View Poll Results: Do you think these would be a good idea.

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

33 89.19%
  • No Way!

0 0%
  • Maybe, if you make some changes. (state changes)

4 10.81%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kb8's Holysites and Wonders

Civitate

Default Kb8's Holysites and Wonders

Kb's HolySites/Wonders

last edited 14.07.07

Ive been working on some add ons for CAE, which basically add some 'wonders' and 'holysites' to CAE to make certain cities such as jerusalem and Constantinople more interesting and desirable due to benefits. We may also look to add a garrisson script to spawn an AI garrison to make it hard for you to capture the city to get the benefits.

These are not like the wonders of Rome total war but will act as indestructable buildings which start off in certain provinces and will act like wonders. I will look into adding an event popup when you capture it and Zeph might pursue a challenge to create a 3d map item so you can see it.

Ive only just started this and have not tested it entirley in battles and such. But the effects do work. I talked to Zeph about adding a possible order of the Sepulchre guild recruitable only in Jerusalem.

Here are some preview early screens. Tell me what you think all comments welcome inc. constructive criticism. Be gentle its my first mod.

Ill add in a vote as well for better results.

SALADIN CITADEL OF CAIRO

This was regarded as one of the wonders of the middle ages. It was a huge citadel built by saladin to fortify cairo against possible crusades.
    It is quite a beautiful thing and offers bonuses according to law and happiness due to feeling safe.

DOME OF THE ROCK

This a joint, dome, al aqsa and western wall holy site which will act as giving happiness bonus to the residents of jerusalem whoever holds it. This will make crusading AI more likley to hold onto the city and simulate an actual struggle for the holy land.

HAGIA SOFIA

This was the biggest cathedral in the world and the centre of the orthodox church. The most important building in Byzantium, how could i not have it? This will give relegious benefit in all settlements as well as happiness.

CHURCH OF THE HOLY SEPULCHRE

One of the most important reasons for cusading to jerusalem and a symbol of jesus christ. This will give relegious and happiness benefits should you capture jerusalem. It may also allow you to recruit elite knights of the holy sepulchre to defend the city.

I do also plan on adding way more. Zeph loves them but wanted to see what everyone else thought too.

EDIT: ill try to get bigger images for the others. Dont knowwhy they shrunk.
    Last edited by Каие; July 15, 2007 at 12:56 PM.

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

Default Re: Kb8 Holysites/Wonders

Just voted yes,very nice additions nice tgas,cards and all should definetely be in.Also certain garrison script now is a must to prevent those important cities to fall easily.
    Shine on you crazy diamond...

Civitate

Ah yes good idea i never thought of that. A garrisson script only for the AI though, because it would be too easy for a human defender. Good idea, man.
    what other sites do you think i should add?

My next one is for Jedda. Kaaba, until i find away of adding region to make mecca.

Quote Originally Posted by kb8 View Post
    Ah yes good idea i never thought of that. A garrisson script only for the AI though, because it would be too easy for a human defender. Good idea, man.
    what other sites do you think i should add?

My next one is for Jedda. Kaaba, until i find away of adding region to make mecca.
    Yes garrison script should be for the AI,makes sense.The cities that are in my mind for starters are :

Jerusalem
    Constantinople
    Vienna

You should definetely add Kaaba,a great idea again..Hmm honestly not much comes to my mind right now,btw check your PM...

Civitate

just wondering why vienna? do you mean venice?

just wondering why vienna? do you mean venice?
    No,I meant the city of Vienna not Venice,it was an important city of the HRE and although besieged by the Ottoman Empire twice it could not be taken and I think that qualifies the city as a prominent,well-deserving garrison script receiver.

Civitate

ah right, good point. i didnt now. good luck with that.

ah right, good point. i didnt now. good luck with that.
    I thought you went to sleep.. Thank you.

Eranshahr's Avatar Primicerius

Personally I voted maybe, The thing is I do like this idea, But I think that all nations should be able to create atleast one. I mean like Denmark should also be able to create a wonder just like the Koj can, and it should be equal to all nations. Of course it must be in Special cities, But all capitals had some special thing. And for the Khwarezm maybe some Imam tomb in Baghdad. And for Holy roman empire, the Church of Dom in Köln. University of Warsava, Tower Bridge, something like that. But It is a very good idea you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Eranshahr View Post
    Personally I voted maybe, The thing is I do like this idea, But I think that all nations should be able to create atleast one. I mean like Denmark should also be able to create a wonder just like the Koj can, and it should be equal to all nations. Of course it must be in Special cities, But all capitals had some special thing. And for the Khwarezm maybe some Imam tomb in Baghdad. And for Holy roman empire, the Church of Dom in Köln. University of Warsava, Tower Bridge, something like that. But It is a very good idea you have.
    Well for now kb8 came up with these and the way I see it they are all nice additions which won't hurt anyone.So these should be included no matter what.
    As for your suggestions,kb8 was looking for some new stuff to feature so your suggestions may aid him.

I have found something for Sweden- Tre kronor, The royal castle was built during middle ages and still exists today.-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tre_kronor_%28castle%29

For denmark maybe Roskilde Cathredal, although it is not in Arhus but it is still a Danish wonder -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roskilde_Cathedral

the Kremlin of Novgorod for Russia -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novgorod

Now I feel like a stalker, maybe Is hould shut up for a while XD

Quote Originally Posted by Eranshahr View Post
    I have found something for Sweden- Tre kronor, The royal castle was built during middle ages and still exists today.-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tre_kronor_%28castle%29

For denmark maybe Roskilde Cathredal, although it is not in Arhus but it is still a Danish wonder -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roskilde_Cathedral

the Kremlin of Novgorod for Russia -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novgorod

Now I feel like a stalker, maybe Is hould shut up for a while XD
    Aha... I found something too Hermitage for Russia I'll tell this to kb tomorrow...

Civitate

Hi everyone thanks for suggestions i was thinking of the kremlin too. Eran i do see what you mean by sying everyone should be able to build it but no-ine can uild them anyway. They are just there to make the more important cities in the middle ages be more desirable for the sites as they were in real life.

E.g. what is the point of crusading to jerusalem and wasting that time and effort if its just a normal city? I thought if we put some pecial sites in the cities that are crusaded such as Cairo, Jerusalem and jihad targets as Constantinople. Ill see what i can do about the other factions, but we have to see if we can balance them, e.g. i have not tested these a lot, so i hope they wont give much of an advantage to the AI.

but i hope you understand, not for very faction and city, just important ones, which the computer should really hold on to but can't. Also a garison script keeps the AI in hold and it wont pass to the human player easily enough. However ill put in as many as possible.

I agree with kb8 at this point.You need to consider his situation,too as anyone can see the tgas and cards he used and found for the rock of dome,and the citadel of salahaddin plus Haga Sophia is very nice,but when the quantity increase (by quantity I mean such wonders and important buildings for each faction as you propose) the quality of the work might decrease or might not be the same,

So first of all the most proper and logical attempt is to feature the most distinctive ones,by the light of this kb8 I suggest featuring Hermitage located at the city of Moscow.

And I have an another suggestion,how about the famous Citadel of Kerak? It was an enormous fortification that the Crusaders built,if I can sort out whether such a code exists we may set Kerak's bonus as + siegedefence and +troopmorale...

Well if they are going to be in those cities, then there are lots of things to give all factions. I mean in the Province of Iraq you can put Ruins of Babylon, Ruis of Ctesiphon and many other world heritage sites. What i thought is that it is better to let all factions have atleast one " Special" thing to hold on to.

But I do undersand what you mean Kb8.

Just aother suggestion, i think that the Citadel of Granada should be one of these wonders and also the Cathredal of Rome, the City of Venice for it's famous canals and Paris for the famous royal estate.

EzE's Avatar Libertus

These are absolutely magnificent - I can't wait to see what else you add - I like that suggestion of making the Cathedral of Rome a Wonder - it should be tough to conquer that as well. No one has conquered it yet and with all the other catholic factions it should be an automatic declaration of war against any faction that attacks the city of Rome. All other catholic factions should be required to attack or declare war against the attacking faction or be excommunicated.

Just my opinion.
    "Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and success of freedom." - John F. Kennedy, 1961
    :usflag:
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

CtrlAltDe1337's Avatar Praepositus

Very cool, but the bonuses are waaaaayyy too high. You should keep the bonuses somewhere around 5-15% for most of the stuff. Otherwise it will be too good.

Civitate

Thanks for those links Eran. Ive currently put any firther wonders on hold to work on something more important for Zeph!!! but i will be getting back to them shortly. Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

But still comment and make suggestions if you wish until i return. I will update the photos above with the rebalanced stats.
    Last edited by Zephrelial; July 15, 2007 at 05:05 PM.

Sure, I am now exited to know about the " Secret" thing you are doing XD

I can try to find 1 building or so for every faction of you like too, But I must know this, Should it be in the Capital city, or can it be in the region?

Civitate

@eran

preferably capital, but not essential. Like i said though, too many of these wonders will render them useless or tedious. But comeup with what you can and we will see.

@Crucifix

I have rebalanced them, being 10-15% on each thing and removed law bonus for holy site. I am yet to update thepictures.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast