Thread: Pinko's Mo Better Blood Mod ver1 (for 3.2)

Default Pinko's Mo Better Blood Mod ver1 (for 3.2)

Installation instructions:

Backup and replace the existing DESCR_EFFECTS_IMPACTS.TXT in the SEGA\Medieval II Total War\DLV_ext\data folder.

Enjoy the ++carnage

*update*
    Now included is the descr_projectiles.txt. Previously muskets werent producing blood due to the ammunition radius size. Now fixed.

p.s. what my sig says.
    Last edited by Lumberjack; July 15, 2007 at 04:04 PM.

Default Re: Pinko's Mo Better Blood Mod ver1 (for 3.2)

Also, if someone wants to make some more/better screen shots of they'd be most welcome.

Pinko,

Thanks for the bloodiest mini-mod ever. Going to enjoy it later with the nu-build 3.2... + rep for you Pinko. Hope this finds you well -- Tokus

I also recommend reducing the ballista projectile mass (0.2 is what I chose) for more realism.

Where do I change that?

Also, thanks for the great mod...installing now, wewt wewt!

Thanks for the kind words (and rep) Tokus (speaking of which, i'm about to kiss the sky)

Hick,
    in the DLV_ext\data\DESCR_PROJECTILES.TXT
    scroll down to the ballista projectile properties, and there's a line that will say "mass 0.8"

The current setting makes ballista hits toss people in the air, which makes no sense.

I just noticed that blood doesnt display properly when reflections are on. I dont know if its just with my system, but if youre having problems try turning off reflections first.

The descr_projectile.txt is required to fully experience Mo Better Blood.

I get the missile blood but should there be blood for each sword/axe/spear strike? Melee combat at the moment appears such a bloodless affair. Maybe you've already added all the instances where blood can be spilt in graphic Monty Python fashion and I'm missing something....

I couldnt find a way to make melee attacks squirt blood, and Ive never personally seen it happen.

If you know where the melee impact events parameters are (if there are any beyond the sound references in the EDU for attacks/armor) please share, I'll tweak them out to make them mo betta.

Hi Pinko.. I really like the blood mod you have. Anyway you can do this for the latest darth mod? Or if you could show me which file i need to mod and its parameters would be great.