Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: PRO DEO ET REGE v0.4: Bug Reports

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE v0.4: Bug Reports

Quote Originally Posted by Besarioni View Post
    Hi, My game crashes with all the fractions (usually 150 years after the start), but every time it crashes the screen gets weird and blurry...I have time to save usually and than I press turn and it crashes. Cheers
    Hmm...mind posting a screenshot of this graphical corruption if you can? Also, are you playing the Kingdoms edition or regular version?

Cheers!

Excuse me guys, but i've installed PDER_v.0.4_Beta with PDER FX COPy cause i've got the french version. It works normally, but i noticed today that my hard disc has been filled up with 16,0 Go more. And i found that in my medieval 2 directory, the "logs" file took 16.0 Go, it's enormous!!! Then i've deleted the content, closed the window and later when i opened it again, it was replaced by the normal PDER system log with 36 Ko. So my question is: IS IT NORMAL??? what's going on with that file? is it necessary to have it?

Excuse me guys, but i've installed PDER_v.0.4_Beta with PDER FX COPy cause i've got the french version. It works normally, but i noticed today that my hard disc has been filled up with 16,0 Go more. And i found that in my medieval 2 directory, the "logs" file took 16.0 Go, it's enormous!!! Then i've deleted the content, closed the window and later when i opened it again, it was replaced by the normal PDER system log with 36 Ko. So my question is: IS IT NORMAL??? what's going on with that file? is it necessary to have it?

OUPS, really sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by adonnis2006 View Post
    OUPS, really sorry!
    No problem, to get rid of that, open your PDER.cfg file and remove these lines from it:

Code:
    [log] 
    to = logs/PDER.system.log.txt 
    level = * trace
    That will remove the trace log...Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Socal_infidel View Post
    Hmm...mind posting a screenshot of this graphical corruption if you can? Also, are you playing the Kingdoms edition or regular version?

Cheers!

Sorry for the late answer. I am playing regular version, I will catch the crush and show you the screenshots. Peace
    HAPPY IS ONE WHOS HEART BEATS FOR HIS COUNTRY

Thnx to you, Socal_infidel:
    Game seem to work correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sankt Johannis View Post
    Thnx to you, Socal_infidel:
    Game seem to work correctly.
    Ah, glad to hear that!

It's kind of fustrating to build an infantry barrack from scratch when Constantinople already has a high tier barrack.....

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taimee Rose View Post
    It's kind of fustrating to build an infantry barrack from scratch when Constantinople already has a high tier barrack.....
    You get used to it. It is part of trying to make it a bit more real and stop the 'blitzing'. You can always recruit on Constantinople and send the units where you need them. Requires some micro managing, but then no-one ever said waging a successful was easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Taimee Rose View Post
    It is but don't think of it as really representing a physical building, but years of military organization and resources spent of maintaining an army.

You can't expect to take Constantinople and expect the native Greek presence to willingly join and serve in your conquering army. You need to spend time getting them on your side and organized to fight for you...

Edit - in any event, I've been thinking of ways to improve the AOR system lately...so we'll see...

Yeah,i realise that, i just thought that maybe the conquerors could use the already high tech byzantine barracks to field their own troops after proper assimilation

Are the AI kingdoms set to achieve victory at 45 territories? Because they are. Egypt has won at 45 as well as Kiev so far, and only 100 years into the game.

playing PDER:Kingdoms (not sure if it's a kingdoms version related issue or not).

♔ST0MPA♔'s Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by MadFrancis View Post
    Are the AI kingdoms set to achieve victory at 45 territories? Because they are. Egypt has won at 45 as well as Kiev so far, and only 100 years into the game.

playing PDER:Kingdoms (not sure if it's a kingdoms version related issue or not).
    you will find they have gained vassals which has boosted them up to 60 territories. I have mentioned this before to socal and I assume he is working on a new or obtaining a new AI script which should stop the AI forming vassals all to easily. As it is the AI blitzkriegs to easy leaving its cities with sometimes only one unit to garrison while it steamrolls across the map. the result is another AI faction steamrolls in behind them taking their one unit garrisoned cities with little to no resistance.
    "Yeah tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death; I shall fear no evil... for I'm the meanest sonofa in the valley."

Quote Originally Posted by ST0MPA View Post
    you will find they have gained vassals which has boosted them up to 60 territories. I have mentioned this before to socal and I assume he is working on a new or obtaining a new AI script which should stop the AI forming vassals all to easily. As it is the AI blitzkriegs to easy leaving its cities with sometimes only one unit to garrison while it steamrolls across the map. the result is another AI faction steamrolls in behind them taking their one unit garrisoned cities with little to no resistance.
    Yeah, I've finished three games now all within 150 years (not turns) of the start if the game, usually by about 100 years in the game is over (or nearly so).

This is a problem I have with all factions, either I or another player will win within 100-150 years. I have yet to make it as far as a mongol invasion.

I REALLY wish MTW2 had an era option. I want late period units, but as it is I cannot even imagine how a game could last long enough to ever get there.

Blog Entries

We might have to put back the region winning condition. Maybe just an Irish region to make it near impossible for the AI to win.

♔ST0MPA♔'s Avatar Ordinarius

can you just maybe slow the AI down, it is pointless to take a slow enjoyable approach when the AI has an agenda to win this game in the quickest time possible. things like increasing unit costs dramatically, newly conquered cities requiring a large garrison for a long period time, increase the building costs to.
    as far as region winning conditions just make sure that there as far away from the factions starting regions as possible, which is not going to be good for the human player but a challenge non the less. when I used to play Anon Domino (long time ago now) one of the winning conditions on that mod was to have an immaculate rep, that would defiantly help here as the AI could not win because it blitzed the map and got half the other AI factions as vassals. I can see when the new mod comes out that the new factions implemented will probably be steamrolled in the first 50 years unless the AI is made to behave its self and play with out the mentallaty of leave one unit in the newly occupied town and race onto the next one.
    "Yeah tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death; I shall fear no evil... for I'm the meanest sonofa in the valley."

Blog Entries

I don't think you will get the AI to 'behave' itself. In fact I think it doesn't care for winning conditions a all.

Check my 'Winning conditions' thread' for a stop gap.

"INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

1] To install this mod, simply follow the steps outlined in the Installer Program, which by default installs Pro Deo et Rege to the following folder:
    C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods

2] You must have unpacked versions of each of the following Medieval II Total War:Kingdoms campaigns in order to play this mod:

- Britannia
    - Crusades
    - Teutonic

In order to unpack these campaigns, you must run each of the following batch files found in your SEGA\Medieval II Total War\tools\unpacker folder:

- unpack_britannia.bat
    - unpack_crusades.bat
    - unpack_teutonic.bat

IMPORTANT!: AFTER UNPACKING ANY OF THESE OR THE MAIN M2TW, YOU NEED TO DELETE THESE TWO FILES:

-descr_geography_new.txt
    -descr_geography_new.db

FAILURE TO DO SO, WILL LEAD TO A CTD UPON ENTERING ANY BATTLE"

Question:

1. Install and then unpack, or unpack and then install?

2. Delete those two files once in the main Data folder, or find them in each data folder (delete two files en toto or more?)

Quote Originally Posted by VanguardXIII View Post
    1. Install and then unpack, or unpack and then install?

2. Delete those two files once in the main Data folder, or find them in each data folder (delete two files en toto or more?)
    1. The latter. Unpack. Then Install.

2. Need to delete them from each of the campaigns you unpack. So two from each. Although, I think they might not be present in all of the unpacked Kingdoms campaigns.

Cheers!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011