Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Official Screenshots

Default Official Screenshots

I want to start a thread to show every day one screenshot of hight quality from our mod ...
    here we go ...
    1) unit involved ( Milidhi heroes , Irish heavy footmen and Italian mercenaries )

+more info= almost all the irish army is made of unique units , so was alot of skinning works , they have 3 unique lmail-hmail ( when in vanilla MTW there was basically 1 for ALL the factions !! ) and 2 peasants padded skins . The italian mercenaries are one of the unique mercenary units added , i felt that was important to add some characteristic mercenary unit because they were so important in the middle ages ...italian mercenaries will be historically recruitable even outside of italy , in Burgundy and Aragon for example ( otherwise you will have to conquest a part of italy to have them and that will be ridicolous ).

Last edited by Fra70; July 07, 2007 at 02:49 PM.

Default Re: Official Screenshots

Burgundian Knights and Swiss Halbeards .... a classic ... well there are some burgundian pikemen too but are almost all dead

i felt obbligatory to add the swiss halbeards to the game ...i would have loved also to insert swiss as an emergent faction but its really too late in the game and we have been already forced to eliminate some other interesting factions ... so will be for another time ...anyway the swiss halbeards are there as mercenaries , recruitable in north italy , south france and switzerland of course . The Burgundian army rely alot on mercenaries , they have a special access to them in their territories , that include english longbowmen , 2 italian units and others . Burgundy dont have alot of "characteristic" units since they relied mainly on knights , guns and mercenaries but surely they have very ornate textures .
    Last edited by Fra70; July 07, 2007 at 02:54 PM.

Armenian Nakharars and Kipchaks infantry at close range ...

Kipchaks/Cumans have of course alot of lights units but also few "restricted" heavy ones ( with restricted i mean that the kipchak player will be able to field very few heavy infantry for every city/castle ) ... i think they will be one of the most difficult factions to play because when getting hand to hand they have some disadvantages against the other factions . The texture for the cuman infantry arrive from a real leather mongol vest .
    The Armenians are somewhat similat but more heavier and with more "elite" units , however they will have big strategic problems to survive to field them , the texture for the horse is made with caucasian carpets ...
    Last edited by Fra70; July 07, 2007 at 03:01 PM.

And another classic ...Siculo-Normans against Byzantines

Byzantium was treated very bad in vanilla M2TW regarding textures ...basically they are all on 2 files !!! ive begun to add few new ones but i feel that another will be necessary to give them some variety ... For the siculo-normans i thought to make just few changes mainly adding colours to normans helms ...for the rest burrek textures and TLR shields are more than excellent .

Last edited by Fra70; July 07, 2007 at 03:05 PM.

Give us some Campaign Map pics aswell
    Please.

Good pics

Late flemish pikemen against Imperial Knights ...

here two units im very proud of , the empire knights with the eagle on the chest and the flemish pikemen . The Imperial knights were so "sad" in their black/yellow standard dress , and looking on books ive saw that german knights werent less colorful than their southern counterparts so i painted them more brighter skins ... regarding the flemish pikemen i wanted to use my loved "celata" helm for some european units ( i gave that to late men at arms and i think i will give it to the late bodyguards of england too ) , so ive chosen the flemish pikemen ( late version ) since they fought in the rose's war and in northern europe as well .

Last edited by Fra70; July 07, 2007 at 03:12 PM.

a Teutonic charge ...

I know that some "purists" dont love the insertion of the teutonic knights ... but i feel that they are the icon of the middle ages and they fought in 3 of the most important battles of the era ... and they are fascinating too ... here you see some dismounted knights ( so few and so expensive !! ) but they have their followers of lesser troops too ... to change a bit from the black cross i added the symbol of the order of "cavalieri portaspada ( dont ask me that in english !! ) " because they fought with them in the baltic after having being assimilated by the more powerful order .

Last edited by Fra70; July 07, 2007 at 03:17 PM.

IrAr's Avatar Senator

I am amazed by those screens!

Member of Anno Domini: Italia Invicta
    This makes me a happy half armenian panda--John I Tzimisces

7) Some irish Guardsmen against english late men at arms

The late men at arm appear at the end of 1400 , they can be rich peoples in full plate or in brigantine usually armed with a poleaxe or a short halbeard ... they are NOT Knights but surely good and expert infantrymen , they are for England , Hre and Milan . Irish guardsmen are skinned with simple geometric drawings that were common in the period ... hope you like the new blood effect from burrek ... much better than the "tomato" one of vanilla M2TW ( i talk bad of M2TW but i think is an AWESOME game )

Last edited by Fra70; July 07, 2007 at 03:25 PM.

Great shots

Who is that guy in the middle? Is he some sort of captain, or is he just using his secondary weapon?

hes a "oath's Friend" , an elite unit

Spanish Conquistadores Vs moors infantrymen

The bright colours of islamic factions are horrendous ...expecially the orange of the moors ... so i wanted to change a bit moors textures ... here i added a quilted vest or a ligt leather one ... i felt there was no need to change more .
    For the conquistadores i thought that the shiny armours werent neither nice or realistic , ive saw on many illustrations that they darkened them with fire to make them more resistent to atmospheric agents , expecially in south america ... and i think its cool to see anyway .

Last edited by Fra70; July 07, 2007 at 03:29 PM.

Great screens! The last one seems very authentic.

Tuscan Knights against armenians Royal Guard and Azats

The tuscan knights skin is my first one and make them the cocky bombastic unit they are !! Armenian units use many different textures , unfortunatly russian meshes use just 1 body texture and not 3 like the others ...so their units look a bit more plain than the others ... luckily they use different shields , helms and arms .

Last edited by Fra70; July 07, 2007 at 07:26 PM.

Kipchaks heavy infantry , kipchaks horse archers and kipchaks javelinmen

Its not easy to make always different textures... ive sacked internet for new textures ... and somethimes you droll when you find some excellent like that scale armour .. but i love also the realism of cuman peasant padded ( 3 just for them !! ) ... of which one was made by sirpaladin

Last edited by Fra70; July 07, 2007 at 03:37 PM.

Burgundian knights and Hre armoured axemen

On the Hre armoured axemen i simulated a plate on a dress ... really it dont show like a dress in battle so it was a good experiment .. the idea to make an infantry unit with an axe was from the many illustrations that said that the axe was a weapon very common in germany ...so ...

Last edited by Fra70; July 07, 2007 at 03:40 PM.

Very nice pitures indeed.

I see that you have created yourself an avatar.
    I like it, its has very happy colours

THIEF !!!! lol

Armenian Kentrakon Gund and Georgian riders ...

i hope you like the new chainmail ...i cant stand vanilla chainmail ...its seem everything except a chainmail !! you see kentrakon gund on the right and kentrakon gund ug1 ...on the ground ...

IrAr's Avatar Senator

Blast! I cannot rep you, Fra.

Member of Anno Domini: Italia Invicta
    This makes me a happy half armenian panda--John I Tzimisces

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast