Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Failed to initialise 3d audio

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

Default Failed to initialise 3d audio

Rome wont run for me, i get this message. i got latest xi-fi sound drivers etc. im on xp pro 64 bit

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

Default Re: Failed to initialise 3d audio

Ahh i made a System recovery when i had this

you have to look if everything with your sound works(Music with Windows Media Player as example)

Busy!!!

reinstalled xp pro yesterday, i was on vista. installing media player as we speak

EDIT : nope no effect

--- double posts merged

ding ding /bump
    Last edited by Brusilov; April 10, 2010 at 12:38 PM.

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

I think it has something to do with the miles folder

Wheres the miles folder?

Quote Originally Posted by Marku View Post
    Rome wont run for me, i get this message. i got latest xi-fi sound drivers etc. im on xp pro 64 bit
    I have an x-fi board too, and it does EAX 3.0 in Rome without problems.

Check if you have the latest drivers:
    My Computer -> manage -> Device Manager -> Sound, video and game controllers -> Creative SB X-Fi
    It tells me I have driver version: 5.12.6.1187

Then check DirectX Diagnostic, command "dxdiag".
    Make sure the Creative is the default audio device, then launch a "Test DirectSound".

A question: is EAX/DirectX acceleration working in other games?

my x-fi is Xtreme gamer, it supports like 5.0 EAX or something, since i came back to XP 64 bit from vista 64 bit, it hasnt allowed me to use even 4.0 for Medieval 2, only 3.0, but ive been reinstalling it a few times today and now it does 4.0 but Rome still wont load.

yay 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marku View Post
    my x-fi is Xtreme gamer, it supports like 5.0 EAX or something, since i came back to XP 64 bit from vista 64 bit, it hasnt allowed me to use even 4.0 for Medieval 2, only 3.0, but ive been reinstalling it a few times today and now it does 4.0 but Rome still wont load.
    Try some other 3D games to see if audio acceleration is working.
    You need to understand if it is an audio board problem or a RTW problem.
    If EAX and DirectAudio work well in other games, then the problem is only with your RTW installation; otherwise, there is something wrong with your audio drivers, or something of that sort.

my problem is a rtw problem ive tride other games and they work rtw work a few weeks ago now it dose not any more help plz somone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I also have the same problem: "Failed to initialise 3d audio".
    I have two PCs: a slow old PC with XP, which works correctly RTW, Viking II Mod, Mod Mod RTR and Metro Naval; But I have a fast and powerful new PC with Vista, which works correctly Empire TW, M2TW, Deus lo Vult Mod, Mod Stainless Steel, RTW, RTR, but when I double click on the Metro Naval Mod ... "Failed to initialise 3d audio".
    I have reinstalled several times and the problem continues.
    Can you help?
    Thanks

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by goroviajero View Post
    I also have the same problem: "Failed to initialise 3d audio".
    I have two PCs: a slow old PC with XP, which works correctly RTW, Viking II Mod, Mod Mod RTR and Metro Naval; But I have a fast and powerful new PC with Vista, which works correctly Empire TW, M2TW, Deus lo Vult Mod, Mod Stainless Steel, RTW, RTR, but when I double click on the Metro Naval Mod ... "Failed to initialise 3d audio".
    I have reinstalled several times and the problem continues.
    Can you help?
    Thanks
    And your soundcard is a?

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

i have the same prob
    when i try to play RTW it says Failed to initialize 3D audio

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Tou have reinstall the game so it can find your sound drivers. The problem is as old as the game.

I've reinstalled the game 3 times. Not only do I get this 3d audio message when I try to launch, I also get the RS2 error that says I haven't installed the game into the right location. I followed the installation guide. I tried default folder, creating a new folder, installing into something completely outside of Program Files...

I have just about had it before even getting to play it. I'm not going to spend another several hours uninstalling and reinstalling. I have Windows 7 64 bit, all updates installed. I run a computer with ridiculous hardware, so I know that's not an issue.

PLEASE HELP!

1. Eliminate the "Failed to initialize 3d audio" error.
    2. Get RS2 to launch without being stopped by the error stating that I've installed it into the wrong folder. The thing is, I've tried installing it into the folder specified by the error message, and again in a different, created from scratch folder. Both within, and outside of Program Files and Program Files (x86). So I've already tried both of those. I guess I just won't play if someone tells me I have to reinstall RTW again.

Do you have sound enabled?
    Do you have your speakers plugged in?

I have the same problem and have sound enabled and speakers plugged in. I am using a laptop with Windows 7

really might be too late for anyone to care but i solved this problem. it happened on my alexander. rtw ran fine but alexander had the 3d audio error. for some reason my alexander installed in the rtw file that was in 'program files' and not 'program files(x86)'. so i just took the miles file from x86 file and put it in the rtw file in the 'program files'

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanjoe090 View Post
    really might be too late for anyone to care but i solved this problem. it happened on my alexander. rtw ran fine but alexander had the 3d audio error. for some reason my alexander installed in the rtw file that was in 'program files' and not 'program files(x86)'. so i just took the miles file from x86 file and put it in the rtw file in the 'program files'
    sorry for grave digging but where is the "miles" file?

There is a folder in the Rome Total War folder called Miles or at least was.

so what do i do im so confused about this whole thing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast