Thread: Error when Editing the map. Need help

SorelusImperion's Avatar Vicarius

Default Error when Editing the map. Need help

I have encountered a problem wich I have been unable to solve yet. After trying to edit the borders of some provinces I get a CTD as soon as I try to start the campaign.
    Afte taking a look at the map again and reading all available turtorials I still can't find the reason for the CTDs. I have mad sure that each province has a city, each city is sorrounded by pixels in it's province's RGB value etc. etc. ...

I have tried to edit with a test version of Photoshop as well as MSPaint (converting the BMP back into TGA after the edits were done)... All I did was editing the shape of the provinces to alter the borders making it more "historical" no new province was added nor were any changes done in the text files.

If needed I could post a screenshot of the map...

I would apreciate any help I could get.

Default Re: Error when Editing the map. Need help

Did you move cities around? As you may have placed a city on a resource or river. A screenshot of the map would be nice. But make sure no resources or rivers are in the way of your city.

Vorge

Did you like my post? If so + rep please

I have moved the city in Estonia but I have already checked it and even without moving that city I got my CTD

Can you post the regions_map.tga for me to download? If you can then I'll load it up and see how it works. I can't use the Jpeg cause of bleading... even a .bmp would be better.

Here are both TGA and bmp versions

Hrmm... did you add those extra regions by hand? Or are you using a mod. I saw you said yo udidn't mess with any settlements but I was just wondering. Also are you positive you used the right color on each of the settlements you messed with? Make sure there isn't any bleeding into the black or white tiles. If so they will come up as an unkown color.

Vorge

I used the map of Anno Domini as base and I was very carefull to use the original colours knowing that even the smallest difference in the RGB value can cause errors.

Not sure about "bleeding"... I don't know the term but I guess you mean the effect of mixing colours and getting a different RGB. I observed something like this in another program tried to use but neither in Photoshop nor MSPaint.

When converting the file to bmp and re-converting it to TGA there is no CTD but the Campaign won't start and the game will be (more or less) stuck in the main menu.

Ah. So you go into the main menu and select grand campaign. you select a faction and select start and it crashes back to the part when you select Grand Campaing? If so its an error in the descr_strat, most likeyly

hmm...
    I tried the map with the 1.1 patch of Medieval and strangely enough it works ... so I guess it has something to do with the changes made by the patch.