Thread: New sub-forums for RTR Platinum at TWCenter Forums

Icon4 New sub-forums for RTR Platinum at TWCenter Forums

In an effort to help keep things organized, I have requested and been granted 2 new sub-forums here at the TWCenter Forums. These 2 new sub-forums are as follows...

Each of these new sub-forums are to an extent self-explanatory, but to assist in avoiding confusion, here is a quick idea of I intend each sub-forum to be used for.

RTR Platinum Mods and Add-ons - This area is to be used by others to post threads giving info and download links for any mods that are based on RTR Platinum, or any add-on mods for RTR Platinum. I intend this are to be where people can look for what is available to expand and/or change their in-game experience with RTR Platinum. Separate mods based on RTR Platinum can post a thread here, but please limit it to one thread only. If you need more room though, i.e. more threads, please request either your own sub-forum in the RTR Platinum Mods and Add-ons sub-forum, or your own separate forum entirely. I ask this so as to keep the area limited to mods and add-ons that are currently available for others to download.

RTR Platinum Support Area - This area is to be used for requests for help with installation problems, along with submitting bug reports with RTR Platinum. I intend this sub-forum as an area to report problems, along with finding solutions to common mistakes with installing RTR Platinum.

Over the next week or so, I'll be going through the threads of the main RTR Platinum forum, and be moving any of them to the new sub-forums as needed. As far as any posts for mods and add-ons, I will be contacting their teams via PM or posting to their thread, letting them know I can move their current thread to the new RTR Platinum Mods and Add-ons sub-forum, or they can start a new thread within the new RTR Platinum Mods and Add-ons sub-forum, which ever they wish.

To start things off, I have already moved my 3 add-on mods for RTR Platinum to the new RTR Platinum Mods and Add-ons sub-forum.
    Marcus Camillus

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: New sub-forums for RTR Platinum at TWCenter Forums

Very cool. Please feel free to move the ExRM thread (and the MMM thread, not that it gets used much ).
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

I`ve moved the Extended realism thread and the two MM threads I found.
    If the rest of you with mini mods would want their threads to be moved please post a link here and I`ll get to it the next time I pass by.
    Last edited by florin80; July 08, 2007 at 08:40 AM.

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

Thanks! Sorry, didn't mean to make you go digging.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

I was thinking maybe we should un-sticky this post, considering it's no longer really "news". :-)

Ok, if you want to, do it.

Quote Originally Posted by florin80 View Post
    Ok, if you want to, do it.
    I never did get my moderator skills back, florin my friend...

You mean powers. The skills can`t be lost, it`s like riding a bike.
    Well, the point is nobody is managing this sub-forum in particular. That and the fact that I enjoyed the "we" from your post.

You mean powers. The skills can`t be lost, it`s like riding a bike.
    Well, the point is nobody is managing this sub-forum in particular. That and the fact that I enjoyed the "we" from your post.
    Well, I still consider myself a member of this team (you, Marcus, and I), since we really set this entire mod up to begin with. Thus the "we". It doesn't matter anyway I guess, I just thought it was funny that the "new" forum arrangement was still stickied two years later.
    Last edited by Candelarius; May 09, 2009 at 08:17 AM.

Eat Meat Whale Meat
    Technical Staff Citizen took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

I've just heard rumours that RTR will be releasing mini-campaigns, with the first supposedly concentrating on Hamilcar Barca's campaigns in Iberia. Does anyone know when The Iberian Conflict will be out?

Quote Originally Posted by Candelarius View Post
    It doesn't matter anyway I guess, I just thought it was funny that the "new" forum arrangement was still stickied two years later.
    Well, apart from the new in the title which is indeed a continuous concept in this example, the thread was kept because it contains a short guideline for the add-ons subforum. That and there was nobody to edit or unpin it.

Well, apart from the new in the title which is indeed a continuous concept in this example, the thread was kept because it contains a short guideline for the add-ons subforum. That and there was nobody to edit or unpin it.
    I'm working on that part. Considering I was once the RTR site admin, I think it would be acceptable for me to have moderator powers in the RTRPE sub-forum. You should have those abilities, too, Florin. I'll mention that to MCM or whoever is in charge now. That way, we can keep this place in order!

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    I've just heard rumours that RTR will be releasing mini-campaigns, with the first supposedly concentrating on Hamilcar Barca's campaigns in Iberia. Does anyone know when The Iberian Conflict will be out?
    Erm, the Iberian Conflict is out dude. Check out the main RTR forum. They are working on another mini-campaign too. I'm hoping for the main campaign game some-day....

I`ll have to pass on that. I do stop by any now and then, but I don`t want any responsibility of any sort.

I`ll have to pass on that. I do stop by any now and then, but I don`t want any responsibility of any sort.
    I don't either...I just think somebody from the old order should have some sort of moderator/admin powers on this board. I'll take the responsibility of popping in once in awhile to clean things up a bit as long as you keep up your good work of tech support. RTRPE is still the best RTW mod around...at least until CA decides to stop messing around with muskets and create Rome Total War 2 for us.

EDIT:
    Nah, you're probably right. I've noticed I'm the only person that has even posted in this sub-forum since Saturday. Still, it's good to be playing RTRPE again. I've also been playing around with Roma Surrectum, too, which is pretty nifty. I've been out of the Rome Total War loop for a long time!
    Last edited by Candelarius; May 11, 2009 at 10:52 PM.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Candel. Are you still interested in modding M2TW ?

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook