Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: PRO DEO ET REGE v0.4: Bug Reports

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE v0.4: Bug Reports

Just wanted to say I'm surprised at the fact that I have gotten almost no CTD's at all. Don't know want you did but it runs pretty clean compared to most mods. I did want to point out that I've seen a few rebel generals that are all shiny as opposed to having textures. Haven't noticed it on any other faction. Noticed it when I was playing as Genova and when I tested out the Moors today. Other than that I haven't noticed any other problems, except maybe the fact Rome rebelled on the papacy Keep up the good work!

izanagi11's Avatar Semisalis

Hey Socal_infidel, I found a few things in the export_descr_building.txt, I hope ya are sitting down .

recruit_pool "Aventuros" 1 0.25 4 0 requires factions { portugal, } and event_counter MAIL_ARMOR 1
    recruit_pool "Aventuros" 1 0.25 4 0 requires factions { portugal,
    } and event_counter world_is_round 1

change from MAIL_ARMOR to event_counter world_is_round 1, maybe also have PIKEMEN 1 event_counter?

recruit_pool "Albanian Cavalry" 1 0.2 4 0 requires factions { russia, } and event_counter HALF_PLATE_ARMOR 1 and hidden_resource aor_w_balkans

Wow, Russia has it tough !!

recruit_pool "Dismounted Frankish Knights" 1 0.5 4 0 requires factions { sicily, }

Needs HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR, since the other occurrence has it. Not a big deal, since the building needs HEAVY too.

recruit_pool "Naffatun" 1 0.5 4 0 requires factions { turks, } and event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1

The others got MAIL_ARMOR, I guess typo

recruit_pool "Stradiots" 1 0.25 4 0 requires factions { venice, } and event_counter FULL_PLATE_ARMOR 1 and hidden_resource aor_w_balkans or hidden_resource aor_e_balkans

Boy, I though Russia had it tough, poor Venice

Following just to keep in sync with others, but in gameplay not much difference

recruit_pool "Druchima Swordsmen" 1 0.25 4 0 requires factions { russia, } and event_counter MAIL_ARMOR 1
    recruit_pool "Varjazi Axemen" 1 0.15 2 0 requires factions { russia, } and event_counter MAIL_ARMOR 1
    recruit_pool "English Huscarls" 1 0.25 4 0 requires factions { england, } and event_counter MAIL_ARMOR 1

Just remove MAIL_ARMOR to be consistent.

Okie dokie, I'm done. I'll go run and hide now...
    Last edited by izanagi11; August 03, 2007 at 04:01 PM.
    "The shape of you, the shape of me, the shape of everything I see.."

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

@izanagi11

Thanks for poring over that file with a fine-tooth comb! Nice catches! I'll be sure to clean those up!

Oh, and it's hard to feel too bad for Russia with their roster! Same with Venice! Venetian Heavy Infantry is a fine unit!

Quote Originally Posted by JethroKirby View Post
    Just wanted to say I'm surprised at the fact that I have gotten almost no CTD's at all. Don't know want you did but it runs pretty clean compared to most mods.
    Knock on wood! I've spent a lot of time implementing all changes very carefully and piecemeal. Glad it's paid off so far!

Quote Originally Posted by JethroKirby View Post
    I did want to point out that I've seen a few rebel generals that are all shiny as opposed to having textures. Haven't noticed it on any other faction. Noticed it when I was playing as Genova and when I tested out the Moors today. Other than that I haven't noticed any other problems, except maybe the fact Rome rebelled on the papacy Keep up the good work!
    Yeah, the starting rebel generals for the ME and Eastern Factions all lack textures as they don't own the general unit in the modelsdb. I'll fix that.

Cheers!

Ninefingers's Avatar Civis

Just a couple of quick notes, not sure if these are even bugs or intended, but...

The provinces holding Zara and Ragusa are both called "Dalmatia". The provinces holding Thorn and Stetting are both called "Pomorze".

Also, despite there being no mineral node present in the region, Olmutz has the option of building a mine which provides no income (+0 income on the building browser).

Edit: Olmutz seems strangely isolated too...there's only one road in the whole province, leading to Prague. Since both start off as rebel provinces and Prague is seriously garrisoned, chances are you'll take that first and have a province with a road to nowhere. Not sure if this can be fixed or if it's intentional.

The icon for the title "Duke of Graz" is that of a paladin / bodyguard, which I assume it's not supposed to be.

Also, not really a bug but rather an observation - Men At Arms are seriously strong for their cost. They are also ridiculously powerful in auto-calc - I'd personally recommend taking their morale down just a bit and dropping a few points of their defense skill. I've seen Men At Arms fight to the last man without routing after their entire army was gone (including their general) - which is certainly admirable, but a little inconsistent of retainers when the knights themselves bailed half an hour ago.
    Last edited by Ninefingers; August 04, 2007 at 06:39 AM.

"The enemy flees! Probably back to his palaces and prostitutes!" -Eastern faction battle announcer, Rome: Total War

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Just a quick one: not sure if it is the same bug as reported before, but here goes:
    Tarabalus is a castle with a port, got it conquered around 1130 playing as Moors on h/h and now got the option to build a port again. Guess it is schnafu in the descr_start file.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ninefingers View Post
    Edit: Olmutz seems strangely isolated too...there's only one road in the whole province, leading to Prague. Since both start off as rebel provinces and Prague is seriously garrisoned, chances are you'll take that first and have a province with a road to nowhere. Not sure if this can be fixed or if it's intentional.
    I will have a look into it. Watch out for an update of the corrected map filesthread.

sorry ninefingers, it is done.
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 04, 2007 at 12:32 PM. Reason: update on files

Thank you, camaraden.

I resolve problem with run the mod.

The method is simple as usual:
    - install clear version MTW2 1.2.
    - re-download PDER 0.4
    - install mod following instruction.

All is OK.
    Thank you again.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantus View Post
    I will have a look into it. Watch out for an update of the corrected map filesthread.
    No!!!!!!! You can't do that! You're gonna kill ninefingers' Polish campaign (he's physically incapable of continuing a campaign if there's any sort of update)!!
    Boleslaw's only 42! It's conceivable he has another 40 years of fightin' Germans in him

Just kidding! Thanks for reporting these guys! And much thanks to gigantus for taking the time to correct it! Oh, and gigantus, if you're really gonna update soon might want to take a look at the Asprokastran border.

You can't access it from Kiev and Jitomir without crossing into Jassy territory. Hard to get troops out of there in my Russian campaign without making the Hungarians mad!

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerDim View Post
    Thank you, camaraden.

I resolve problem with run the mod.

The method is simple as usual:

- install clear version MTW2 1.2.

- re-download PDER 0.4

- install mod following instruction.

All is OK.

Thank you again.
    Awesome! Glad to hear that! Cheers! Thanks for taking the time to do all that just to play it! Cheers!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Socal_infidel View Post
    No!!!!!!! You can't do that! You're gonna kill ninefingers' Polish campaign (he's physically incapable of continuing a campaign if there's any sort of update)!!
    Boleslaw's only 42! It's conceivable he has another 40 years of fightin' Germans in him
    Version 1.1 of the map files will get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Socal_infidel View Post
    Just kidding! Thanks for reporting these guys! And much thanks to gigantus for taking the time to correct it! Oh, and gigantus, if you're really gonna update soon might want to take a look at the Asprokastran border.

You can't access it from Kiev and Jitomir without crossing into Jassy territory. Hard to get troops out of there in my Russian campaign without making the Hungarians mad!
    Be careful what you wish for! Check out map files version 1.2!
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 04, 2007 at 01:42 PM.

qnzkid711's Avatar Senator

Okay,my game seems to be crashing now. Im playing with the Byzantines and right now I am around 1126-8. Twice its happened so far although it skips around. Its happening when when my turn is over. When I click on it and the other factions make their moves, it crashes either as my guys are moving around or right after my faction.

It says that an error occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by qnzkid711 View Post
    Okay,my game seems to be crashing now. Im playing with the Byzantines and right now I am around 1126-8. Twice its happened so far although it skips around. Its happening when when my turn is over. When I click on it and the other factions make their moves, it crashes either as my guys are moving around or right after my faction.

It says that an error occurred.
    Do me favor - open up your logs folder if it occurs again and post the last lines of the PDER.system.log.txt file.

I suspect it's related to buggy names still.

Blog Entries

I have just started using assassins and as usual checked my systems.log when I finished my play. This is what came up, and it goes through all the factions. This seems to happen every time I murder another HRR bigwig.

12:48:25.218 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <VanquisherEnglishAssassinates>
    : <target_faction> is unavailable from event <LeaderOrderedAssassination>
    12:48:25.359 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <VanquisherFrenchAssassinates>
    : <target_faction> is unavailable from event <LeaderOrderedAssassination>

Which one is the logs folder?

Btw: im using vista.
    Last edited by qnzkid711; August 05, 2007 at 02:33 PM.

Okay, it always seems to happen when another faction tries to buy out my merchant. When that faction merchant fails,the game crashes; when he succeeds, the game is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by qnzkid711 View Post
    Okay, it always seems to happen when another faction tries to buy out my merchant. When that faction merchant fails,the game crashes; when he succeeds, the game is fine.
    Very weird. Is your merchant missing a name by chance - i.e. has a blank name? You're playing the Byzzies, right? I'll have a look at their name list again.

The PDER log file should be in this folder - SEGA\Medieval II Total War\logs. Not sure how Vista is set-up, so maybe it's different?

billydilly's Avatar Senator

I seem to no income from mines in southern Italy, tried to build a mine on Bari = no income.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Quote Originally Posted by billydilly View Post
    I seem to no income from mines in southern Italy, tried to build a mine on Bari = no income.
    Thanks for pointing this out. The problem, I believe, stems from the fact that I cloned entries from the descr_regions.txt file for the new provinces. So the old province probably had an iron (or other metal) resource in the region, but the new one doesn't.

I'll go through these for the next release! In the meantine, I feel it's only fair for you to do an "add_money <Faction>, 5000

Very weird. Is your merchant missing a name by chance - i.e. has a blank name? You're playing the Byzzies, right? I'll have a look at their name list again.
    Ill check, its happened to two different merchants. And yes, its the Byzantines.

And yea, the setup seems to be diff for Vista, I cant find "logs" anywhere.
    Last edited by qnzkid711; August 05, 2007 at 05:35 PM.

started a new campaign; Playing on VH/VH byzantium year 1105 an sicily keeps laying siege on Ras every turn anew plus a scroll informs me that I am at war (while I'm already at) with sicily at the beginning of every turn.
    Nafpaktos settlement seems to have an extra layer of southern european dirt road.Didn't reach to 1140 to report about stone wall event. Happy bug terminating!