Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DLV

Default DLV

Now I have never played this mod as did not like the big map and turn times, but it does look like it has some good features.

Heraldic Rank System: Available for European Factions (Squire-Knight-Knight Banneret-Knight Commander- Knight Grand Cross) and expanded to now include Byzantine, Moors, Egyptian and Turkish factions. Byzantine and Islamic factions have unique rank names.

Career Decision: Governor or General : thanks to Zappa
    What this sub-mod does is it will force the player to choose a career path for each of his family- members. The paths are either General or Governor. The idea behind this mod is that there is only so much time to raise a child into a certain career. You cannot have him squire a knight on campaigns and have him apprentice a governor at the same time during his childhood.

(I know there is something similar in BBB)

Legendary Swords
    Twenty new legendary sword ancillaries for your generals to wield including Mohammed's swords Al- Battar "the Beater", Dhu'l Fakar "the Trenchant", Halef "the Deadly", and Medham "the Keen"; El Cid's swords Colada and Tizona; and Charlemagne's Joyeuse. Swords can be taken from enemy generals defeated in battle or inherited from a father that has shuffled off this mortal coil. One restriction, a general can only possess one legendary sword at a time. More role playing goodness than ever before.

DLV AI Garrisons
    All settlements now raise garrisons for their defense when besieged, depending on the faction owner. Garrisons are raised only on AI side if they are attacked by another AI or by the player. No Garrison if the player is sieged !!

Historical and Dynamic Game Events
    We've created new historic events and new event graphics by Tokus*Maximus

- dynamic economic events in random steps for : markets, roads, ports, mines with positive\negative effects on income

So my question: Has anyone worked any of this into SS. If not, does anyone have the specific files required, so I can have a look and try it out.

Thanks.

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Default Re: DLV

Hi there
    I have intergrated some of it into SS successfully, works really well, really adds an extra RPG element. Zapper has auth'ed the release of his career mode, Ive not asked tokus and co about there parts. I havent included the money script or DLV AI Garrisons, or the Historical and Dynamic Game Events (they would all have to be redated as DLV starts in 1150 if I remember correctly) . DLV is great but the money script makes it a little too slow to delelop a faction, and the big map is too much IMO

I have the swords and royal banners working correctly, and the zappa governeror,/general carrer mod, and the Heraldic Rank System: (which is great) also added some traits from Byg's Grim Reality

I can send the files, but dont think I can post them here without all the permissions
    let me know if you want a look at them. they are part of a minor factions mini mod Ive made for ss, makes the mongols, aztecs, and timurids playable, along with england, HRE, Templar and some others. IM currectly testing it but seems really stable, no CTDs at all, even with the new units
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; July 08, 2007 at 05:43 PM.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Definately send. I did not really want to download the whole thing and strip. Also having never played, was not sure how much they added to the fun factor, but the descriptions looked good.

Ive intergrated stuff before, so the only issue should be if they are settlement dependent.

Much appreciated.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

I like the idea of being able to decide if a family member is going to be a general or a governor. The fact that family members get so many negative traits when they are governors for a long time is really annoying.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Chola_Kingdom's Avatar Senator

in that mod i really liked the Heraldic Rank System:,Career Decision: Governor or General,Legendary Swords but sorry to say i didn not like other stuffs . if the authors give permission to use these 3 scripts that would be wonder full.

Fan of True Mods for the MTWII :[Stainless steel, Broken Crecent]
    Stainless steel compatible Cinema editorial : Guide
    Viscount In TWC

CenturiO-LuciuS-VorenuS's Avatar Civis
    Germany, Kaiserslautern, Rheinland-Pfalz near by a small proportion of the Limes

Icon7 Re: DLV

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post
    Hi there
    I have intergrated some of it into SS successfully, works really well, really adds an extra RPG element. Zapper has auth'ed the release of his career mode, Ive not asked tokus and co about there parts. I havent included the money script or DLV AI Garrisons, or the Historical and Dynamic Game Events (they would all have to be redated as DLV starts in 1150 if I remember correctly) . DLV is great but the money script makes it a little too slow to delelop a faction, and the big map is too much IMO

I have the swords and royal banners working correctly, and the zappa governeror,/general carrer mod, and the Heraldic Rank System: (which is great) also added some traits from Byg's Grim Reality

I can send the files, but dont think I can post them here without all the permissions
    let me know if you want a look at them. they are part of a minor factions mini mod Ive made for ss, makes the mongols, aztecs, and timurids playable, along with england, HRE, Templar and some others. IM currectly testing it but seems really stable, no CTDs at all, even with the new units

Hi can you send me the Files please...i like to test this,but a mix of DLV and SS ...sounds very good

Marcus Antonius> Caesar has many more legions than the Thirteenth
    Scipio>Yes, on the far side of the Alps
    Marcus Antonius> Winter does not last forever. Spring comes. Snows melt.
    Scipio>That is a threat!
    Marcus Antonius> No, I assure you, that is no threat. Snows always melt.

This seems really interesting! I recommend put it into suggestions as KK could possibly implement some of this stuff to SS mod. Or at least make such things on his own as he sees fit to SS.

I also find most interesting the career option. Even in SS I do not use generals as governors, because they easily pick up bad traits (for low taxes, for too much money in coffers etc.). Maybe this modification improves the experience of governing provinces? At least decreasing probability of picking up bad traits and giving such general a bonuses or so.

Anyways I'd really appreciate KK implementing this to SS.

M3rcury15's Avatar Libertus

I don't think KK would want to put these in his mod because I think he has his own dreams about his mod but I hope there will be a player who creates some of DLV stuff to SS and posts here. The most important thing is to ask DLV's modders permission to take their scripts to SS

id be very interested in this as well. any chance u could pm me the files and instructions?

can anyone advise me on the legalities , can I post the files here, if they are just for people to check out, (the ancs, and VNVs, not entire mini mod) if I havent recieved the auths from Tokus yet

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone

I have just sent a pm to Tokus to see if he will auth release

will keep you updated,

I have send a PM to Quark and Chola also

cheers
    Guys

Jason

Hellmut34's Avatar Miles

I am very interested too. I would Love to have at being the Mongols with the SS engine.

I am sure that there shouldn't be a problem on the legal front.

A little maiming never hurt anybody

TheFirstONeill, would you please be kind enough to tick the "I will except PM messages" box.

I think the legality issue is that you must have the permission of the owners and credit must be given if you PUBLISH a mod with their code in. From a legal point of view you can do anything else you like. I think its polite to ask though, as it shows that people are interested in their hard work.

I have to work it into BBB, naval vns etc anyway, because theres lots of good ideas out there. Also changing Building tree to try and get the Ai to build better cities.

Thanks

KK, views, well obviously I don't know, but I suspect that you are right in that if he had wanted them in SS, he would have put them there. However thats why I started the thread, I don't particular want the Grim's traits, but I do want to try these, and thats the beauty of this game, you can, bugs withstanding, make this game to suit what you want.

As to the Mongols, you can play them in SS, just like in vanilla, move them into the playable section.
    Last edited by Quark; July 09, 2007 at 04:10 AM.

Quark have amended my PM settings. I have the files either as complete SS Vnv and Anc files with the additions made, or I have also made (in preparation for V4.0) text files which just contain the additional Ancs and traits (plus UI graphics) let me know whic you would like sending across.

I am currently using your RC EDU for SS, great work may I say

cheers

Chola_Kingdom's Avatar Senator

v4 of the SS have perfect events and stuffs but the heraldic system is kind of different which give you specially banner and the general,admin system which is cool and new. so i hope KK would accept this but i think it's better wait for v4 of his mod!! then will decide weather we make it or not [reason he may created already or he may have even better ones then we need permission from authors from both sides ]

Fan of True Mods for the MTWII :[Stainless steel, Broken Crecent]
    Stainless steel compatible Cinema editorial : Guide
    Viscount In TWC

Ive also put them in a add on pack so once 4.0 is out we can always just manually add then to the standard SS stuff, Ive not heard back from Tokus yet

Ive had a response from Tokus:
    "Hi Jason,

Well done on considering ZaPPPa's career mini-mod into SS.

I am sorry to say that swords and other ancillaries I've done are core DLV content. If Repman, DerDrakken and I allowed folk to use any of it freely, they'd be little unique left in our mod!

Unless you can offer Repman and I some crafty scripting or an ingenious mini-mod for DLV, I cannot see what is in it for our hard work if we simply alllow everyone who asks (and believe me they do) to enjoy the fruits of our hard work on Deus lo Vult.

The only way you can use any of my art is for your OWN personal game. Any other use in a public release is not fair to team DLV unless we can trade something useful.

Please ask Repman to see if there's anything he's interested in exchanging and we'll condsider your fair request.

Tokus*Maximus "

I can understand that after all the hard work Tokus, Repman and Co have put into DLV that they dont want the biggest plus points from their mod porting across to other work. Like he said it can be used for personal non published mods, and I m happy to help anyone who needs help on that.

And here was me thinking I was going to drag my rep off the floor with this , ah well

Cheers
    Jason

So as I understand thier reply, I can stick in my version of SS, because thats personal, but KK cannot publish in his.

Fine, I wanted to try, not publish it.

Aye to be fair I fully agree with that, in much the same way it would be a bit off if DLV suddenly incorporarted the Templars and whatnot!
    30 Mis-spellings of Shaeffer and counting!

Quark,
    did u get the files I sent you, you are still okay to use that for any personal game as long as it isnt published

cheers
    Jason
    (must be worth a rep point LOL)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast