Thread: Great Mod-questions and bug report

Default Great Mod-questions and bug report

Hey Damn good mod...1st off i was upset to not be able to play as Caesar in 77BC2 so i downloaded 1.2, 1st question when is 58BC:Caesar gonna be ready? i have time to beta test if you guys need it...2nd thing is a bug i know i should report this in the bugs and CTD post , but i wanna consilidate my post.... playing as Rome...the armies the Senate sends to you that spawn in asia minor , can not be controlled, they are there , but you can not use them... maybe this is intentional?The dates of objectives seems out of place...in 64BC the advisor says i have to fufill my goal by 65BC????its like this with all objective dates BTW...now for the big question... i would like to be able to as SPQR use Pontic legionaries... i went in and edited every file i thought possible , and even used the console to spawn them , but they end appearing as peasants, and when i load the battle it says "77bc/data/RTR/models_unit/textures/pontus_officer_heavystandard.tga" missing i assume it has to do with the aor or zor, i even tried adding "rtr pontic legionary" to the desc_mercs.txt list but still no luck...some help would be great!And i would also like to know how to add Marcus Antonius "Mark Antony" to Caesars Family tree in 1.2, so when i choose to take over as Caesar he will be a part of that faction... i know its Roman_Scipii, im just not sure on what to do... even if i have to overwrite the Lucius Julius character with an older age , that will be fine...sorry for the long post... keep it up guys, great work, and like i said i would love to beta 58BC

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Great Mod-questions and bug report

I'm sure SAlvor will tell you better, but I don't understand when you say you are playing with 1.2 version?
    why don't you use 2.0 version?
    are you sure you have loaded the script every time you loaded a savegame?

best regards.

ps: I'll contact you regarding the beta testing.

New version of all 77BC and 58BC can be found HERE

Hey, Empe. I am guessing that Marader wants to play the Caesar campaign so he is still using 1.2. There were some mistakes with dates in that version. I think that I fixed all of them but I have always been very bad with numbers, as you know . I hope that 2.0. "mission trait" is more helpful.

Marader, right now I am at work but as soon as I can go home I will give you some detailed instructions so that you can play with the Pontic legionnaries. Concerning the Senate reinforcements, if they fall out of the line-of-sight of a family member they might be impossible to control. But move a general near the stack and you will get control of them.

Thanks for the feedback

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

marader,

download version 2.0. it's so much better!

New version of all 77BC and 58BC can be found HERE

A quick modding tutorial on how to add the pontic legionnaries to your faction. All files to modify are in the 77bc\data folder.

Open the export_descr_units file. Look for rtr pontic legionnary. Quote the officer line, add romans_julii to the ownership and change the name of the soldier, like this:

Code:
    type             rtr pontic legionary
    dictionary       rtr_pontic_legionaries
    category         infantry
    class            heavy
    voice_type       Heavy_1
    soldier          pontic_legionary, 40, 0, 1.3
    ;officer          east_heavy_standard
    mount_effect     horse -2, camel -2,
    attributes       sea_faring,hide_forest,can_sap,hardy
    formation        1, 2, 2, 3, 5,square
    stat_health      1, 0
    stat_pri         10, 2, pilum, 35, 2, thrown, blade, piercing, spear, 15 , 1
    stat_pri_attr    prec,thrown,thrown ap
    stat_sec         10, 2, no, 0, 0, melee, simple, piercing, sword, 0 , 0.3
    stat_sec_attr    no
    stat_pri_armour  8, 14, 8, metal
    stat_sec_armour  0, 1, flesh
    stat_heat        2
    stat_ground      0, 0, -1, 1
    stat_mental      17, disciplined, highly_trained
    stat_charge_dist 30
    stat_fire_delay  0
    stat_food        60, 300
    stat_cost        2, 607, 331, 104, 112, 528
    ownership        pontus, romans_julii
    Now open descr_model_battle and add this paragraph at the bottom of the file:

Code:
    type				pontic_legionary
    skeleton			fs_javelinman, fs_s1_gladius
    indiv_range			40
    texture				romans_julii, 77bc/data/RTR/models_unit/textures/pontus_legionary.tga
    texture				pontus, 77bc/data/RTR/models_unit/textures/pontus_legionary.tga
    model_flexi_m			77bc/data/RTR/models_unit/rome_early_legionary_high.cas, 15
    model_flexi_m			77bc/data/RTR/models_unit/rome_early_legionary_med.cas, 30
    model_flexi_m			77bc/data/RTR/models_unit/rome_early_legionary_low.cas, 40
    model_flexi			77bc/data/RTR/models_unit/rome_early_legionary_lowest.cas, max
    model_sprite		pontus, 60.0, 77bc/data/RTR/sprites/armenia_roman_legionary_cohort_i_sprite.spr
    model_sprite		romans_julii, 60.0, 77bc/data/RTR/sprites/armenia_roman_legionary_cohort_i_sprite.spr
    model_tri			400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f
    To add the proper unit cards, open the UI\units_info\pontus folder and copy the file RTR_PONTIC_LEGIONARIES_INFO to the UI\units_info\romans_julii folder.

Do the same with the file #RTR_PONTIC_LEGIONARIES, copying it from UI\units\pontus to UI\units\romans_julii

If you want to add them as recruitable to the Roman barracks just let me know.

Thanks Salvor, that worked i originally did everything you said , except that paragraph in the descr_model_battle file, that was the key.you could tell me about the barrack recruitment if its quick...but i dont wanna waste your time, im sure your busy with personal life and your new project.Waiting to hear back from Empe, maybe i'll be joining the team.

That would be great! Concerning the recruitment, it is as easy as:

- Open export_descr_buildings.txt. Look for "barracks_roman". Scroll down to muster_field and add this:

recruit "roman legionary cohort i" 0 requires factions { romans_julii, } and hidden_resource aor_italy
    recruit "roman legionary cohort i" 0 requires factions { romans_julii, } and marian_reforms and hidden_resource unused
    recruit "rtr pontic legionary" 0 requires factions { romans_julii, } and hidden_resource aor_asia
    recruit "KA caesariani legionary" 0 requires factions { romans_scipii, } and hidden_resource aor_italy

The "and hidden_resource aor_asia" will limit the recruitment of this unit only to Asia. You can remove it or change for "aor_pontus"

Add the same in the "militia_barracks" section so that you can still recruit the unit after upgrading the building