Thread: Announcement: Prizes

Default Announcement: Prizes

Well registration has closed so now I think its time to announce the prizes. Here's how they will work:
    The final assignment will be a "final project," and everyone that turns it in will be entered into a poll that all the students will be able to vote in for the winner. This is the "Grand Prize."

I will also award prizes for most improved, most committed, and excellent achievement. These will be "Secondary Prizes."

Finally, anyone that turned in more than half of the assignments and wants a copy of HL2, I have two extra ones if anyone wants to have them.

Grand prize: Wacom Grapphire3 4x5 USB tablet

Secondary Prizes: (each winner chooses one)
    Milkshape 3D modelling program
    Digital Lighting and Rendering
    Digital Texturing and Painting
    Digital Character Design and Painting
    (I have a bookshelf of other stuff to choose from as well if not interested in this selection)

I need to add, shipping of the prizes is only available in the continental United States. If a non-US winner is chosen, we can work something out that can be bought digitally; most of this comes from my personal collection I'm trying to clear out so I'm not actually spending money except on the Milkshape license and shipping, but I will to be fair.

I hope this provides incentive for you guys to get through the last 3 weeks and finish strong.
    Count no man happy until he is dead.

Default Re: Announcement: Prizes

Do you think that all the lessons/assignments will be available by the 27th? Because I'm leaving to Russia on the 27th for a couple of weeks, so it will quite impossible for me to do anything after that... If not, well, I've learned a lot already...
    Chivalry - Total War I Settlement Plans and Buildings Dev...
    and Public Relations person, pm me with any specific questions concerning the mod...

Consilium Belli member

under the patronage of Sétanta

Its likely that the last two tutorials will be available on Monday. I've adjusted the course curriculum to focus in more on photographs and to simplify it. All we have left are specular/normal maps, and filters. Filters is going to be a short optional one. The final projects will be due before August 1st, so you should be just in time.

Hattori's Avatar Citizen

Wow, this was unexpected, you arranged all this prof? Thanks.

Under Patronage of MARCVS

Vuk's Avatar Miles

OMG! And I didn't even know classes had started yet!!

Vuk

Yes, well, hurry up and catch up! You miss stuff when you are suspended. Trust me, I know.