Page 12 of 160 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021223762112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007-08 NFL Discussion

Default Re: The Colts will be unstoppable in 08'

Quote Originally Posted by David Deas View Post
    What are you guys made at Grossman for? Not living up to his awesome potential?
    Grossman was the Colt's MVP.

NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

1. Who was the QB for the Lombardi Packers? Bart Star
    2. Who is Gale Sayers and why is the second best ever? He was a Bears RB who was known for his exceptional speed, I don't know why he is considered the second best.
    3. Who is the first LT? A LB, some argue the best ever, who played for the Giants.
    4. Why don't you just admit that you know nothing about the NFL? I know a lot actually. It took awhile to answer you're question, as I was suspended for three days.

EDIT: I see Justinian beat me too it. Well, feel free to give me another one if you like. I think the 06' Colts have to be mentioned as one of the best ever, just for the level of talent on that team. If Michael Turner hadn't run in that clinching TD the Colt's may have went undefeated that season, and every team they beat they blew out.

Also, Reggie Bush is like a poor man's Marshall Faulk, if I can compare him to anybody. Sure, he can't run the ball nearly as well, but he and Marshall are both exceptional receivers. Reggie fits in perfectly in todays NFL because there is no need for a workhorse back, two back systems are the norm, and Duece is obviously the Saints RB, the guy who will actually be running the ball. But Reggie is up there as one of the most dangerous guys in a screen play. \

Tarik Glenn retired . He was a good football player, luckily the Colt's traded up in the draft to get a LT, Tony Ugoh or something like that. I am not as worried as I would be, Polian knows talent when he sees it.

@ Da Bears fan: Grossman is sad right now, but he did have some excellent games this year, I wouldn't be as worried. Grossman shows signs of a good QB, one of which is to not get down after turning the ball over. They always say a good QB must have a short memory. What Rex needs to realise is that the Bears don't need to score 30 a game, he needs to just manage the game, and stop taking so many chances downfield. I am not saying that he should stop throwing the long ball period, as he has quite a penchant for throwing them, but stop forcing the ball 50 yards downfield into double coverag.
    Last edited by NaptownKnight; July 26, 2007 at 04:24 PM.

Default Re: Naptown's Pre Season NFL Picks

Quote Originally Posted by Gary88 View Post
    naptowns picks have angered the Gods, he has been thusly removed. i assume its a bit like when prometheus gave fire to the people.
    I'm baaaack!

@ MadBurgerMaker: The AFC South is a very tough division, and the Texans are not a good enough team to win more than one or two games against divisional opponents. To answer you're question, I did kind of randomly pick their number of wins, it's not a team I know so well, and I really do not think Schaub is that much of an improvement over Car. I give them a few more years untill they are in the Wild Card picture.

I'll name some of the best teams ever and everybody knows they're definitely thousand times better than the 06 Colts

72 73 Dolphin's (which undefeated?)
    74 75 78 79 Steelers they all had an iron curtain D with an offense that is better than the Colt's
    81 84 88 89 94 49ers Number of QB coaches during the era who became head coaches later?
    01 03 04 Patriots (look at the number of rings)
    85 Bears (the best D ever?) synonym for unstoppable

The Lombardi Packers (name the dream play for any guard)
    Name the best Inspirational Head Coach
    Name the smartest Head Coach
    Name the best, most balanced Head Coach
    Youngest Head Coach to win a superbowl

I would put the 06 Colts around 25-30th

you must be insane to think 06 Colts are even close to top 10

you think all rookies that are in the Colt's camp are so talented its ridiculous
    How many veterans do the Colts need to lose to make you think they are in trouble?

Nobody's offense was better than the Colt's. You are probably basing this off of talent, as those Steelers weren't even comparable to the Colt's in stats, and the
    Colts O had more talent in 06' than any team ever.

STOP LOOKING ONLY AT THE STATS
    [flame removed]
    the most talented ever???
    So Lynn, Stallworth, Harris wasn't as good as Harrison, Wayne and Addai?
    all of the Steelers are hall of famers

did you ever see Lynn play? he was no doubt second best only to Rice
    and don't even say Harrison is better than Rice because that is some ridiculous ****

I'm basing off talent and Colts have more talent? wtf?

and you said the best team ever
    i case you haven't noticed there are actually a defensive squad in a football team
    Iron curtain is probably second only to 85 Bears and Colts D is nothing compared to them

your saying the Colt's O had more talent than any other team? so one offense is better than the whole Patriot's squad?

Craig Davis, Montana, and Rice is soooooo much better than the Colts ever were
    [flame removed]

btw answer by questions if you can
    Last edited by Ragabash; July 26, 2007 at 11:34 PM.

Your responses are that they are all HoFers, but the Colts are a current team, who knows whether the guys we are discussing will be in the HoF or not? Peyton Manning, Marvin Harrison, and Adam Viniateri are locks, and Reggie Wayne, Edge, and Addai are maybes. If Bob Sanders can stay healthy I believe he has the potential to be a HoFer, but that's a big if, and Freeney is probably a good bet to get into Canton. Denying that the Colts offense is not the best ever is kind of dumb, I mean they have set almost every single offensive record there is over the past few seasons, including the most important stat, most PPG. IN a 16 game season at that, while I believe the Steelers were only playing 14, so it is easier to maintain their average. I am sorry but when discussing offenses as a whole stats mean everything.

Default Re: General NFL Discussion

Lost info as you all can tell, so rewrite your flaming of Naptown

Quote Originally Posted by NaptownKnight View Post
    Lost info as you all can tell, so rewrite your flaming of Naptown
    Hm...what were we talking about?

Reggie Bush is a WR at this point in time. A bunch of those teams aren't using two back systems. The Colts are starting a 2nd round rookie at LT, and somehow this doesn't worry Naptown.

That's pretty much it, I think. Two pages or so summed up in a single, extremely short post.
    Last edited by MadBurgerMaker; July 30, 2007 at 03:57 AM.
    (Patron of Lord Rahl)

Though he happens to be a very, very good WR. Was watching an NFL Replay of the NFC Championship.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian View Post
    Though he happens to be a very, very good WR. Was watching an NFL Replay of the NFC Championship.
    Possibly, but it's difficult to tell right now, since they were also trying to get him to be an RB. Colston WR#1, Bush WR#2, McAllister at RB, Brees at QB. Bush is actually about the right size to be a full time WR anyway, and they can always throw screens his way, motion him into the backfield to screw up matchups every once in a while, etc. I just wonder how he would do against a DB full time though...guys that are just as fast as he is, etc.
    Last edited by MadBurgerMaker; July 30, 2007 at 02:38 PM.
    (Patron of Lord Rahl)

They should start throwing screens to McAllister and using Bush to rush. It'll throw defenses off and maybe then Bush can be a good RB, but I guess when NO drafted him they knew they were going to use him as a receiver out of the backfield and keep McAllister as the real back.

ShangTang's Avatar Domesticus

Once Bush gets used to how NFL defenses work I'm sure he'll improved significantly.

"AVDENTES FORTVNA JUVAT"

All I know is that one of the reasons Bush has so much success as a receiver is because a LB is guarding him when he comes out of the backfield. There are few LBs fast enough to keep up with Bush (The Colts-Saints opener will be interesting because the Colts LBs are all fast and could probably cover Reggie better than anyone else)

Are all of you going to be in the football fantasy league sponsored by TWC?

Quote Originally Posted by NaptownKnight View Post
    All I know is that one of the reasons Bush has so much success as a receiver is because a LB is guarding him when he comes out of the backfield. There are few LBs fast enough to keep up with Bush (The Colts-Saints opener will be interesting because the Colts LBs are all fast and could probably cover Reggie better than anyone else)
    The Saints will beat the Colts. And later on, they'll do it again in the Super Bowl.

JP226's Avatar Dux Limitis

The Saints will beat the Colts. And later on, they'll do it again in the Super Bowl.
    the superbowl this year will be the saints and the Pats. Saints got an easy schedule and the Pats just have yet another beast of a team and their schedule isn't awful either.

I just hope my bucs can hold their ground against the Saints this year.
    Sure I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is Im not. I honestly feel that America is the best country and all other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Once Bush gets used to how NFL defenses work I'm sure he'll improved significantly.
    Did you guys watch the same Reggie I did last year? 1st half of the season not so good. But the second half he was all star material both as a wide out and a RB.

Situation G Rush Yds Y/G Avg TD Rec Yds Y/G Avg Lng YAC 1stD TD Fum FumL
    Games 1-8 8 81 207 25.9 2.6 0 46 312 39.0 6.8 32 6.6 15 0 1 1
    Games 9-16 8 74 358 44.8 4.8 6 42 430 53.8 10.2 74 9.9 17 2 1 1
    I have nothing against the womens movement. Especially when Im walking behind it.

JP226's Avatar Dux Limitis

Carnell Williams had a better rookie year then Bush did. ANd he was a 5th pick.
    Sure I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is Im not. I honestly feel that America is the best country and all other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian View Post

You and Jp both make me laugh. I'm dying right now. First off, the Saints are a poor man's Colts, they can't compete with the real thing. Second of all, the Saints are feather soft, good luck getting to the championship with a

Defense