Thread: Crash in 1103

Default Crash in 1103

yo, i downloaded RTJ 3.0 beta 2.
    at the beginning of the campaign i got several crashes, but after restarting the game and trying it over and over again it stopped crashing and i were able to go on.

now in the year 1103 im getting crashes again.
    so... i saw that in one of the topics here was written that some crashes were fixed with a hotfix.
    so... is that hotfix included in the RTJ version i downloaded or do i have to download it seperatly.
    if yes, where can i find it?

EDIT:

peaple read but dont answer.
    if anybody has an idea how i can solve that problem tell me plz... (since Rammstein wrote that the campaign is running stable and there are no crashes anymore i feel a bit "verarscht"...)
    Last edited by simple; July 12, 2007 at 10:49 AM.

Default Re: Crash in 1103

i give up.

Road to Jerusalem is not playable for me.

see ya in a year or something.

crashes can happen randomly, caused by a glitche the AI might have made etc, its really hard to know. however if some o these glitches happen at events then you can avoid this by no having any events. you can remove them yourself or set the year values to 0.01, there for its 100 turns per year (but character still age the same. therefore, no crashes, but you might not get gunpowder either. unless you remove the requirement from units.

when i had a fixed crash i figured out who caused it by checking whos turn irt was crashing on. for example egypt. therefore i used a money cheat to buy all egypts land... ok i wiped out a faction, but the crash didnt happen.

Im ctd in same year also. playing as england, sicily and france.

the reason i stopped playing rtj now is that i reinstalled everything (and i did correctly) i couldnt even start the game because it crashed (it was said the hotfix would fix that... well it didnt).

in rtj 2.0 there maybe was that crash in 1200 or somewhere there, but i never had any other crashes...

ok, this is a beta so you cant realy complain but still i dont want to play a non working game.
    also rammstein said he cant mod anymore for some time... so i think i will have to wait.

I am crashing in same year, playing as Scots - it is happening during Spanish (leon a castilia whatever) part of turn. Isnt there any certain script initiated in this year?

12:25:03.905 [system.io] [warning] open: data/terrain/aerial_map/water.tga.dds is missing
    12:25:03.952 [system.io] [warning] open: data/terrain/aerial_map/tile_models/alpha_pages/mountain_mask.tga.dds is missing
    12:25:03.999 [system.io] [warning] open: data/terrain/aerial_map/tree_models/textures/conifer_01.TGA.dds is missing
    12:25:03.999 [system.io] [warning] open: data/terrain/aerial_map/tree_models/textures/conifer_winter.TGA.dds is missing
    12:25:04.046 [system.io] [warning] open: roadtojerusalem/data/world/maps/base/water_surface.tga.dds is missing
    12:25:45.001 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Last edited by lahvan; July 22, 2007 at 05:38 AM.

Please help...I installed RTJ 3.0 beta 2 (updated). I play the Holy Roman Empire but in the early 12th century the campaign alway crashes: no chance to get over these years! I´m quite frustrated because I tried several installations/ campaigns - I love this Mod because of the bigger variety of helbardiers and would really like to continue the game.Does anybody know a solution???

Rammstein's Avatar Templar Knight

I know of this problem thats why I stopped the 3.0 beta 2. I know of thsi problem since April 2007 and couldnt fix it fully. I think it has something to do with BBB 2.0 mod which I included. RTJ 4.0 wont have any mods that can bring these crashes.
    The Problem cant be fixed after starting a campain, I think its a trait some charakter gets on the map that the game doesnt understand and gives a crash.
    Sorry for any problems caused.

Thank you for answering my question so fast. I am looking forward to RTJ 4.0 The great variety of units of your Mod is fantastic, especially the dismounted knights and the different types of halberdiers!

Rammstein's Avatar Templar Knight

I just read that another mod experinced simular crashes, a fix could be to save the game under another name just before the round ends. Exit the game. load the new savegame and try to play it again.
    Let me know if this idea was helpful.

for 3.0 it crashes in beta it is a glich that the modders have noticed and fixed

Not To Us O Lord Not To Us But To Your Name Give Glory- templar battle cry

I have the same problem over and over again with this mod. I hit end turn at year 1115 and it cycles through the other factions. every time it hits the almoravids, it crashes me out to my desktop screen. This has happened every t ime i play. If anybody knows how to fix this in any way please let me know. Is there a different mod maybe that has similar features i.e. more territories, titles, family lines, like RTJ? i just want to finally finish a campaign. it sucks not being able to finish something you start.