Thread: MOD Description ???

Atman's Avatar Libertus

Default MOD Description ???

looks interesting man, but why didn't you post any description???

I mean new people click on it, see 1) how to install 2) credits and that's it.

why should I try it if you're not even telling me what this mod does other than new Bohemia faction...

cheers

Sinuhet's Avatar Preparing for death

Default Re: MOD Description ???

Quote Originally Posted by Atman View Post
    looks interesting man, but why didn't you post any description???

I mean new people click on it, see 1) how to install 2) credits and that's it.

why should I try it if you're not even telling me what this mod does other than new Bohemia faction...

cheers
    Only question of time, man ..... Dont wait some low trick after downloading this thing. The mod is really there in the zip file ....

I have always underestimated the question of presenting my work in form of some huge advertisements. I think that it is sufficient to let know that this work exists and if it will be good, it will find a way to its users in the end. I want to attract some attention with relelasing such my work, but it is all. The features of the mod is very subjective thing anyway ...

It is true that it can be a bit unefficient as for the rapid expansion of my work compared to some other mods with own signatures etc., and also inconvenient for potential users a bit when they dont know what exactly they are downloading. But to be frank, you cannot trust to all things, which any modder will write about his mod, he is always biased....

Nevertheless, I prefer to put my free time to description of the important things like are credits and installation ... These are things, which are really important, not some great introduction in web .... I am only relaxing with all this in the end ....

To saturate your curiosity, I will copy two texts released already about this my mod:

It is a clone of the original Bohemia mini-mod project. The main aim was to implement the Bohemia faction. This project is going beyond this "new faction implementation" concept, however.

You will be challenged with original campaign AI including the newly developed diplomacy, with orientis traits and virtues implemented for 1.2 patch, with unique feelings of battles due to original battle mechanics and EDU balancing, and all this in the 900 turns (2 turns per year) of the campaign on the Spurius Big map with provinces layout based on the AnnoDomini mod. The burreks textures for European factions and whitewolfs for Byzantine Empire are included. The whole download is separated into 10 pieces - the mod is large due to the fact that the newly generated Music.dat file is also included with incorporated Czech/hussites-traditions-specific music for Bohemian faction in battles.

Many mods are claiming that they are quite original and you then play only a bit changed vanilla. But only this mod has so different battle AI and campaign AI compared to vanilla or any other mod .... Test it yourself ....
    Mod name: Mitteleuropa, a mod for MTW2 1.2+
    Mod creator/Mod team leaders: Sinuhet
    Mod team members: See the Readme included. This is a compilation of many other mods or their parts (however with high added-value by me as n compilator and "debugger" ...)

Mod Description (3-4 sentences): This a clone of the general platform called Bohemia mini-mod, which had the main aim to implement the Kingdom of Bohemia as a new faction into MTW2. This original project is in fact dead right now, but two mutually independent projects were derived from this platform of ideas - the first is "Bohemia Medieval Mod" developed by team of Czech modders lead by Methoz, with further expansion of the basic idea of implementing the Bohemia also on some other new factions and it is mainly "graphical stuff" orientated mod. The other project implementing primarily Kingdom of Bohemia into MTW2 is this presented mod, called "Mitteleuropa". It is going beyond implementation the new faction - Bohemia - in some other way: to enhance gameplay by as stable as possible compilation of mainly campaign and battle AI orientated mods according to my own tastes, and this all by modding primarily "coding stuff".

Permissions: Personal use only.
    Thanks for the interest in this mod, bye and dont take it too personally, I am only joking , bye Sinuhet
    My TW games "Battle Formations" projects:
    Sinuhet's ETW Formations v2.0 – for ETW
    Sinuhet's Battle Mechanics v5.0 – for MTW2
    Sinuhet's Battle Mechanics v3.0 – for MTW2
    Sinuhet's AI Battle Formations v7.0 – for RTW 1.5

In Patrocinivm Svb HorseArcher

Atman's Avatar Libertus

IMO what you quoted here is something you should include on the mod page, unless of course you want less people try out your mod

it would be nice to have a general idea about what to expect from "unique feelings of battles" --> i.e. are they slower/faster, realism/arcade, huge morale effects/little morale effects, etc.

Hi Atman!

With word unique I have meant different than vanilla or any other mod. An average user dont need to know all the theory behind it, because it wolud be the best way how to put such man into depression and bad mood .... You are using words, which appears that you know what to ask for, but believe me, to explain it all is something in order of days for very intelligent man ... I dont mean it badly, I dont want to be rude, but I dont have time to do explanations. I am glad that I "stole" some time on creating it ....

Nevertheless, by chance I can show you in relatively simple way what I mean with word "unique in battles" before you eventually download the whole mod. I have created today new battle mechanics, which still several times enhances the version 1.0, which is currently included in the Mitteleuropa. I suggest to all Players of the Mitteleuropa mod to download it and install it in the Bohemia/data subfolder. But for people like you, it is possible to download the small zip file too and try it with vanilla....

Now you can imagine that this "simple" thing I have implemented from the RTW platform in one day and tha the whole Mitteleuropa mod I have developed in order of weeks of netto time. It is very simple on the first sight, but very complicated as for the all things used and included .... And the best how to explain it altogether is to say that if you will play it sufficiently long, you will have a feeling that it is something unique compared to vanilla or any other mod ....

So briefely, you can try SBM version 2.0, before downloading the whole Mitteleuropa, where many other original things are implemented .... It is such indirect proof ...

Bye Sinuhet

Atman's Avatar Libertus

allright, I give up

you "don't have time for explanations", yet you give me 3 paragraphs of text, and still nothing clear. Lol.

but you got my curiosity. I'll give you my feedback once I'll try your battle mod.

see ya

Quote Originally Posted by Atman View Post
    allright, I give up

you "don't have time for explanations", yet you give me 3 paragraphs of text, and still nothing clear. Lol.

but you got my curiosity. I'll give you my feedback once I'll try your battle mod.

see ya
    As I have told. It is not simple the theory behind the battle AI. So, you are 100% right that I cannot give "anything clear" in 3 paragraphs. But one must take into account that these 3 paragraphs was such my polite saying "Sorry I am busy to talk with you about this topic right now".

If you are really interested in the more detailed info as for battle AI theory, I can give you several links to my old threads, which are describing the AI formations for RTW mainly, but there is also some info on MTW2 battle AI theory ....

relations between morale and pursue

limitations in MTW2 as for EDU tweaks of morale for recpective units

everybody is very happy that the suicide generals are fixed in MTW2, what is true however?

differences between RTW and MTW2 as for AI

about limitations of RTW AI formations

"default_melee_state" flag

what I mean with the 3rd generation of the AI formations

and as for RTW AI formations my whole subforum for the RTW AI formations generally, and also respective forum for Darth Vaders formations, including his Formations tutorial

The things are difficult to grasp, because thare is no documentation on this by CA, so everything in modding battle AI is only an empirical approach in fact ... I myself am continuously learning ... I have done several interesting findings last night during testing my new version of Battle Mechanics for MTW2 (I mean the version 3 .

So, nothing bad from my side, but things in TW games battle AI are a bit more different than everybody has been talking to you till yet ....

Bye and enjoy the game, Sinuhet