Thread: [RTR AAR] Lucius the Philosopher

Default [RTR AAR] Lucius the Philosopher

I wanted to share with you all, the short tale of one of my greatest generals:

I was playing RTR Platinum 1.9 (short victory conditions), with my own name pack (Ups my chances of getting a "Corvus" in the family, then I switch it out for the originals and add in the name of whoever I got).

The life of Lucius Fabius Corvus, the Philosopher

In the year 280BC, the Roman Republic was tiny, occupying a small portion of the Italian Peninsula. The ruling families of the Republic were consolidating their power, and stuggling to bring all of Latium under their control. In addition to all this, strategic marriages were arranged to gain political advantages. Among these, one of the daughters of the Republic, by name of Fadia, was bethrothed at the tender age of just 13 summers. Though the marriage was arranged, she did not fret, as she was a good Roman girl, Healthy and Moral, and this man was an exceptional figure. Handsome, Intelligent, and full of Vitality. With much anticipation, the vows were exchanged, and Lucius Fabius Corvus was welcomed into the Ruling class of the Republic.

As his first task, the Senate assigned Lucius the dubious honor of leading the Roman army against the mighty Pyrhus in the south, and bringing the Italian peninsula under the Republic's control. Though many doubted that such an undertaking could be accomplished by such a young man, Lucius was determined to prove his naysayers wrong. In a brilliant campaign that was completed sooner than any could have imagined, Lucius kicked the greeks out of Latium, and continued on to Sicily, where he won more heroic victories against the greeks and the Carthaginians.

Having secured Sicily, Lucius embarked upon a campaign to establish the Republic's superiority of the seas, bringing Sardinia, Crete, Salamis, and the Baelaric isles under Rome's control. After swift victory on the seas, Lucius resolved to bring Greece to it's knees. Ammassing a sizable force, he invaded the Greek mainland, quickly taking control of the mighty city-state of Sparta in a siege made short by the actions of Lucius' agents within the city.

Like a storm, Lucius defeated Greek, Macedonian, and Illyrian armies, who folded like paper before his might. It is at this time, that the current dictator of the Republic passed on the join his ancestors. After a victorious campaign which saw the end of three of Rome's enemies, there were none who would dispute Lucius' claim to be named dictator.

After spending a short while reinforcing his greek garrisons, Lucius returned to Italy, in governorship of Capua. Here he oversaw the wholesale reorganisation of the Roman army, with the aid of Gaius Marius. The legions were now a full-time, professional fighting force. Within the governor's palace in Capua, Lucius devised a plan to unleash the new legions upon Gual, led by none other than his own sons, of which he had 3. In fact, by the time of his death, Lucius would have a sizable family.

Under Lucius' close supervision, and the leadership of his exceptional progeny, the Guals were brought to their knees. The heroic victories of Lucius' sons would not go unnoticed by the people, and all celebrated this great victory which Lucius' line had brought to the Republic. Under Lucius' leadership, the Republic had grown from it's humble beginnings into a vast empire, still growing by the day. The Republic extended it's influence throughout Gual, Greece, and well into the untamed lands of the north.

An era of peace then settled in for Lucius' remaining years. Always learning, and aways seeking to better himself, Lucius spent his twilight hours reading scrolls of philosophy, and taught his sons and grandchildren the ways of good Romans. One warm summer night, Lucius hugged his grandchildren before he layed beside his wife Fadia. He kissed her upon the forehead, and drifted off to join his ancestors.

Forty days of mourning were had to commemorate his life, and during this time, many bulls were sacrificed as offerings to ensure his safe passage into the afterlife. Forever would Lucius the Philosopher be known as one of the finest Romans the Republic had ever called her own.

In Glorious Memory....

Default Re: Lucius the Philosopher

nice story. you should make an AAR about him
    To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

Umm...That was the AAR

I don't get much time to play and write AAR's anymore. It took well over 3 months to live out his 69 years. (Well actually 44).

Great story! But he wasn't a full stary general though. But I must say that he had other qualities as well! Having almost every ability maxed is something unusual!

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Håb

Since it's an AAR. I'll move it to the subforum!
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Domitius View Post
    Great story! But he wasn't a full stary general though. But I must say that he had other qualities as well! Having almost every ability maxed is something unusual!
    I fought god knows how may battles with this guy and I just couldn't get that 10th star.

He was a good attacker and good defender though, so when it came down to "crunch time" he actually had the 10 stars.

bomberboy's Avatar Domesticus

He truly is a great roman and man. No negative traits or retuines.
    Check out my Music reviews here now!
    Bomberboy's reviews
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=175306

Quote Originally Posted by unfortunate crow View Post
    Umm...That was the AAR

I don't get much time to play and write AAR's anymore. It took well over 3 months to live out his 69 years. (Well actually 44).
    no, i mean about his glorious battles lol
    To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by unfortunate crow View Post
    I fought god knows how may battles with this guy and I just couldn't get that 10th star.

He was a good attacker and good defender though, so when it came down to "crunch time" he actually had the 10 stars.

Yeah he is heroic defender and attacker and siege expert, actually he always had ten stars, he would had more if that is enabled.

Leonidas
    "Hoti to kratisto" - Alexander of Macedon

Nice general, you always get one once in a while you can never bear to let go, dont you... lol

That guy probably had about 15 command stars in battle, thanks to all his traits, thinking about it. I've never had anyone who maxes out management AND command, though, they've never waked hand-in-hand for me.

This has got to be the greastest general ever. Just to get that 10th command star you could have given him a positive command retinue from another general.
    "... and those people, being naughty in my eyes, shall snuff it... "