Thread: CTD in Summer 234BC

Default CTD in Summer 234BC

I purchchase the RTW Gold Edition last year. Before building my new computer I transferred the files onto my portable hard drive. Prior to down loading RTR 6 - Platinum Edition to this drive I deleted my saved games. The game has run fine and I've played for the past week as the Roman Republic.

One point of note is that I have TWO shortcuts on my desktop; one for RTR and another for RTR BI Don't ask me why!

I have played as far as Summer 234BC and there's a CTD when I hit 'End Turn' The AI follows a few factions but as soon as Carthage - ironically enough - has gone through it's motions the CTD occurs.

Could I get any suggestions?

Thanks.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: CTD in Summer 234BC

This is the best place to ask your question, the other forum will only get you, 'Ask in the RTRPE' forum...you'll have to be a little patient the developers don't log on everyday....

Welcome to TWC...

Oh, other thread deleted...

Use the toggle_fow command and to reveal the whole map and see what exactly happens before the crush. It might give us a few ideas (or not ). Also, see if any of the cities are about to revolt. If so, try to stop them. This might be it. You can also try to play the AI turn with the fog turned of and press esc right before the game crushes. Save it and exit. Then load the saved game. It is a sleem chance though.

I don't think that checking the whole map is going to help. I have exact the same problem as Proletari (also Gold Edition, CTD at 234 B.C., also when AI Carthage is making/finishing it's turn). It's a million to one chance that we have the same empires, the same cities are revolting etc...

This problem can be reproduced by anyone very easily: Install a fresh copy of RTW Gold Edition, install RTR: Platinum Edition 1.9, start a new campaign game as Roman Republic, hit the 'End Turn' button until 234 B.C., watch the Carthaginians make there moves. Seconds later you'll be left with a CTD and a ruined savegame.

I'll try the save and exit trick, but I think we are left with just 2 options: Conquer the world with a Blitzkrieg, making sure you rule it before 234 B.C., or don't play as the Romans at all. I not sure which option sucks the most.

Well, I tried the escape and save trick tonight, but that won't help. I do have to correct myself: I noticed it is the year 224 B.C. on my game, not 234, like Proletari's.

At the moment of the CTD, the city of Cathargo seems to rebel. But when I toggle the FOW off, it seems to crash when 2 Seleucian armies (with FOW on not visible to me) join forces.

I tried cheats to capture Cathargo and to kill characters, but they don't work. Everywhere on the internet I see the same list of cheats for the Rome Shell, but with the exception of 'add_money' and 'toggle_fow', none of them work. I wonder if there's a list with commands for the CLI of Rome that actually do work.

I guess I'll (reluctantly) remove RTR and wait for a newer version. A random CTD with a mod this great is acceptable to me. Even less random CTD's are accepted (for example, I couldn't capture Arminium myself. After ramming the wall, a CTD occured when the first Roman soldier walked through the gate. It happended 3 times, so I let the computer solve the battle the 4th time). But when the game ends prematurely and unexpected, I see no point in playing it. I read this problem is not just confined to people playing as Romans, so I won't even give it try with another faction.

I do hope you guys get this sorted in a new version, since RTR is, imho, the best mod ever made...

I'm getting the exact same problem, when carthage taskes it turn in 262 bc the game crashes. Using 1.9 platinum, 4TPY and no landblocks mod and I'm playing as rome.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

did you add the EDB CTD fix ?

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Yeah, try to add the hotfix. It is pinned in the main RTRPE sub-forum. From what people report, it seems saved game compatible, but make backups just in case.