is always vh(h)/vh. This makes the most fun for me.....

@Quark
    Thanks for your assisstance!
    Last edited by King Kong; August 10, 2007 at 09:54 AM.

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

Someone was just asking for impressions of MTW2 on another forum, and I said, ehh, it looks good, but it lacks some of the depth I enjoyed in the earlier titles. Someone else said, check out Stainless Steel. So here I've come, and boy am I excited!

I haven't given your mod a whirl yet, but it certainly looks enticing. Good job on the clean layout of your FAQ and downloads page, btw.

Henry X's Avatar Protector Domesticus

SS rocks. I like it even more than I already do because of the Byzantine arquebuse.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Tempting fate i know, but been playing SS 4.1 (no other mods) for about 30 hours on my English campaign - up to year 1407 so far. Not a single CTD. must be the most stable mod I've ever played. Loading screens are very professional. Overall I'd happily recommend this to anyone wanting a mod for MII:TW.

Very enjoyable campaign too, have about 40 provinces and am in a strong position. Hope to finish in the next few days.

Icon14 Re: Stainless Steel 4.1 Released!

Having only played SS 4.1 for a few hours, I have to say that this mod makes the game everything I expected Medieval II to be - I was very disappointed with vanilla, but your mod, and the mods included, has completely changed my opinion on the game.

From basically unplayable to very enjoyable. Creative Assembly should offer you a job.