Thread: Sinuhet's Battle Mechanics v3.0

Sinuhet's Avatar Preparing for death

Default Sinuhet's Battle Mechanics v3.0

Sinuhet's Battle Mechanics

Version 3.0 - Creation Date: July 10, 2007, Release Date: July 10, 2007

Download:

SBM_3_0.zip file in TWC Download Section

This original project is not an open source, it is a freeware - you can use freely all files included as you want for your personal use only, any other than official releasing in public of this mod or any part of it, which is originally developed by me (and it doesnt matter if further unmodified or modified) is possible only after my written permission.

This mod is registered in TWC Database of TW Modifications.

Description and Using Medieval Total War 2: "Sinuhet's Battle Mechanics"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This mod is a modification of the 4 original files from MTW2:
    "descr_formations_ai.txt", "config_ai_batle.xml", "descr_formations.txt" and "descr_battle_map_movement_modifiers.txt", and also reformatted "battle_config.xml" file is included.
    These files defines the way the AI creates group formations of units in the battles, some features of the battle AI, Human Player formations and speed of units in respective types of terrain. They were expanded and tweaked for a bit more challenging AI and more variety of the AI behaviour during the battles. Don't be afraid of any irreversible damages of your game installation by implementing of this mod - you can simply remove it at any moment by copy/paste of your original archived files.

This version has been developed and thoroughly tested on the MTW2 1.2 platform (official patch 1.2), but it should be fully functional with leaked MTW2 1.2 pre-patch too eventually.

This mod should be fully save game friendly, but nothing is never 100%, so use only the archived games to be sure you dont lost any information.

The key features:
    -----------------
    - modified the original "Triple line" AI formation template by CA - (compared to version 2.0 of this mod) it is now used again in the defence only like in version 1.0, and the main attack formation is the newly developed one called "Open_battle". I have rearranged this formation a bit in this version, to be more like in vanilla ...
    - included and partially modified almost all my "RTW formations" for open battles, siege and bridge battles and small formations where applicable (i.e. without "pursue" ones) from version 7.0 of my RTW AI formations project. By this way I am introducing also on the MTW2 platform the AI formations of the 3rd generation (i.e. the ones which dont change only placements of units for respective factions, but they are changing the functionality of the units and the whole battle dynamics (as for the theory to this look at the respective threads to the RTW project in TW centre forum).
    - redefined also several "formation independent" settings "config_ai_batle.xml", which create overly more aggressive AI behaviour during battles. It was very difficult to find out only the several ones from the huge number of all possible combinations of parameters, the results are relatively optimal, but I dont state that still better settings of these or some others parameters in this file doesnt exist, they are still more enhanced compared to the version 1.0 of this mod ...
    - included also new HP formations based on the ones, which I have developed already for MTW2 Demo - in fact it was the first modification for MTW2 platform ever released and it was released still before the full game official release. In this newer version I have implemented two complex formations on the position 5 and 6 (two universal ones, the 1st is based on the CAs original triple line form the AI formations, the 2nd one is in fact my own Universal Attack formations from Open battle section of the AI formations ...)
    - redefined the movement modifiers, another thing, which was developed for MTW2 Demo already - it is not something hugely original, but it is creating more variety compared to MTW2 vanilla, similarly to various RTW mods

----------------------------------------------
    Installation Instructions:
    1. Copy all 5 files from SBM 3.0/data folder to <root folder of your MTW2>/data,
    or alternatively to the "your mod"/Data/ subfolder.
    2. If you dont use them included in "your mod", you need to install these 5 files via "file_first" option in cfg file or via -mod mymod switch or ShellShocks MedManager - it is all possible and should be fully functional, but I personally
    prefer the "hexediting" of the data pack (you can do it also for convenience via MedBattleSelector program by ShellShock) because of the theoretically best performance .... Feel free to install it in your preferred way ...
    3. You can freely combine this mod with parts of the Battle mechanics by other authors - if you use only the files, which are not included in this my mod, you could obtain very interesting combo without any lost of the functionality of my project .... You can combine it with the parts of the same files too for your personal usage, but be careful in this, because you must know exactly what you are doing. The game is very sensitive on these files, and you could create hidden CTDs by this way. Again, you can do this, but you must know exactly what is the respective part of the code for ...

------------------------------------------------------------
    The Most Important Changes\ Update Log of previous versions:
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    12/16/2006, version 1.0 - original version
    7/6/2007, version 2.0, for MTW2 with patch 1.2 only
    7/10/2007, version 3.0, merged the main principle of the version 1.0 (mutually independent formations for attack and defence) and functionality in defence of the version 2.0 (via a lot of my own formations migrated from RTW platform)

Known limitations:
    Naturally, this mod is incompatible with other mods of the "descr_formations_ai.txt", "config_ai_batle.xml", "battle_config.xml",
    "descr_formations.txt" and "descr_battle_map_movement_modifiers.txt" files or mods, which have these mods incorporated. Otherwise no incompatibility issues are known in this stage of the development. However, it has not been systematically tested with all available mods for MTW2 1.2.

----------------------------------------
    Last edited by Sinuhet; July 09, 2007 at 06:53 PM.
    My TW games "Battle Formations" projects:
    Sinuhet's ETW Formations v2.0 – for ETW
    Sinuhet's Battle Mechanics v5.0 – for MTW2
    Sinuhet's Battle Mechanics v3.0 – for MTW2
    Sinuhet's AI Battle Formations v7.0 – for RTW 1.5

In Patrocinivm Svb HorseArcher