Thread: TW: Mod Squad - Crescent and Cross needs people

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Default TW: Mod Squad - Crescent and Cross needs people

The group has been up and running for about 3 weeks now and we have made astounding progress. But we are still in need of 3 or 4 people. We have begun work on our first major mod called Crescent and Cross starting in 850 with the Byzantine/Seljuk wars. The map is moving along and factions/units are coming together.

There are a few unique things in this mod that I havent seen anyone do yet as well. We have started working on a much more life like economic system that I am not going to go into details about in public just yet. Its much more dynamic and also a bit chaotic, just like real life.

We also have begun working on a method that allows emerging factions to come out at random instead of being tied to a date, so you never know when you might have a new enemy.

The current Public Order system is terrible. You can do bad things to your people and as soon as you change the tax rate it goes back to green and everyone is happy. No longer, you might have an insurrection forming in one of your settlements even now...

Your young generals can now learn from your older generals, and pick up some knowledge.

We currently have a mapper, two artwork guys for skins and general images, two scripters, one guy working on music and traits, one guy working on units and balance, and a historian.

If any of that grabs your attention then here is what we need most:

Unit skinners, we have a ton of skins to do
    Coders, for both buildings and units

And as always if you are completely new to modding then hit us up as well. This group is not just for experienced modders but rather is devoted to learning to mod and passing on the knowledge. If you have no experience at all but are willing to learn, organized, have a positive attitude, and are willing to work then we have a place for you.

Default Re: TW: Mod Squad - Crescent and Cross needs people

Also just to clarify you guys, we haven't yet gone public with our mod so it's the reason you don't hear about it. But as a member you will discover alot of things, the team progresses at an astonishing speed.

Also we would probably need :

Historian (Researcher)

Author of the Battle of Kenross AAR

This has no relation to the RTW mod The Crescent and The Cross by Shogo correct? Or have you taken up the work where he left off?

Quote Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
    This has no relation to the RTW mod The Crescent and The Cross by Shogo correct? Or have you taken up the work where he left off?
    no it has no relations to the mod you stated above, the title is pure coincidence.

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Wow I didnt know someone else was using the same name, anyone have a link?

i'm not sure GED but i think the mod he is talking about is dead. Not sure thaugh

It was side lined awhile ago but had some good work in it.

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

I had honestly never heard of it.

lol. Wow. What bad luck we have. Of all things, I would not have thought that this name was taken

Did you like my post? If so + rep please