Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: PRO DEO ET REGE v0.4: Bug Reports

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE v0.4: Bug Reports

Allow me to contribute to the bug report.
    Playing as Byzantium on VH/VH settings on year 1106.
    Nikaia cannot upgrade from large town status due to lack of building walls option in the city scroll. I think that you've already encountered this bug in a previous version for another faction, not sure which.
    In the recruitment report scroll, when recruiting heavy spearmen their respectable image is as large as the size of the image in the description scroll, not the tiny icon of the usual recruited units
    Some unit cards for example spearmen, lancers are not purple but grey. I wouldn't know whether it is a bug or intentional, thus I report it.
    Bucuresti and Bagdad are missing their special character s and g respectably when opening the city scroll or when being referred in the turn report scrolls. Not certain if it is happening with other city names though.
    Last and not least a what seems buggy behaviour of the AI. Nearly all Italian factions (Sicily, Papal States and Venice) siege Kerkyra settlement (Corfu Island on the map) and after one turn has passed they offer peace in a quite profitable -for my empire- way (about 8-10k gold).
    Cheers for now!Thank you for releasing this nice mod!!!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

@Pharaonas

Quote "Nikaia cannot upgrade from large town status due to lack of building walls option in the city scroll. I think that you've already encountered this bug in a previous version for another faction, not sure which." End Quote

I think it has to do with the event for stone castles. Until it fires no stone walls can be build.

izanagi11's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaonas View Post
    Some unit cards for example spearmen, lancers are not purple but grey. I wouldn't know whether it is a bug or intentional, thus I report it.
    B

Hi there Pharaonas, the color is correct. The Lancers and spearmen are AOR units, thus have merc colors.

Another thing I like to change, not too sure if it was intention or a slip up. For Denmark, in militia_barracks the Swordstaff Militia has the event_counter of HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR, while in army_barracks they have event_counter of HALF_PLATE_ARMOR. I found it abit strange you can built it in the early version of barracks, I personally changed it to HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR.
    "The shape of you, the shape of me, the shape of everything I see.."

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Quote Originally Posted by gigantus View Post
    @Pharaonas

Quote "Nikaia cannot upgrade from large town status due to lack of building walls option in the city scroll. I think that you've already encountered this bug in a previous version for another faction, not sure which." End Quote

I think it has to do with the event for stone castles. Until it fires no stone walls can be build.
    Yup. Thanks gigantus! If you still can't upgrade after 1140 AD, then let me know, Pharaonas.

Quote Originally Posted by izanagi11 View Post
    Hi there Pharaonas, the color is correct. The Lancers and spearmen are AOR units, thus have merc colors.

Another thing I like to change, not too sure if it was intention or a slip up. For Denmark, in militia_barracks the Swordstaff Militia has the event_counter of HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR, while in army_barracks they have event_counter of HALF_PLATE_ARMOR. I found it abit strange you can built it in the early version of barracks, I personally changed it to HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR.
    izanagi11, you and gigantus are on the ball with the bug reports answers tonight!!!

Pharaonas, izanagi11 is correct. Those units are included in the AOR system which to make a long story short uses mercenary status in the modelsdb to allow all factions access to an AOR unit. So they're supposed to be like. That's why you'll find some units have the rebel/merc skin - they're AOR units.

Slip-up! Thanks for catching it.

Once again thanks to everyone for reporting these bugs! Gigantus and izanagi11 thanks for answering questions, too!

Cheers!

Blog Entries

Default AI's Tax Behaviour

Here is the solution to the above problem:

I have changed the following entries in the descr_settlement_dynamics.xml file back to the original setting:

SOF Tax_Bonus 1.0
    SOF Tax_Penalty 1.0

Tested it and found it working ok. Your entries were a bit too severe and the AI couldn't handle it: the Pope lost Rome through revolt! When using toggle_fow I saw a couple of times that HRR was loosing some of its central provinces to revolt as well.
    Shouldn't happen now. Have attached the corrected file. Just extract in the PDER\data folder.

Oh yeah: you likka wad u c, gimme rep.

EDIT: Attachment removed, included in PDER v0.4 Patch 1
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 09, 2007 at 04:21 AM.

Hi guys,

I would like to report about problem which occured in my game.
    PDER v4. Localized version.
    I know about problem with sounds files on localised versions. In my case no connections with CTD with sounds files.

Then I loaded anything fraction in custom battle I have a CTD. Crash occured on every fraction.

This is a log:
    HTML Code:
    23:33:47.140 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    23:33:47.140 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Apr 23 2007 version bld-medieval2-update2-84 (37970) ===
    23:33:47.156 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    23:33:47.156 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    23:33:47.156 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    23:33:47.156 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    23:33:47.156 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    23:33:47.156 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    23:33:53.515 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in PDER_v.0.4_Beta/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 13084, column 49
    trigger  not found
    23:34:49.625 [data.invalid] [error] Could not open UI! Vid mem 209315840
    In another folder I have imstalled PDER v2 and it works perfect.

Did you have any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerDim View Post
    Hi guys,

I would like to report about problem which occured in my game.
    PDER v4. Localized version.
    I know about problem with sounds files on localised versions. In my case no connections with CTD with sounds files.

Then I loaded anything fraction in custom battle I have a CTD. Crash occured on every fraction.

This is a log:
    HTML Code:
    23:33:47.140 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    23:33:47.140 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Apr 23 2007 version bld-medieval2-update2-84 (37970) ===
    23:33:47.156 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    23:33:47.156 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    23:33:47.156 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    23:33:47.156 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    23:33:47.156 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    23:33:47.156 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    23:33:53.515 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in PDER_v.0.4_Beta/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 13084, column 49
    trigger  not found
    23:34:49.625 [data.invalid] [error] Could not open UI! Vid mem 209315840
    In another folder I have imstalled PDER v2 and it works perfect.

Did you have any advice?
    Hmmm. That export_descr_character_traits.txt error shouldn't cause problems. It's okay actually.

Custom battles should work, as I played a battle with it yesterday.

Not sure exactly what this - Vid mem 209315840 - means. I would suggest maybe uninstalling both versions (v0.2 and v0.4) and then reinstalling v0.4.

Let me know if that works. Thanks.

Done it.

Uninstal v2 anf re-install v4.

Try to run Hungary campaign. Get a CTD during loading campaign.
    The end of Log is:
    00:37:15.281 [game.script.trigger] [info] 011 triggers tested by event IncomingMessage
    00:37:15.281 [game.script.trigger] [info] 000 triggers tested by event EventCounter
    00:37:15.296 [system.io] [info] exists: missing PDER_v.0.4_Beta/preferences/player.txt

Unfotunately, just I havnt PDERv2 and can not run PDER v4.

Done it.

Uninstal v2 anf re-install v4.

Try to run Hungary campaign. Get a CTD during loading campaign.
    The end of Log is:
    00:37:15.281 [game.script.trigger] [info] 011 triggers tested by event IncomingMessage
    00:37:15.281 [game.script.trigger] [info] 000 triggers tested by event EventCounter
    00:37:15.296 [system.io] [info] exists: missing PDER_v.0.4_Beta/preferences/player.txt

Unfotunately, just I havnt PDERv2 and can not run PDER v4.
    Do me a favor. In your logs folder, there should be a file called PDER.system.log.txt. Could you post the whole file or attach it to your post?

Pnutmaster's Avatar Dominus Qualitatium

I have received the 'missing PDER_v.0.4_Beta/preferences/player.txt' before. It only means that you have an error somewhere in your log.

Make sure this line is in your PDER cfg and post your log as Social_infidel requested:

[log]
    to = logs/system.log.txt
    level = * error
    Under the patronage and bound to the service of the
    artist formerly known as Squeakus Maximus
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N

Because you have a * trace entry in cfg - I have PDER.system.log a 12.5 mb.
    I can not attach it to post.

Just I try to change * error entry - may be volume will be much smaller.

Because you have a * trace entry in cfg - I have PDER.system.log a 12.5 mb.
    I can not attach it to post.

Just I try to change * error entry - may be volume will be much smaller.
    Yeah, try changing it to what pnutmaster suggested. I use the trace log for modding, forgot it could be so giant!

Done it.
    Change entry to error.

Get the log as previous:
    00:57:38.062 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    00:57:38.078 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Apr 23 2007 version bld-medieval2-update2-84 (37970) ===
    00:57:38.078 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    00:57:38.078 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    00:57:38.078 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    00:57:38.093 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    00:57:38.093 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    00:57:38.093 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    00:57:44.062 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in PDER_v.0.4_Beta/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 13084, column 49
    trigger not found
    00:58:32.281 [data.invalid] [error] Could not open UI! Vid mem 209315840

Don/t have any ideas.
    I looke at export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 13084, column 49 - nothing, all is OK.

What mean vid memory - I dont have any ideas.
    So, I have intsalled all big mod - DVL, RtJ, Portvcale, TLR, CAE, SS, Machiavello and many others (more then 10). All is working. And old version of PDER is working too.

Just will try to reinstall again.

I would maybe suggest downloading again. I know someone in the download section mentioned the version he downloaded wasn't installing properly. Maybe something went bad with your dowload?

Also, I would make sure that you delete all files from v0.2 manually. The uninstall gets rid of the core files, but some will be left behind I believe.

EDIT - what version do you have by the way? non-English, right?
    Last edited by Socal_infidel; August 02, 2007 at 04:13 PM.

Thank you guys for your attention.

i just clean manually previous installation and re-install PDER4 again.
    Problem still the same:
    01:14:21.687 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    01:14:27.718 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in PDER_v.0.4_Beta/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 13084, column 49
    trigger not found
    01:15:16.453 [data.invalid] [error] Could not open UI! Vid mem 209315840

YEs, I have a russian version 1.2, unpacked.
    And I changed sounds files.

OK. Tomorrow I will try to re-download PDER4 and will try to install it on clear version of the game on another hard disc . And will post if it will be succesfull or not.

aduellist's Avatar Push the button Max!

The only bug I've noticed so far is that you can't dock a fleet at Skovde (sp?). The docks tile seems to be perfectly split 50/50 land and sea, so the map says neither land nor sea units can enter that tile.
    Under the patronage of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of
    THERA, A New Beginning

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." H. L. Mencken

"Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one’s thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. It is the right which they first of all strike down." Frederick Douglass

Quote Originally Posted by aduellist View Post
    The only bug I've noticed so far is that you can't dock a fleet at Skovde (sp?). The docks tile seems to be perfectly split 50/50 land and sea, so the map says neither land nor sea units can enter that tile.
    I wanna say Griffon, too, pointed this out! Guess I better fix that, huh? Thanks for taking the time to report this!

aduellist's Avatar Push the button Max!

Quote Originally Posted by Socal_infidel View Post
    I wanna say Griffon, too, pointed this out! Guess I better fix that, huh? Thanks for taking the time to report this!
    Darn it! Shoulda read the thread before I reported. I hate when I do that.
    Under the patronage of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of
    THERA, A New Beginning

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." H. L. Mencken

"Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one’s thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. It is the right which they first of all strike down." Frederick Douglass

Blog Entries

There were a couple of errors that were map related. I have started a new thread for that. See here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...02#post2027102

Hope Socal_infidel doesn't mind