Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DLV

Default Re: DLV

Yep, all recieved, will try and intergrate before 4.0 so can test. Plan on sticking 4.0 in seperate directory anyway, done to much work on 3.2 to loose. Must write myself a mod update plan this time.

+rep

P014K's Avatar Semisalis

I am not too "technically" oriented when it comes to the modding scene, I have SS installed (stand alone) and DLV 3.1_enc02, I have opened up some text files and get the general idea of the code, but I really like the aspect of DLV mensioned in this thread. These "files" that you speak of, are they just several txt files that have been edited or a install? Or is it more complicated? Either way, could I get those files also? THX

~P014K, Member of S.I.N., +rep please

If you have DLV, try looking at the ancillaries and traits files. These will be different to the SS versions, to merge the two you will need to copy the triggers across and then find the relevant tga files for the pictures.

After I have done it myself with this version, will be able to advise more.

Hello Stainless Steel folk!

Tokus DEUS LO VULT artwork...

Thanks for honouring the work of Repman, DerDrakken and myself by your open desire to embellish your popular mod with colourful Tokus DLVelopments. It is always hard to turn folk down when they are polite but I've been with team DLV since the first day M2TW came out and really like playing, modding and working on it. As FirstONeill stated, it's okay to use my art for your personal game only - but NO publishing any of it in another mod unless you've traded something solid with DLV Modfather Repman.

Good luck with your popular mod, together we'll keep the players in thrall (and a little more fearful of the AI methinks!)

Hope this finds you all well,

Tokus*Maximus

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

maybe we need to put our heads togather and see what we could other the nice folks at DLV, it would be great to get some cross merging between two of the most powerful modder factions. Im looking at all my personal tweaks and looking at what I could hobble togather,

worth a collective thought, Repman, Tokus, Zappa et al, produce some awesome, work imagine if we could unlock that for the SS community

cheers
    Jason

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Heya Tokus

Just a quickie to say your collective works over there are absolutely brilliant Whilst not all of it is my cup of tea, one can only admire the work and effort y'all have put in

Cheers

Shaeff
    30 Mis-spellings of Shaeffer and counting!

i know, DLV's specialty is their beautiful traits and ancillary system, there are some little flaws, the factions are more or less cloned, and the BigMap laggs really bad even with the lowest graphic settings. I know it's historic and all, kings banner have done it as well, they turned the byzantium banner uglier actually.

+rep for me if you agree with me , i might give it right back to you

I agree im not keen on the overly slow pace that the money script forces, and that compared to SS, it is not as much 'fun'. I love the templars so SS is going to win over everytime.

But I do like the RPG element that the career mods and the anc's add, you really get very involved with the development of each of your generals, as they gain rank from squire thrru to knight commander, also the legendary swords are a nice anc' set too.

Both Mods are fines pieces of work, each with a very different slant on gameplay

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone

then again, if DLV's ancillary and traits can come together with SS, then, wow, i don't know what to say. That is a description beyond masterpiece

P014K's Avatar Semisalis

Exactly, someone should make a minimod for SS with these DLV edits.

Quote Originally Posted by P014K View Post
    Exactly, someone should make a minimod for SS with these DLV edits.
    See Tokus' post as to why that won't happen

P014K's Avatar Semisalis

Yes, I saw, and am upset. I understand why, but I would still like to see it done.

@PO14K:
    it can be done quite easilyy, I have had it running for a week and it is great,

just copy the sections you want from export_anc' and export_anc_eumns, and the desc_anc file in the text folder, along with the IU graphics from the anc' folder.

If you want the advice or files let me know or PM me

cheers
    Jason

+rep first oneal, thank you very much
    Last edited by Mike13531; July 12, 2007 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaeffer View Post
    See Tokus' post as to why that won't happen
    It "won't happen" because core elements of any mod be they SS, LR, BC, DLV makes them unique. Creators would be daft to hand out hard work without care. However, you can use Tokus art from DLV for your own amusement if you're prepared to do home edition mod. But no releases publicly.

BTW - DLV 3.2 has just been released by Repman. It's got a shed load of new graphics and a broad range of new DLV mini-mods added to the build.

All the best,

Tokus*Maximus

Oh I agree fully Tokus Certainly no offence meant!

Variety is the spice of life

PS: Your link iny our sig is still pointing to the graveyarded 3.1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by shaeffer View Post
    Oh I agree fully Tokus Certainly no offence meant!

Variety is the spice of life

PS: Your link iny our sig is still pointing to the graveyarded 3.1 thread
    OMG you're right Chief! I'll sort that signature out right away. Thank you Shaeffer + rep for you good Sir. I nearly died of embarrassment, I'm mortified! LOL!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12