Thread: Camps and Baggage trains

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Default Camps and Baggage trains

Shot at 2007-07-09

After playing the historical battles and watching the 1989 film Henry V I started to think about camps and baggage trains and how they could be applied to the totalwar series. Camps could be used in a couple of ways, one would be during sieges that last over one turn. If an army is sieging a city or castle when they attack there would be pavilions and tents deployed on the battle field by the settlement. Another way camps could be used is during a pitched battle, when two armies meet there would be a camp deployed behind the battle line of the defenders if they where in the same place for one turn or more. It would be kind of like the French camp in the historical battle of Agincourt. Now the camps really wouldn't benefit the armies it would just add to the atmosphere, how can you not have a medieval battle with out pavilions all over the place.

Baggage trains on the other hand would be much different and would be like an agent or possible a unit itself and would deploy behind the battle line of the attacking army. Baggage trains would give you a reason to use ambushes as a possible target to destroy. You of course would get booty and plunder if you destroy a baggage train but if you lose your baggage train to an ambush or it is destroyed in enemy territory men will start to desert the army kind of like a crusade going wrong.

The good new is that Kingdoms will have new agents maybe just maybe we may get a baggage train type unit in the Crusade and America campaigns.

cheers
    Last edited by Kinjo; July 09, 2007 at 08:03 AM.

Default Re: Camps and Baggage trains

cool ideas, but i think its too late for CA to add any new idea to kingdoms.

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Default Re: Camps and Baggage trains

Quote Originally Posted by pat the magnificent View Post
    cool ideas, but i think its too late for CA to add any new idea to kingdoms.
    I'm not trying to get new features added to Kingdoms, its just my point of view how camps and baggage trains could be applied to totalwar games in general. Kingdoms does have 9 new agents however maybe one could be a baggage train highly unlikely though.