Thread: Of Pikes and Cavalry

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Default Of Pikes and Cavalry

Perhaps it is just myself...but does it seem to anyone else that perhaps the Pikes are a tad useless against cavalry considering their prominent role as cavalry deterent in the past???they are more like a blocker than a death dealer as they were so often in reality to the set charge of cavalry...and when they do block it seems as if they are little more than a brick wall which stops the charge instead of actually dealing any real damage...I would like to see something to the effect that the phalanx had in RTW,being when they hit the wall of bristling steel full throttle,there were more than a few twisted horses and unsaddled men when all dust had fallen away....hopefully there is a way to tweak this in the future so as to have a more effective line of defense when the cavalry does seek to end my barrage of musket fire

Default Re: Of Pikes and Cavalry

Are you using the pike fix? I am, and cavalry are rountinely raped by my pike militia.

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Pike fix???is it thew manual disabling of the sword???I am actually getting ready to do that,but if you know of something else,please do tell,for i do not REALLY want them to be without sidearm,but to perhaps use it a little less would be nice..but if it came down to it,i would rather them not have it than have them rendered to ill effect

Not much else I can recommend; I have tried most of the non-sidearm disabling fixes, and they don't work much better than vanilla.