Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Total War at an End?

Default Total War at an End?

Do you think the Total War series will ever end? Or do you think it will just continue going on and on and on?

Salaam bros,
    Adnan

Default Re: Total War at an End?

It will keep going on and on and on until CarWars Total War appears then it will be over.
    TW_ruler

Wolfcp11's Avatar Senator

Oh, it will end. As will you, as will I, as will Microsoft, and as will Communist China.

But, it will not end soon.
    "Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit." -Oscar Wilde

It will stop, it cant really go into world war as they didnt stand up in lines and take shots firing at each other. Yet they could go into phrehistoric times and have cave men with t-rex's as elephant units in groups of 2 and sabetooth tigers in packs of 5 ridden by cavemen.

(before anyone calls me a idiot i know cavemen didnt ride on sabertooth tigers and i know dino's werent around at the same time as us, but im throwing ideas about!)

They could also expand into movies like lord of the rings total war, or starwars total war, the battle of naboo was done in a way which the total war way as was the battle at geinosis and they are the only army v army battle we see so im guessing they are all like it.

And fantasy, warhammer :s who am i kidding it could go on for ever if they wanted it to.

if they are going to go into the twentieth century and beyond they will have to rework the game engine and change how things worked
    kapow!

I like the idea with the cavemen!
    Samir
    the gods are good, only the priests are evil
    <Voltaire>

Quote Originally Posted by TW_ruler View Post
    It will keep going on and on and on until CarWars Total War appears then it will be over.
    That would be an awsome game.

Naked Emperor's Avatar Centenarius

They couldn't call it CarWars Total War...too cheesy. It would be called Autoduel Total war

antred's Avatar Senator

Icon6 Re: Total War at an End?

I don't see why everybody assumes subsequent TW releases have to deal with different epoches. Nothing stops them from simply making a new Rome 2: Total War. Myself, I'd love that!

Autoduel Totalwar... I can almost see it... The American manufactured cars would lose quickly, wouldn't they?

Grim Tales~ A Sweboz AAR

I don’t know if anyone remembers Car Wars but it was a real game (non-PC). Was a lot of fun too with many options for upgrading your vehicles with weapons. Dice and paper game with miniatures. Forget the inventors of that game but met them at a GENCON back in the 80’s. Also wasn’t there a game box type of game with dueling cars??? I want to say I actually played it once had a wicked IceCream truck that launched missiles or something. But the original CarWars was really fun. I could see the armies now in TW; 20 Chevy Vans loaded with heat seeking missiles in one stack against a stack of Porches equipped with scud missiles and 50 cal. Machineguns. Cool.

Anyway seriously if TW keeps upgrading and expanding the system they could conceivably never stop producing a new TW game. Eventually I would like to see them expand so we get the whole world map from 1030 to 1700 or so that would be the mother of all strategy games from a Total War perspective. Maybe one day they will see a market for such a game and make it.
    TW_ruler

Why wouldnt they do a Shogun II.

Or perhaps some thing to do with 1700 - 1900 period?
    “America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.”

-Abraham Lincoln

Anyone remember that game Commandos? Imagine that. Commandos: Total War. Alt + Click makes them sneak up behind the target and cut a big hole in their throat.

Or not.

im thinking a romance of the 3 kingdoms total war could happen (china total war)--- maybe they could revisit roman/ alexander times with the supra graphax of the futar.

I suspect the next few TW games will be set in a fantasy IP owned by CA; the series will change, but not end.
    Citizen under the patronage of Garb.
    Ex Administrator, Senior Moderator, and Content Editor.

Quote Originally Posted by OutOfFaze View Post
    Anyone remember that game Commandos? Imagine that. Commandos: Total War. Alt + Click makes them sneak up behind the target and cut a big hole in their throat.

Or not.
    That's a fun game, commandos. Its hard though.

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

I think it'll be around for a while. They could revisit Rome and Shogun. They could aim for Napoleonic era Europe. Or, maybe do something centered around North/Central America (French and Indian War, American Revolution, etc...)

They certainly will consider going back to Shogun and Rome, but I reckon a fair deal will come from the modder community.

Quote Originally Posted by antred View Post
    I don't see why everybody assumes subsequent TW releases have to deal with different epoches. Nothing stops them from simply making a new Rome 2: Total War. Myself, I'd love that!
    Thats what im hoping for the next total war game!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterAdnin View Post
    Do you think the Total War series will ever end? Or do you think it will just continue going on and on and on?

Salaam bros,
    Adnan

Eventually it will become Virtual War where you step into a room and actually ride into a VR world on a mechanical horse with VR wand in hand

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast