Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: .50cal machine gun vs. Katana

Seijitai's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: .50cal machine gun vs. Katana

Lol

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

So this...is where the strenght of the Katana fails...

They even laugh after shooting such a beautiful weapon to pieces

Oh well at least some of the bullets shattered with it
    Last edited by Wundai; July 10, 2007 at 05:59 AM.

it cut some of the bullets in half. You'll see it when the bullet strikes the blade there is a flash or shimmer when the bullet comes apart. Really does show the strength of the blade.

Seijitai's Avatar Biarchus

Yep, especially facing a .50 !

If it took a .50 to shread that blade u can hold ur head high my friends .. lol

Don't hold your heads too high. I know the strength of a well made katana, but do you realize how hot that bullet must be. It would splinter on impact of a human body not to mention an edged piece of steel.
    The enemy of my enemy dies next.
    GLADIO VIVERE SPONDENTES IN QVISQVAM NISI NEX GLADIO NON DESINABIMVS
    There are no rights, only privleges. How do you earn yours?

Wild Bill Kelso's Avatar Protist Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by Vyktrius View Post
    Don't hold your heads too high. I know the strength of a well made katana, but do you realize how hot that bullet must be. It would splinter on impact of a human body not to mention an edged piece of steel.
    Is your only purpose in this sub-forum to pop our Samurai-loving Bubbles? Do you have proof to back up your claim of a .50 bullet splintering on impact with a human body?
    Still here since December 2002
    At sometime I patronized all these old bums:Necrobrit, Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion,Kagemusha, and adopted these bums: Battle Knight, Obi Wan Asterixand Muizer

im sorry to burst your bubles guys but a .50 cal can do alot of damage to vehicles go through bulet proof vests and mess up ur hole house.. and your car and a plane.. even a katana,i know i work with guns how ever i never tried to shoot a katana but i seen what the .50 can do in person.. it causes alot of messes lets leave it at that.

i had and have no doupt in my mind the .50 can totally mess up a katana heck id bet u my wallet.. hrem(with no cards or cash in it) lol that even a voley of nato 7.62 put in a c6 machinegun couled mess up the katana aswell them things take down helicopters and vehicles and houses thats what theyr made for to make a cone of flying bulets and grail an erea of bulets
    Last edited by Dermeister; July 12, 2007 at 01:18 PM.

I shot a few +- 200 rounds with a .50 at a target 200 meter away from me (it was an abandod car ) and when i checked in there was not much left of that car.
    By the way .It is normally forbidden to shoot with a .50 on humans
    (conventions of Geneve)
    Vlaanderen de leeuw

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

lol really? forbidden, I had no idea

Quote Originally Posted by Petavian Belgae View Post
    I shot a few +- 200 rounds with a .50 at a target 200 meter away from me (it was an abandod car ) and when i checked in there was not much left of that car.
    By the way .It is normally forbidden to shoot with a .50 on humans
    (conventions of Geneve)

with the geneve convention u cant shoot people they are war exeptions though but im not getting into those.. buta .50 cal does alot of damage to cars, houses ect imagen a human...altho not as much as the 25mm on my lav 25 coyote lol we use the coax 7.62 for people
    Last edited by Dermeister; July 15, 2007 at 03:26 PM.

Semisalis

Ahhh, what a waste of a precious weapon.
    I hate guns, because you can kill someone by range without fighting him.
    Thats not the warriors weapon.

If the Ottoman never used guns, we the arab empire will still live.

Dying with a sword is honor, Dying with a gun is child.

Even some of the bullets were shatered.
    Last edited by Emperor; July 16, 2007 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    Ahhh, what a waste of a precious weapon.
    I hate guns, because you can kill someone by range without fighting him.
    Thats not the warriors weapon.

If the Ottoman never used guns, we the arab empire will still live.

Dying with a sword is honor, Dying with a gun is child.

Even some of the bullets were shatered.
    Are you saying bow, prominent and more important weapon than sword for early Samurai, isn't warriors weapon!?

sorry to bust ur bubles but welcoem to 2007 lol were the only place ul find a sword well i nthe canadian army is on a parade square and its not even a katana lol then if u liek blade we do have a bayonette >_>

That is it
    The most simple peasant can kill a samurai with a rifle.
    Shun stu ???
    Vlaanderen de leeuw

i dunno but as soldiers were not simple pesents thats the civilians thenyou have the reserves wich is the millitia then us the professional soldiers then the officers... then the polititians i dont know how it works in japan but its probebly similar. times have changed dont get me rong though i love the katana and if i were to have lived back in medival times id of wanted to be a samurai..... but in our days the samurai wouled get OWNED unless they straped on a bullet/frag vest with some camo and face paint and strap a katana beside theyr camel back and carryed a hand gun and a rifle trust me i tought about it often LOL i evne own a katana i dressed up in my army gear and straped the katana to my back it looked cool LOL! practical.. hummm i dunno
    Last edited by Dermeister; July 17, 2007 at 08:27 PM.

[FLAME REMOVED],Aie ;Eng Armoured?

Avoid this kind of comments please - Seijitai
    Last edited by Seijitai; July 18, 2007 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Flame removed
    Vlaanderen de leeuw

Wild Bill Kelso's Avatar Protist Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by Dermeister View Post
    i dunno but as soldiers were not simple pesents thats the civilians thenyou have the reserves wich is the millitia then us the professional soldiers then the officers...
    There is a large difference between a soldier (today) and a warrior(i.e. feudal knight or samurai). Individually, the warrior is more skillful, but this kind of training doesn't work with today's modern weapons. Dermeister, where exactly are you stationed out of? Have you seen any action in Afghansitan yet? My prayers go out every day for our fighting men and women.
    Still here since December 2002
    At sometime I patronized all these old bums:Necrobrit, Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion,Kagemusha, and adopted these bums: Battle Knight, Obi Wan Asterixand Muizer

Thank you im stationed in petawawa ontario with the royal canadian dragoons its a armoured unit. thanks for the prayers and im headin in afghanistan shortly wich is why im burning and hoping they finish this mod b4 i go so i get to play it. right now tho im at home in vacations.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast