Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Counter-Strike clan looking for players.

Default Counter-Strike clan looking for players.

Were reforming, used in be in IM in 1.6 and played a season of source and now are starting a new source clan.

We have a couple of people who are new to the game and only three of us at the moment are really good. We have 6 players right now but will need more for scrims and matchs, especially since the 4th and 5th cal starter spot is open.

We have a ventrilo server, and a private CS server. 3 of us are in Chicago and that is where the server is located, others live in Kentucky, New Jersey, and Michigan. Two of us were in cal-im and know strats and what is needed for a successful clan.

Also if you do not have a sense of humor and can't take vulgar language dont join.

We just need to get enough people so we can scrim every weekday in the evening, you do not have to be on every day. Everyone will get a chance to play in a scrim and have a chance to start in a cal match. We will take most people who want to try. If you listen, are willing to learn, and are a team player we will keep you. We are willing to teach you how to play if we need to.

edit: One last thing, we absolutely REQUIRE you to have less than 100 ping to our server. Also a microphone is required, ventrilo use is needed to do well in scrims and matchs.
    208.100.10.172:27016
    Any region/nationality is accepted so long as you ping well at the server.
    Last edited by Kanaric; July 12, 2007 at 06:42 PM.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Roy Batty's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Counter-Strike clan looking for players.

Why do you need a 3rd party voice communication program? What's wrong with the ingame version?
    The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
    H. L. Mencken

The 3rd party is for better communication. In game if you are dead how can you tell the others where the guys who killed you were, or what to do?
    I used to play CS alot back in the day. Was never into source though, i can try out if you like. Iv been playing BF2 alot though, so ill need to warm up first. -Leon

Quote Originally Posted by invictus View Post
    The 3rd party is for better communication. In game if you are dead how can you tell the others where the guys who killed you were, or what to do?
    You shouldn't have to. If you're on an effective team, your team mates will know where you were when you died due to proper communication and organization and can respond accordingly.

Are you implying that Ghosting is legal in tournaments?
    The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
    H. L. Mencken

You cant ghost unless you know specifically where the other players are and you are letting your team know. If i just say, "o i died at bombsite a", is that ghosting? Not to mention the how much clearer ventrillo and teamspeak are as opposed to in game. But hey, you are free to think of it how you want. -Leon

I hate vent, I can never figure out why my voice doesn't work properly, and it lags my CSS too much.
    Patronized by happyho in the Legion of Rahl
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Debs
    The Republican and Democratic parties, or, to be more exact, the Republican-Democratic party, represent the capitalist class in the class struggle. They are the political wings of the capitalist system and such differences as arise between them relate to spoils and not to principles.

You shouldn't have to. If you're on an effective team, your team mates will know where you were when you died due to proper communication and organization and can respond accordingly.

Are you implying that Ghosting is legal in tournaments?
    Your completely wrong.

In game chat doesn't work, ghosting does work. EVERYONE and i mean EVERYONE uses vent in leagues, its just how it is. The voice quality is better, and you can tell them where someone is when you die if you need to. You would have to use it and play in a scrim to understand. The last time i've been in any clan that didn't use voice was probably in like cs 1.1.

Is anyone interested in this? We just need a couple of people to start cal... we are scriming now but not as much as we would like. The starting spots are open if you want to join.

count me in. been awhile since i pwned some n00bs

STReetSamurai's Avatar Miles

My cal days are over but I can scrim with you I guess.

PM the server details for the CS:S server and the ventrilo, I'll stop by tomorrow.

Doesn't anyone else get lag using vent? It sucks to be stuck shooting a wall when some dip **** keeps disconnecting and joining the vent over and over, or some other retard won 't STFU so you can hear the T's running around through the tunnels on Dust 2 who are about to rush B on you. I just use the teamspeak now, and don't even really deal with much scrimming anymore.
    Patronized by happyho in the Legion of Rahl
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Debs
    The Republican and Democratic parties, or, to be more exact, the Republican-Democratic party, represent the capitalist class in the class struggle. They are the political wings of the capitalist system and such differences as arise between them relate to spoils and not to principles.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    Your completely wrong.
    No I'm not. Organization is as important to an effective team as communication. Try it. You might be pleasantly surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    In game chat doesn't work, ghosting does work. EVERYONE and i mean EVERYONE uses vent in leagues, its just how it is. The voice quality is better, and you can tell them where someone is when you die if you need to. You would have to use it and play in a scrim to understand. The last time i've been in any clan that didn't use voice was probably in like cs 1.1.
    I have played in scrimmages and tournaments. I do understand. The built-in voice communication that comes with Half-Life 1 and 2 is perfectly adequate. It does work.
    H. L. Mencken

If this was 1.6 like I thought it was we might have something.

I can AWP the tick off your ass.
    Sponsored by the Last Roman

Shazbot's Avatar grant woodgrain grippin

If you still need anybody, I can play.

Edit: And every time I try to connect to your server, it says bad password, or is that your vent ip?
    Last edited by Shazbot; July 25, 2007 at 02:15 PM.

awisler's Avatar Senator

I just started playing source again after 3 or so months away, I used to be pretty good so I will try and contact you ingame. My source name is Acw.

EDIT - Server is still passworded, could you PM me the PW?
    Last edited by awisler; July 25, 2007 at 06:23 PM.

No I'm not. Organization is as important to an effective team as communication. Try it. You might be pleasantly surprised.
    No, i'm saying your wrong about ventrilo being not important. Organization is obviously something that is needed, anyone can see that.

And every time I try to connect to your server, it says bad password, or is that your vent ip?
    Its a private server, only used for scrims.

My ventrilo info is:

Look for anyone in there named JTHM (me), Arthanis, Deceived, Sockety, Rhor, Labron, etc. those are people who play CS often and are for sure clan people.

Arthanis owns the vent, we let anyone we know IRL or online for a while to use it so there is more than just our CS clan there. At any time there can be between 5 - 100 people on there depending if there is a WoW raid going on.

My aim: Anubiswod
    MSN : kanaric1@comcast.net
    steam friends: kanaric1@comcast.net

If this was 1.6 like I thought it was we might have something.

I can AWP the tick off your ass.
    AWP works about the same in source if you want to play with us. We have a great awper but could use another.

I hate vent, I can never figure out why my voice doesn't work properly, and it lags my CSS too much.
    It depends on the codec among other things, try ours and see if it lags you.

I have played in scrimmages and tournaments. I do understand. The built-in voice communication that comes with Half-Life 1 and 2 is perfectly adequate. It does work.
    Even if I ringer NOBODY uses in game voice. I havn't seen any clans use it since Roger Wilco came out.

We are still taking people so if you want to join PM me or reply to this topic.

MattErickson's Avatar Centenarius

Ehh, I can play around with you guys if you want, I just don't know if I can join, I have a lot of stuff going on right now and I'm frequently busy.

Eksadiss's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Crab Apple Tea View Post

With vent you can also tell your teammates at which direction the guy who killed you is coming from(seeing as you have a little bit of a death cam). you can call If they picked up your awp, You can also call if you saw bomb in the firefight.

Ventrilo is simply MORE effective then ingame voice, there is no question about it.
    Member of S.I.N|Philosophizer

Of course it's more effective, it's borderline cheating. I don't think the developers intended on your teammates communicating with you from beyond the dead

MattErickson's Avatar Centenarius

Ehh, I'm having problems getting on the ventrilo server.
    That's the IP and port right?
    No other password/fine print sorta stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by MattErickson View Post
    Ehh, I'm having problems getting on the ventrilo server.
    That's the IP and port right?
    No other password/fine print sorta stuff?
    My ventrilo info is:
    yep, on there right now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast