Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mapping Essentials-Thanks to Myrddraal

Default Mapping Essentials-Thanks to Myrddraal

Here we go:

Step one:- Making your Campaign folder.

There are a couple ways to do this. One is to download Alpaca’s Mod Folder, this is probably the best way to do things if you aren’t familiar with the mod switch.

The other option is to make your own mod folder. If you don’t know how to do this I would advise just using Alpaca’s.

Step two:- know the files

In your new mod folder you should find the following files in your Sega/Medieval 2 Total War/data/world/maps/base:

descr_distaters.txt
    descr_regions.txt
    descr_sounds_music_types.txt
    descr_terrain.txt
    map.rwm
    map_heights.hgt
    map_climates.tga
    map_heights.tga
    map_FE.tga
    map_features.tga
    map_fog.tga
    map_ground_types.tga
    map_roughness.tga
    map_trade_routes.tga
    water_surface.tga

In your new mod folder you should find the following files in your Sega/Medieval 2 Total War/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial campaign:

campaign_script.txt
    descr_events.txt
    descr_factions.xml
    descr_mercenaries
    descr_regions_and_settlement_name_lookup.txt
    descr_strat.txt
    descr_win_conditions.txt
    description.txt
    description_milan.txt
    description_sicily.txt
    description_venice.txt
    unlocked.txt
    disasters.tga
    map_aztecs.tga
    map_byzantium.tga
    map_denmark.tga
    map_egypt.tga
    map_england.tga
    map_FE.pnd
    map_france.tga
    map_hre.tga
    map_hungary.tga
    map_milan.tga
    map_mongols.tga
    map_moors.tga
    map_papal_states.tga
    map_poland.tga
    map_portugal.tga
    map_russia.tga
    map_scotland.tga
    map_sicily.tga
    map_spain.tga
    map_turks.tga
    map_venice.tga
    radar_map1.tga
    radar_map2.tga
    vc_byzantium.tga
    vc_denmark.tga
    vc_egypt.tga
    vc_england.tga
    vc_france.tga
    vc_hre.tga
    vc_hungary.tga
    vc_milan.tga
    vc_moors.tga
    vc_poland.tga
    vc_portugal.tga
    vc_russia.tga
    vc_scotland.tga
    vc_sicily.tga
    vc_spain.tga
    vc_turks.tga
    vc_venice.tga
    vcs_byzantium.tga
    vcs_denmark.tga
    vcs_egypt.tga
    vcs_england.tga
    vcs_france.tga
    vcs_hre.tga
    vcs_hungary.tga
    vcs_milan.tga
    vcs_moors.tga
    vcs_poland.tga
    vcs_portugal.tga
    vcs_russia.tga
    vcs_scotland.tga
    vcs_sicily.tga
    vcs_spain.tga
    vcs_turks.tga
    vcs_venice.tga

You should now delete:

map.rwm
    map_heights.hgt

(you don’t need to backup as they are just copies from the Imperial Campaign)

Text files:

descr_disasters.txt
    - contains a list of the possible disasters e.g. earthquakes and floods. We don’t need to edit this.

descr_events.txt
    - this contains a list of pre-defined events that happen in game.

descr_mercenaries.txt
    - This is where the availability of mercs in certain regions is determined. The pool is the overall area, the regions are the regions in this area, and the units are the units availiabe in the pool. We will need to edit this later.

descr_regions.txt
    - This is one of the most important files. When we later edit the file map_regions.txt, we will define the areas of the provinces using certain RGB values. In this text file, there is a list of all the provinces on the map. This list also contains info like the name of the region (no spaces but you can use _), the name of the settlement, the default cultures, the RGB value used to define this region in map_regions.tga, the resources available in that province, the triumph point value and the basic farm level. We will be editing this a lot.

descr_regions_and_settlement_name_lookup.txt
    - This should contain a list of all the names of provinces and towns as they are called in descr_regions.txt These aren’t the actual names as they will appear on the map, these are just references for the program.

descr_strat.txt
    - This is also one of the most important files. In this file, we choose the factions, set the start/end dates, position 3D models on the campmap (e.g. wonders and resources), allocate settlements to factions, set the buildings and place armies and family members. I go into the format of this a bit later.

descr_terrain.txt
    - This contains the info about the dimensions of the map.

Tga files:

disasters.tga
    - Contains the locations on the map for the different disasters. This should be the same size as map_regions.tga, which should have the dimensions stated in terrain.txt

Map_FACTION.tga
    - Where FACTION is the faction name. This is the image that appears when you select a faction to show what sections of the world it owns.

map_climates.tga
    - This is where you set the different climates for the world. There are 12 different vanilla climates some of which will become snowed during winter. To create custom climates follow this tutorial. Here

The 12 different climates are:
    Sub-Arctic - Dark Green RGB(0, 166, 81)
    Alpine - Green RGB(57, 181, 74)
    Highland - Light Green RGB(141, 198, 63)
    Swamp - Yellow RGB(255, 242, 0)
    Deep Temperate Forest - Light Orange RGB(247, 148, 29)
    Light Temperate Forest - Orange RGB(242, 101, 34)
    Infertile Temperate Grassland - Red RGB(237, 28, 36)
    Fertile Temperate Grassland - Dark Pink RGB(237, 20, 91)
    Mediterranean - Pink RGB(236, 0, 140)
    Semi-Arid - Blue RGB(0, 114, 188)
    Sandy Desert - Dark Purple RGB(102, 45, 145)
    Rocky Desert - Mauve RGB(146, 39, 143)

The dimensions of this file should be twice the size of map_regions.tga + 1 pixel

map_FE.tga
    - I’m not sure what this does, it appears to be a map of the world, but it doesn’t look like any of the radar screens.

map_features.tga
    - This is where you give the position of rivers volcanoes and cliffs. For rivers you define the source, the river and the crossings using different RGB values. Cliffs are just lines you cannot cross. This should be the same size as map_regions.tga, which should have the dimensions stated in terrain.txt

Here are the RGB values:
    River - Blue (0,0,255)
    Volcano - Red (255,0,0)
    Cliff - Yellow (255,255,0)
    River Crossing - Light Blue (0,255,255)
    River Source - White (255,255,255)

Rivers cannot go diagonally (i.e. from one pixel to the pixel down and to the right). They must go in steps (i.e. from one pixel, down one pixel, across one pixel). You cannot have a square of river (i.e. 2 by 2 pixels) and a river must have a source. You can have a river that splits, but it cannot re-join itself.

map_ground_types.tga
    - This is where you set the textures for your campaign map (i.e. Fertile, desert etc). There are 14 different ground types defined using different RGB values. The dimensions of this file should be twice the size of map_regions.tga + 1 pixel

The RGB values are:
    Fertile Low - Grey-Blue (0, 128, 128)
    Fertile Medium - Light Green (96, 160, 64)
    Fertile High - Olive (101, 124, 0)
    Wilderness - Black (0, 0, 0)
    Mountains High - Light Brown (196, 128, 128)
    Mountains Low - Brown (98, 65, 65)
    Hills - Olive-Brown (128, 128, 64)
    Forest Dense - Dark Green (0, 64, 0)
    Forest Sparse - Green (0, 128, 0)
    Swamp - Bright Green (0, 255, 128)
    Ocean - Dark Maroon (64, 0, 0)
    Sea Deep - Dark Red (128, 0, 0)
    Sea Shallow - Red (196, 0, 0)
    Beach - White (0, 0, 0)

map_heights.tga
    - This is where the 3D aspect of the campmap is determined.

Ground must be shades of gray (Red = Green = Blue i.e. RGB(100 100 100)). The lighter the shade of gray, the higher the point on the campmap.

Sea must be shades of blue (Blue = anything, Green = Red = 0). I think it is possible to use any shade of blue, but the existing campaign maps use RGB(0 0 253) so that’s a safe bet.

map_regions.tga
    - Probably the most important file. It should be the size shown in desr_terrain.txt

This is where the regions are defined. Each region has a different RGB value which is then stated in descry_regions.txt as I said earlier. Each province must have a town shown by a single black pixel RGB(0 0 0). This pixel must not touch another province. Ports are shows as a single white pixel RGB(255 255 255). These must be in contact with the sea. Ports are not necessary for the game to run.

Each province must at least a city. This pixel may not touch or corner a different province.
    single pixel with R:0 G:0 B:0

Ports are not necessary, even for coast provinces.
    single pixel with R:255 G:255 B:255

When making your map, remember these requirements.

Required landmass
    The engine requires a certain amount of landmass that is relative to the size of the campaign map. If that amount is not present than the campaign will crash before loading.

Jerome posted:

A few other caveats about regions:
    - they should be 'convex' (one landmass, no inaccessible areas)*
    - they should have only one settlement and only one port
    - all land tiles should be part of a known region
    - each non-sea region should contain at least some fertile tiles
    - continuous sea surfaces should form one region
    - the maximum number of regions supported is 200
    - the distance between the centres of any two adjacent regions should not exceed 50 tiles*

*: not doing these things shouldn't cause a crash, but it may cause the AI to mess up.

map_roughness
    - When it comes to this file, I am ignorant as to what it does, someone could help me out to finish this guide? I know that it has to be twice the size as map_regions.tga.

map_trade_routes.tga
    - I believe this is what determines the green dash marks that show where the trade routes run.

radar_map1.tga
    - This is the minimap for the campaign. It should be the same size as map_regions.tga

radar_map2.tga
    - This is the map shown during faction selection. It should be twice the size as regions.tga

water_surface.tga
    - This is a texture for the surface of the water, you won’t need to edit this.

__________________________________________________ _______________

Step 3:- Editing and adding new provinces (in detail)

This post seems very long, but reading it once is enough. Once you get the hang of it its easy.

This section of the guide can be a bit hard to follow as at some points you will have to do separate things if you are editing provinces or if you are adding a new province. The bits of this guide which are unique to editing provinces are in
    blue, and the bits which are unique to adding a new province are in red. Anything in black applies to both. Hope you can follow it:

Editing the size/shape of existing provinces / adding the shape of a new province to the map:

If all you want to do is edit the shape/size of a province, this section is enough. To add a new province completely you will have to do this section and the next sections.

There couldn’t be anything easier than editing existing provinces. Adding new provinces is a bit more complicated but the principles are the same. Open up map_regions.tga in a picture editor.

As you can see, the image consists of a different RGB value representing each province. Each province has a black dot in it. This is where the town in that province will appear. There is sometimes a white dot where ports will appear. Sea is represented by light blue RGB(41 140 233)

To edit a province simply use the colour of the province you want to edit and change the size and shape of the province.

Make sure you use the same RGB value as for the rest of the province, make sure you have at least one and no more than one black pixel RGB(0 0 0) where the town will be. Remember that this pixel cannot touch another province (it must be surrounded by pixels of the colour of the province). Be wary about changing the position of the town. If you place it in an invalid place (i.e. up a mountain) you will get an error. Ports are not strictly necessary even for coastal provinces. They must touch the sea.

To add a new region just choose a colour (make sure it’s a colour that hasn’’t been used yet) and draw in your province. Remember, each province need one and no more than one town (single black pixel), and remember the recommendations Jerome posted:

A few other caveats about regions:
    - they should be 'convex' (one landmass, no inaccessible areas)*
    - they should have only one settlement and only one port
    - all land tiles should be part of a known region
    - each non-sea region should contain at least some fertile tiles
    - continuous sea surfaces should form one region
    - the maximum number of regions supported is 200
    - the distance between the centres of any two adjacent regions should not exceed 50 tiles*

*: not doing these things shouldn't cause a crash, but it may cause the AI to mess up.

If all you’ve done is edit an existing province, make sure you have deleted map.rwm and run the game. The province should be edited. To add a new region carry on to Editing/Adding the culture and resources and stats of provinces step

Nothing new so far, and that should be fairly easy.
    Now for some extra info:

Editing / Adding the culture resources and stats of provinces:

To edit / add resources and cultures open up descr_regions.txt.

Here there should be a list of all the provinces on the map. The format for this list goes something like this:

Province_Name
    --------- Town_Name
    ---------Culture (Faction)
    ---------Culture (Rebels)
    ---------Red Green Blue values separated by spaces
    ---------Resources separated by commas
    ---------Triumph point value
    ---------Basic farm level

Now I’ll go through what each one does:

Changing the names of existing provinces as they appear on the campaign map is not done in this file. The names given here are just references for the program and as you can see contain no spaces (Though they may contain underscores). I’ll come back to editing names further on.

The cultures define how loyal the people will be to nations that govern them and how they will rebel.
    Culture (Faction) is the faction to which the people of this province will be most loyal too, i.e. england.
    Culture (Rebels) determines which rebel faction the people of the province will join if they rebel. A list of all the rebel factions can be found in rebel_factions_descr_enums.txt in the ‘data’ folder.

The RGB value is, as I have already said, the RGB value of that province in map_regions.tga. For editing existing provinces you shouldn’t edit this if you are editing an existing province.

The resources are separated by commas and spaces.. Here is a list of existing resources:

Normal resources:
    coal
    fish
    amber
    cotton
    furs
    gold
    marble
    ivory
    silver
    tobacco
    chocolate
    wool
    wine
    timber
    textiles
    sulfur
    sugar
    slaves
    silk
    grain
    dyes
    tin
    spices
    iron

Hidden resources
    Sparta
    (I'm not sure about the hidden resources)
    If you don’t want the province you are editing to have any resources, simply type ‘none’ here.

I don’t know what the triumph point value is.

The basic farm level is how good at farming this province is. The higher the basic farm level, the more money you will get from building farming buildings.

Here is an example province. Yours should look something like this:

London_Province
    ---------London
    ---------England
    ---------English_Rebels
    ---------177 170 58
    ---------none

To edit the cultures or resources just change the stats and saveTo add a new province go to the bottom of the list, and add a new province. Remember:

Province_Name
    ---------Town_Name
    ---------Culture (Faction)
    ---------Culture (Rebels)
    ---------Red Green Blue values separated by spaces
    ---------Resources separated by commas
    ---------Triumph point value
    ---------Basic farm level

Changing/adding the ownership, town level and buildings in a settlement,

This part of the guide contains a lot of ‘I think’ could someone please confirm what I’m saying, it will put my mind at rest.

Open up descr_strat.txt

As I said in the ‘Knowing the Files’ section, in this file it is possible to change the start/end dates, the playable/unplayable/unlockable factions. It is also possible to move around the 3D objects on the map such as the resources and the wonders of the world. It is also possible to change the armies, family members, agents and family tree of a faction. Most of these things will be self evident, but I’m going to skip them to get on to modding provinces.

Some of this will be self evident also, but I want to make this guide as simple to follow as possible so I’m going into detail:

Scroll down or search for:

;>>>> start of factions section

Here you should see a list of all the factions, within each faction area, there is a list of all the settlements, and then a list of all the family members and their armies, then a list of their agents, then a list of their ships and finally the info about their family tree. As I said, I’m going to concentrate on the settlements.

This is the basic format of a settlement (Note, the words in square brackets [] are my explanations:

settlement
    {
    ---------level
    ---------region

---------year_founded
    ---------population
    ---------settlement_tax
    ---------plan_set
    ---------faction_creator
    ---------building
    ---------{
    ------------------[This is where the list of the buildings go]
    ---------}
    }

The level is the size of the town, i.e. city or large_town. The possible values are:
    village
    town
    large_town
    city
    large_city
    huge_city

The region is simply the province in which the town is.

I don’t know what year_founded does. All the existing towns have 0 as the value here.

Population is the number of people. If you want your towns to be villiages, then they can have a huge population.

I think that with the settlement_tax, the higher the number, the more money you get from taxation (I think, but it seems that every existing town has a value of 51)

The plan_set is the layout of the town in battle.

The faction_creator determines the appearance of the town, i.e. the barbarian towns look different to the roman ones.

The list of buildings takes this format:

---------building
    ---------{
    ------------------Type [Type of building] [Name of building e.g. muster_field]
    ---------[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]}

The type of building is its category as in export_descr_buildings.txt in the ‘data’ folder. This includes:
    Core_buildings
    wooden_pallisade
    wooden_wall
    stone_wall
    large_stone_wall
    huge_stone_wall
    motte_and_bailey
    wooden_castle
    castle
    fortress
    citadel
    tower
    castle_tower
    equestrian
    barracks
    castle_barracks
    professional_military
    missiles
    siege
    castle_siege
    cannon
    castle_cannon
    urban_equestrian
    smith
    castle_smith
    port
    castle_port
    sea_trade
    admiralty
    market
    hinterland_roads
    hinterland_castle_roads
    hinterland_farms
    hinterland_mines
    hinterland_castle_mines
    health
    academic
    hospital
    temple_catholic
    temple_catholic_castle
    temple_orthodox
    temple_orthodox_castle
    temple_muslim
    temple_muslim_castle
    taverns
    city_hall
    art
    bullring
    bank
    paper
    icon_art
    music
    tourney
    castle_academic
    caravan
    temple_pagan

Guilds:
    guild_assassins_guild
    guild_assassins_muslim_guild
    guild_masons_guild
    guild_theologians_guild
    guild_merchants_guild
    guild_alchemists_guild
    guild_thiefs_guild
    guild_explorers_guild
    guild_swordsmiths_guild
    guild_templars_chapter_house
    guild_st_johns_chapter_house
    guild_teutonic_knights_chapter_house
    guild_knights_of_santiago_chapter_house
    guild_woodsmens_guild
    guild_horse_breeders_guild

The name is its name as in export_descr_buildings.txt
    To add another building just repeat this format. For example:

---------building
    ---------{
    ------------------Type barracks garrison_quarters
    ---------}
    ---------building
    ---------{
    ------------------Type core_building wooden_wall
    ---------}

To edit a province, just scroll down till you find it, or search for the name of the province it is in (e.g. North_America not Miccosukee), and change the stats. Save the file, make sure you’ve deleted map.rwm and run the game. To add a new province, find the faction you want to add it to (If you don’t want to give it to a faction add it to slaves) and scroll to the bottom of the list. Add your faction using the formatting I gave above:

settlement
    {
    ---------level
    ---------region

---------year_founded
    ---------population
    ---------settlement_tax
    ---------plan_set
    ---------faction_creator
    ---------building
    ---------{
    ------------------[This is where the list of the buildings go]
    ---------}
    }

Now there’s only one more thing to do before you’re province is playable.

Changing/adding the name of a province as it appears on the campmap

Open up my_campaign_regions_and_setlement_names.txt in the data\world/maps/imperial_campaign folder.

Here you should see a list of all the references used by the comp surrounded by curly brackets {} and then what appears on the campmap, no spaces.

e.g.
    {Miccosukee}Miccosukee
    To edit the name as it appear on the campmap simply edit the right hand column. To add your province at the bottom of the list add this (with your own names):

{my_province}My Province
    {my_town}My Town

Save and quit.

You’re new province should now be working. Make sure you’ve deleted map.rwm and run the game.

__________________________________________________ _______________

Section four: Resizing the campaign map (in detail)

Resizing your campaign map is a fairly easy procces. First, open up map_regions.tga. Resize the canvas to the dimensions you want.
    I recommend that you resize from the top right hand corner, as all measurements in descr_strat.txt are measured from the bottom left hand corner. If you want to resize in another direction, you will have to change all the co-ordinates in descr_strat.
    I recommend you fill this new area with sea colour. You can always edit it later.

Now take a note of the new dimensions (in pixels) of map_regions.tga.

Open up desc_terrain.txt. Here you should see the x and y dimensions of the map. These are the dimensions of the map_regions.tga. Edit these so that they match the size of your map. Save and Quit.

Now you have to edit these files:
    disasters.tga
    map_climates.tga
    map_features.tga
    map_ground_types.tga
    map_heights.tga
    map_regions.tga
    map_roughness.tga
    map_trade_routes.tga

You have to resize them to the right proportions. Remember to resize from the top right hand corner (i.e. add canvas to the top and right hand sides).

Remember the dimensions of the files:
    disasters.tga - The same size as map_regions.tga
    map_climates.tga - Twice the size of map_regions.tga + one pixel
    map_features.tga - The same size as map_regions.tga
    map_ground_types.tga - Twice the size of map_regions.tga + one pixel
    map_heights.tga - Twice the size as map_regions.tga + one pixel
    map_roughness - Twice the size as map_regions.tga.
    map_trade_routes.tga - The same size as map_regions.tga
    radar_map1.tga - The same size as map_regions.tga
    radar_map2.tga - Twice the size of regions.tga

As in map_regions, you should make this new area sea colour. This is not the same for every file, and some files do not require a specific colour for the sea. It should be easy enough for you to do.

Delete map.rmw, and run the game.

NB: A new map.rmw will be generated every time you run the campaign, you must delete it EVERY time. If a new one isn't generated, then it is pwrobably an error in the tga's.

I have merely changed some things for this to be better for M2TW and this is still a work in progress. Without Myrddraal this is not possible so everyone give him props for his work at the .ORG! Here

Vorge
    Last edited by Vorge; July 15, 2007 at 07:48 PM.

Did you like my post? If so + rep please

No, that isn't a banana

Default Re: Mapping Essentials-Thanks to Myrddraal

Great tutorial - but how can I add more road connections in an existing region?

memo to all: never use pure black (0 0 0) in the height.tga
    DarthMod Beta-Tester

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Quote Originally Posted by dm04 View Post
    memo to all: never use pure black (0 0 0) in the height.tga
    (0, 0, 0) is treated as water - as are all pixels with vanishing red and green values. Sometimes you need that very shallow water for your coastline so I wouldn't say "never use it", but "use it with care"

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

Please if someone could answer me this:
    - look when i edit the map, just expanding a region it crashes, i don't know why, i have deleted the map.rw and also checked all it says i shouldn't do.
    PLEASE someone help me
    "Proud to be a nationalist"
    "Bound to see the elimation of the Illuminati from this world"

Can someone make an editing fix:

Beach - White (0, 0, 0)

to

Beach - White (255,255,255)

I'm didn't realise someone had adapted this and I'm very glad to see that my original tutorial continues to be useful

A link to the original tut would be appreciated, thanks.
    RTW Multiplayer Campaign RELEASE - Download (Yes, its released and playable! Play in campaign mode across the net!) See some of the games being played here
    New version of: More than one turn per year for RTW (Change the number of turns in one year, more than one winter per year possible)

wilddog's Avatar Paintedwolves run free

Guess this should be added also. To remove those pesky little black rectangles that appear because of a high mixture of climates/ground types.

Basically you just need to correct the offending TGA. This needs to be replaced in the main data directory (not the mod one).

data\terrain\aerial_map\template_weights\weights3.tga

Its the 0,0,0 pixels in the bottom right just change to something with a higher value. (eg 9,9,9) and mix if you want. These files are used to mix in the different climates.

see

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=92172

Can someone explain to me why, when I try to test the campaign, it goes straight back to the main menu if I click start?

filip_f

hey holycrusade that was happen to me too! please anyone can help im still cannot adding new region and.... I got trouble in descr_sattlement and settlemnt_name_lookup and imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names
    and what tool and program i need ? anyone please please please help me....

Thanks for the tips, but I'm having trouble with my new map. I expanded the map further east I believe correctly but everytime I start a new campaign a ctd comes up with no explanation except that it encountered an error and will now exit. Ideas please?

In case this helps, the error happens I think when the game is trying to create the map.rwm, since I don't see it when it closes.
    Last edited by Imperator_Maximus; December 02, 2007 at 03:11 PM.
    I speak Latin to God, English to my friends, French to girls, German to my enemies, and Japanese to my PS2.

Creator of the Byzantine Enhancment Mod
    Version: 1.4

filip_f

Anyone please help me to add new region !!!!!!!!!!!!

So the only TGA file in the base sub folder I need to edit is the map_regions.tga? Also I'm not too clear on the:- 'Open up my_campaign_regions_and_setlement_names.txt in the data\world/maps/imperial_campaign folder.'
    There is a bin.string and a .txt file, are both required, and which folder do these files go into? In the kingdoms grand campaign mod, they are in the text folder?
    Last edited by Eothese; June 03, 2008 at 11:21 AM.

Been a while here, but I was extending the map and am now working on the Radar map to make it fit.... the problem is the scale is different than what you indicated. I am using retrofit, the map size was original 295x189. I just wanted farther east so my map size is currently 320x189. The original radar map 1 was 250 x 125 and taht worked just fine, now it's shifted to far to the east since I moved everything. But 250 x 125 is not any where close to the "size of map regions."

ED: Aha. It has to match map heights then be re-sized. I get it now.
    Last edited by SSJPabs; May 10, 2009 at 10:45 AM.

Vukodlak's Avatar Laetus

my_campaign_regions_and_setlement_names.txt

ok ive made a search on my entire disc and I dont have that file?!?
    ive unpacked all...the vanilla with kingdoms just last night sooo what gives?

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

You need the strings.bin convertor and Python 2.6 to get to the .txt files in the text folder.

Vukodlak's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    You need the strings.bin convertor and Python 2.6 to get to the .txt files in the text folder.
    Thank you for a quick reply...I figured that the problem was that I'm a .
    *snip*

Also once gotten the said program then what?
    Last edited by Vukodlak; April 26, 2011 at 04:24 PM. Reason: unnecesary redundancy

Install Python.
    Unpack the string.bin convertor.
    Copy the convert_all.bat and strings_bin_convertor.py into the text folder.
    Click convert_all.bat.

Vukodlak's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    Install Python.
    Unpack the string.bin convertor.
    Copy the convert_all.bat and strings_bin_convertor.py into the text folder.
    Click convert_all.bat.
    many thanks for the extra help

You're welcome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast