Thread: Ultimate Danes?

nobel's Avatar Libertus

Default Ultimate Danes?

Hey. love the mod, been playin ur earlier releases for a while and just updated the other day (stopped playin MIITW)

firstly. love the job, the improvements are excellent.

however there is one thing iv noticed. i played (vh/h) with the turks, brits, castille and sicily in different campaigns but on every single one of them the Danes managed to conquer all of northern/mid europe, before 1370 :/ . me being a stickler for historical accuracy attempted to financially support HRE but to no avail.

is anyone else finding this? and is it because Scandinavia has to many settlements or what or did u bump up Denmark's troops? or is it that the HRE are just unable to support themselves.

oh and did u tone down pop growth because of the two turns per year? because my castles are taking a VERY long time to grow.
    cheers

Now, now, my good man, this is no time for making enemies.

Voltaire, when asked by a priest to renounce Satan on his deathbed.

notger's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Ultimate Danes?

It seems, that the HRE cannot cope with the tons of heavy cavalry, it starts with. Reducing the starting armies worked well for me. Now the danes conquer one or two settlements, the Reich takes it back and so on.

(BTW: Do you play SV2.0 alone or do you play with Sicilian Combat? With the latter, we also had the problems that the Danes and the Byzzies were on a conquering spree in every campaign. This is fixed in the current version that goes online later this day.)

nobel's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Ultimate Danes?

just 2.0 havnt added combat.
    and im pretty sure its SV that has the Turks starting with one region (large armies yes) but the Byz start with vg's that smash the militia that is available to the turks. Even the Armenians have far superior units to the turks for a long way into the campaign. Resulting in the turks being either a puny vassal state or destroyed. not once have i seen the AI go well playing as them.

is there a reason for this? because from my knowledge the SE should be allot stronger during this period. in the past 5 campaigns on vh/h or h/h the Byz, Danes and Poms all go stir crazy, i havnt played in west euro but do the danes and poms have access to higher tech units earlier on like the Byz ?

anyway keep up the good work and ill keep financing France and HRE

Now, now, my good man, this is no time for making enemies.

Voltaire, when asked by a priest to renounce Satan on his deathbed.