Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: PRO DEO ET REGE v0.4: Bug Reports

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Default PRO DEO ET REGE v0.4: Bug Reports

MEDIEVAL II TOTAL WAR:
    PRO DEO ET REGE
    “For God and King”
    BUG REPORT THREAD

Please report any bugs in this thread. If possible, please be as detailed as possible and include such information as:

1. Faction played
    2. Year
    3. Battle or Campaign Map
    4. If battle - enemy faced
    5. If battle - settlement/region the battle took place in
    6. If battle - units of both/all sides
    7. If campaign map - faction whose turn it was when bug occurred
    8. Any other information you can recall that you feel would be helpful

To the extent possible, please do not report general bugs with Medieval II Total War - these can be found here. But if you're not sure, report them anyway!

Cheers!
    Last edited by Socal_infidel; July 30, 2007 at 09:23 AM.

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE: Bug Reports

Yea i have just started a game with the holy roman empire and it gets to the loading screen and crashes

A little more detail, please mate! English version you're using? Anything else you can add would really help!

I'll go ahead and be the first to comment upon v0.3A!

There's a St. John's Minor Chapter House in Palermo from the get-go?!?!? What the?

Code:
     building 
     { 
      type guild_st_johns_chapter_house st_johns_minor_ch
     }
    You can either delete it from the descr_strat file or take advantage of it!

Cheers!

Derfel's Avatar Laetus

Icon4 Unable to build new churches.

export_descr_buildings.txt:

PDER Ver 0.3A: line 44467
    small_church city requires factions { normans, denmark, hre, scotland, france, england, hungary, poland, venice, papal_states, portugal, spain, sicily, milan, } and not building_present_min_level port port
    PDER Ver 0.2 line 43714
    small_church city requires factions { normans, denmark, hre, scotland, france, england, hungary, poland, venice, papal_states, portugal, spain, sicily, milan, }
    My guess is that the line should be as in Ver 0.2

Happy gaming

Champlain's Avatar Civis

Hello, I love the idea of the MOD the AOR is something I mentioned in a post to Repman for DLV MOD. The "bug" is this, as England I received a mission to conquer Dun Phir I think it was called, the first town in Scotland close to the border with England. I conquered it with an army from Lancaster,led by my Lancaster governer. After conquering I received a message saying that the mission was no longer necessary as it had been taken by a another faction.
    It gives my faction the conquest in the "totals" screen but does not recognize my faction for the mission. For fun I tried the process cq cheat as it tends to tell you if settlements are not linked properly and it came back as unrecognized, so perhaps Lancaster is not being recognized as English in one part of the code and recognized in another. Cheers! Andrew Marcinov

i get to the loading screen for the campaign and playing as any faction the game quits. This is the english version

I cant build small churches. heres the info:

1. France
    2. Entire campaign so far

I can build small chapels but not small churches. I dont know why. Please help once you get back.

izanagi11's Avatar Semisalis

Arfrisco, you going to have to do some editing. Look at post #5, Derfel is basically explains what is wrong. You are going to have to edit the export_descr_buildings.txt.

loet66's Avatar Senator

Well, a strange thing : don't know if it's a bug or not.

I play with venice, the time is 1093 (grand campaign).

I want to retrain (for upgrade) my levy light cavalery in Venizia and retraining not works !

Turn after turn, I'm retraining this units and nothing appears on their figurines (no swords).

However, retraining works for infantery, Generals and family members.

I don't understand why.

Thanks for advance for your reply.
    Last edited by loet66; July 10, 2007 at 09:37 AM. Reason: some corrrections

Derfel's Avatar Laetus

Icon4 Cuman Archers free upkeep

SEGA\Medieval II Total War\PDER_v.0.3A_Beta\data\export_descr_unit.txt line 15047 Cuman Archers has an upkeep cost of 0 (zero)

stat_cost 1, 300, 0, 65, 50, 300, 4, 70
    I have just encountered a Byzantine army composed of about 5 of these, no wonder the Byzantine Empire is expanding

Happy gaming

loet66's Avatar Senator

Hi,

I have updated my previous post for a better comprehension.

Finally, retraining in Venezia works for my levy cavalery some turns later (around 1100), after the construction of an adequat building. So, I don't know if my reporting is interesting or not...

I'm sorry.

Thanks.
    Last edited by loet66; July 10, 2007 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derfel View Post
    export_descr_buildings.txt:

PDER Ver 0.3A: line 44467

PDER Ver 0.2 line 43714

My guess is that the line should be as in Ver 0.2

Happy gaming
    Yup, your guess is 100% correct! I was helping a fellow modder test something and forgot to delete that from the EDB. I'm attaching an updated EDB file for those who don't want to mess around with editing this file.

Quote Originally Posted by Champlain View Post
    Hello, I love the idea of the MOD the AOR is something I mentioned in a post to Repman for DLV MOD. The "bug" is this, as England I received a mission to conquer Dun Phir I think it was called, the first town in Scotland close to the border with England. I conquered it with an army from Lancaster,led by my Lancaster governer. After conquering I received a message saying that the mission was no longer necessary as it had been taken by a another faction.
    It gives my faction the conquest in the "totals" screen but does not recognize my faction for the mission. For fun I tried the process cq cheat as it tends to tell you if settlements are not linked properly and it came back as unrecognized, so perhaps Lancaster is not being recognized as English in one part of the code and recognized in another. Cheers! Andrew Marcinov
    Yeah, originally Lancaster was Manchester. The internal name remains the same, but the game displays Lancaster. I wasn't aware that it affected missions, but I'll definitely look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by andyt View Post
    i get to the loading screen for the campaign and playing as any faction the game quits. This is the english version
    Do me a favor - try starting up a campaign and posting your error log here.
    It should be in your logs\folder - entitled PDER.system.log.txt. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arfrisco View Post
    I cant build small churches. heres the info:

1. France
    2. Entire campaign so far

I can build small chapels but not small churches. I dont know why. Please help once you get back.
    Sorry about that arfrisco! For the fix, see above or grab the attached EDB and replace the bugged one with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Derfel View Post
    SEGA\Medieval II Total War\PDER_v.0.3A_Beta\data\export_descr_unit.txt line 15047 Cuman Archers has an upkeep cost of 0 (zero)

I have just encountered a Byzantine army composed of about 5 of these, no wonder the Byzantine Empire is expanding

Happy gaming
    Yeah, zero upkeep is no good, eh? I'll fix that in my next version! Thanks for taking the time to catch these. Really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by loet66 View Post
    Hi,

I have updated my previous post for a better comprehension.

Finally, retraining in Venezia works for my levy cavalery some turns later (around 1100), after the construction of an adequat building. So, I don't know if my reporting is interesting or not...

I'm sorry.

Thanks.
    Definitely interesting mate. Basically, you need the building that allows for the recruitment of the unit in order to retrain it. So that's why you couldn't retrain until you build that stables building.

Whew! Keep them coming if you spot them! Cheers!
    Last edited by Socal_infidel; July 10, 2007 at 06:54 PM.

izanagi11's Avatar Semisalis

I found these

1. missing cuman spearman from the merc unit_info.
    2. slave resource just east of Timbuktu is unreachable.
    3. ImpHatched trait, the text is blank
    Last edited by izanagi11; July 10, 2007 at 07:41 PM.

loet66's Avatar Senator

hI Socal_infidel,

Thanks for your comments : I understand my little mistake.

Very good mod !

Just a little thing : in my campaign, Scotland beats England, certainly a small bug (I'm joking, of course...).

Bye

(oups, I'm a Journeyman now, ouah...!)
    Last edited by loet66; July 10, 2007 at 08:31 PM. Reason: to become a Journeyman is an honour for me

Quote Originally Posted by loet66 View Post
    hI Socal_infidel,

Thanks for your comments : I understand my little mistake.

Very good mod !

Just a little thing : in my campaign, Scotland beats England, certainly a small bug (I'm joking, of course...).

Bye

(oups, I'm a Journeyman now, ouah...!)
    No worries!

A small bug indeed unless you're a Scotsman, eh? Seriously, I've seen Scotland wipe out England and England wipe out Scotland early on. I guess it all depends. Although, ideally I'd like for them to both last long enough to be real thorns in each other's sides!

Dogma75's Avatar Civis

Hi there!!

I encountered a few things in your latest version of PRO DEO ET REGE:

1) Slaves trade icon in the Timbuktu region is not useable.

2) Champagne region. All Trade resources there produce 0 Florin. I have to admit that i was there with a rank zero merchant.

3) In my Sicily campaign I am now at war with Byzantium empire. In several ranged combats between their horse archers and my muslim archers I recognized that the range of the horse archers is further then the range of my archers. Weird imho cauze the horse archers normally use a short bow??!!
    I also recognized against Byzantium that their peasent archers are a) far better then my "3-wings" muslims archers and their range is farther too.
    Maybe thats subjective but in every battle I loose nearly one third of my muslim archers before they shoot back

Hope you could relax on your short trip! Played your new version the whole weekend and the beginning of this week and I have to say its big time challenging for me. Also I can now understand why Hungary is so strong now as somebody in this thread here mentioned. Since 50 years in campaign there were only about 4 turns with hre at war and are allied with 7 or 8 christian nations. That makes a big political might block in the east.

Also the diplomatic AI is much better then in plain vanilla and most mods out there. For example the treacherous Venice faction backstabbed my empire and after a bloody battle where I lost 2/&3 of my army and Venice one of his generals and their heir they bought themselves into peace with huge sums of gold. I think the thread which my decimated army presented to their capital was imense....

Also the actions of the Pope are far better now. I think everybody still knows the "Go to peace with that nation" - missions from the in vanilla . And even if you only defended a besieged city you got excommunicated.
    Now if you hold your arms still and only defend your empire the attacking nation will be excommunicated with a 90 % chance. Since the new version there are at last 2 nations that are excommunicated in my game. Mostly England, France and HRE

Quote Originally Posted by Dogma75 View Post
    Hi there!!

2) Champagne region. All Trade resources there produce 0 Florin. I have to admit that i was there with a rank zero merchant.

3) In my Sicily campaign I am now at war with Byzantium empire. In several ranged combats between their horse archers and my muslim archers I recognized that the range of the horse archers is further then the range of my archers. Weird imho cauze the horse archers normally use a short bow??!!
    I also recognized against Byzantium that their peasent archers are a) far better then my "3-wings" muslims archers and their range is farther too.
    Maybe thats subjective but in every battle I loose nearly one third of my muslim archers before they shoot back

Hope you could relax on your short trip! Played your new version the whole weekend and the beginning of this week and I have to say its big time challenging for me. Also I can now understand why Hungary is so strong now as somebody in this thread here mentioned. Since 50 years in campaign there were only about 4 turns with hre at war and are allied with 7 or 8 christian nations. That makes a big political might block in the east.

Also the diplomatic AI is much better then in plain vanilla and most mods out there. For example the treacherous Venice faction backstabbed my empire and after a bloody battle where I lost 2/&3 of my army and Venice one of his generals and their heir they bought themselves into peace with huge sums of gold. I think the thread which my decimated army presented to their capital was imense....

Also the actions of the Pope are far better now. I think everybody still knows the "Go to peace with that nation" - missions from the in vanilla . And even if you only defended a besieged city you got excommunicated.
    Now if you hold your arms still and only defend your empire the attacking nation will be excommunicated with a 90 % chance. Since the new version there are at last 2 nations that are excommunicated in my game. Mostly England, France and HRE
    Thanks for the kind words as usual! I did indeed relax on my little vacation. Caught 31 bluefish and ate two of them the same night I caught 'em!

1] Hmm...I'll look into that. I don't think I placed any new resource down there, but I may have changed the passable ground type so you can't reach it.

2] I've seen this before, I think. Check and make sure your merchant doesn't have a "ServesSelfMerchant" trait. Some merchants get these if they're too far from home - they start stuffing their own coffers! I can tone down the likelihood of it occuring if it seems to happen too frequently.

3]

Hi there!!

Thanks for the kind words as usual! I did indeed relax on my little vacation. Caught 31 bluefish and ate two of them the same night I caught 'em!

1] Hmm...I'll look into that. I don't think I placed any new resource down there, but I may have changed the passable ground type so you can't reach it.

2] I've seen this before, I think. Check and make sure your merchant doesn't have a "ServesSelfMerchant" trait. Some merchants get these if they're too far from home - they start stuffing their own coffers! I can tone down the likelihood of it occuring if it seems to happen too frequently.

3] Yeah,

Hi there!!

3] Yeah, that

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast