Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Medieval Classic 11.0 Early Era through Late Era Grand Campaign Released!

Default Medieval Classic 11.0 Early Era through Late Era Grand Campaign Released!

Medieval Classic 11.0

Only compatible with 1.2 patch

Changes from 10.0:

Now contains Grand campaign, starting in early era, that runs through to the end of the late era, all units and techs will match eras, high era units become available in 1205, and late era units become available in 1317, with events triggering this.
    PERFECTLY accurate starting positions that perfectly match mtw1's! Not one inaccuracy!
    Battle narrators from mtw1! All mtw2 narrators removed, and replaced with mtw1's!
    New faction symbols, including the proper symbols for swiss, aragon, lithuania, volga bulgar, and cicilian armenia thanks to Alletun!
    Most regions renamed to what they were in mtw1!
    Settings now stay the same after turning game off to the way you had them.

Medieval Classic full list of campaign changes:

Perfectly accurate starting positions that match mtw1!
    All technologies are divided into eras, early, high, and late. Matches mtw1.
    All factions renamed to what they were in mtw1.
    Portugal replaced by Aragon.
    Milan replaced with Swiss.
    Lithuania added in.
    Cicilian Armenia added in.
    Rebels can be taken prisoner.
    A new mercenary system, that enables all mercenaries to be recruited in all regions, thus a character can recruit swiss pikemen in egypt, etc...
    Venice is now the Italian faction, representing a unified italy.

Units added to the following factions to recruit on the campaign map:
    Egypt: Ghazi Infantry, Kwarizmian Cavalry, Bedouin Camel Warriors, Arquebusiers, Pavise Arbalesters.
    Turks: Armenian Heavy Cavalry, Kwarizmian Cavalry, Arquebusiers.
    Almohads: Arquebusiers, Pavise Arbalesters.
    Spain: Lancers, Feudal Men at Arms, conquistadors and dismounted conquistadors, Pikemen, Armored Halberdiers.
    England: Chivalric Knights, Feudal Men At Arms, Chivalric Sergeants, Feudal Sergeants, Pikemen, Pavise Arbalesters, Armored Halberdiers.
    France: Armored Halberdiers, Pavise Arbalesters, Feudal Men at arms.
    Germans: Knights Hospitaller, Chivalric Knights, Armoured Halberdiers, Pikemen. Feudal Men at arms.
    Swiss(milan): Swiss Pikemen, Swiss Armoured Pikemen, Swiss Halberdiers, feudal men at arms.
    Hungary: Pavise Arbalesters, Pikemen, feudal men at arms.
    Poland: Pavise Arbalesters, Pikemen, Feudal Men at arms.
    Aragon(portugal): Lancers, Armoured Halberdiers, Feudal Men at Arms.
    Russia: Armoured Halberdiers, Pikemen, Feudal Men at arms, Bulgarian Brigands, Pavise Arbalesters, Steppe Cavalry.
    Denmark: Pavise Arbalesters.
    Lithuanians: Boyars, Foot Boyars, Lithuanian Cavalry, Lithuanian Archers, mongol bodyguard.
    Italians(venice): Hospitaller Knights, Pavise Arbalesters, Armoured Halberdiers, Pikemen, Feudal Men at Arms.
    Sicily: Feudal Men at Arms.
    Mongols: Arquebusiers.
    Byzantine Empire: Arquebusiers, Pavise Arbalesters.

Musketeers, and elephants disabled. And varangian guards no longer are recruitble once the year turns 1317!

Battle System Changes:

A) Melees last way longer! Defense skill has been drastically increased, and hit ratios decreased! Expect long melee fights!
    B) Pikes and halberds no longer use phalanx, or secondary weapons, they are now balanced, fun to use, mobile, offensive as well as defensive, better against cavalry, the AI performs better with them.
    C) All missile stats match mtw1's, thus the following:
    all archers have the lowest range, 120, crossbows have higher range than archers, pavise crossbows have higher range than crossbows, arbalesters higher than pavise crossbows, and pavise arbalesters higher than arbalesters.
    But English longbowmen have the highest range out of all of them.
    D) Realistic Morale System, I have implimented chain routs, that were present in mtw1, no more seeing units fight to the death, they no run if they are not elite!
    E) Cavalry no longer is able to spam the field, they do not kill entire units in one charge.
    Now cavalry uses a slam-engage-melee system.
    Illustration: Feudal Knights charge Feudal Foot Knights, in the charge they kill about 8-12 soldiers, then melee begins...since the knights mounted are considered superior, they will defeat the dismounted feudal knights in melee, but not by too much. So elite cavalry are much better in melee to balance their weakened charge.
    However, if a non elite cavalry engage elite infantry in melee, they will lose to the infantry.
    And no matter what, pikes, halberds, and polearms will always destroy elite cavalry.
    F) Elite units will EASILY destroy non elites, unlike in vanilla.
    Example: Dismounted feudal knights in melee with spear militia, will kill the spear militia withotu even losing more than 2 casualties, as it should be.

Basically, elites are needed to defeat elites!

Other Changes:
    This mod uses Dearmad's BBB Title and Traits mod.
    New unit Armoured Halberdiers, that match mtw1's, thanks to Serious Samarai!
    Rebels can be taken prisoner.
    All units renamed to match mtw1's units. LOTS of good stuff!
    Renamed regions, and factions to match mtw1's.
    And lots more.

To install, download from here...
    http://files.filefront.com/MtwClassi.../fileinfo.html

And then extract the files to your main mtw2 directory, then use the batch file to run the mod.

Right now, I do not have the high or late era campaign to start out in, that will come very very soon. But early era goes all the way through and enters the eras like they did in mtw1.

Enjoy!

Regards, Ramtha

ATTENTION!!!: I forgot to fix the campaign voices, from a previous mod.
    They used mongolian accents, this was a mistake.
    Download this to get the regular accents, the proper accents:
    http://files.filefront.com/quickfixr.../fileinfo.html

extract the file from it to your main mtw2 directory, it will overwrite everything accordingly.
    Last edited by Axe-Battler; July 07, 2007 at 04:05 AM.
    Original Creator of Renaissance Total War (MTW2)
    Creator of Medieval Classic (MTW2)
    Maker of Instant Tech Mod (ETW)
    Maker of Infinite Money Campaign (ETW)
    Maker of Blockbuster Music Mod (ETW):
    http://www.2shared.com/file/5209733/...Music_Mod.html
    A Top Contributor of the Downloads Section
    Under the Patronage of Selenius4tsd

Default Re: Medieval Classic 11.0 Early Era through Late Era Grand Campaign Released!

Now that sounds really promising.

However, there´s one thing:
    Swiss(milan): Swiss Pikemen, Swiss Armoured Pikemen, Swiss Halberdiers
    Do these units now actually match the description? In the previous version, the Armoured Pikemen used a Halberdier (Swiss Guard?) model and the Swiss Halberdiers used a Spearmen model, is that fixed by now?
    Life is a sequence of missed opportunities

Default Re: Medieval Classic 11.0 Early Era through Late Era Grand Campaign Released!

Campaign voices....I am a bit confused. Is your fix just for the Mongols, or everyone? I started up a game and noticed that none of my units "talk" when selected. Is that what the fix is for? I hesitate to install anything over my vanilla directory.

Do these units now actually match the description? In the previous version, the Armoured Pikemen used a Halberdier (Swiss Guard?) model and the Swiss Halberdiers used a Spearmen model, is that fixed by now?
    just temporarily using...

swiss armoured pikemen - swiss guard
    swiss pikemen - real swiss pikemen
    swiss halberdiers - papal guard(spear unit but I made the elite)

Until I an get the real deal for swiss armoured and swiss halberdier.

Campaign voices....I am a bit confused. Is your fix just for the Mongols, or everyone? I started up a game and noticed that none of my units "talk" when selected. Is that what the fix is for? I hesitate to install anything over my vanilla directory.
    I had lost the link to the quickfix for that, I just fixed it, see the bottom of the first post for the voices fix.
    Last edited by Axe-Battler; July 07, 2007 at 04:07 AM.

Hellmut34's Avatar Miles

Will download and give a verdict this weekend.

Sounds Great Ramtha! (o nostalgic one )

Hmm installed...........CTD everytime at start of campaign.

Now then, i used to be able to play V10 whilst Stainless steel was also sitting in the mtw2 folder no probs.

Both mods have seperate folders which are activated by their own bat files.
    Is there now a conflict here? if so how come V10 played ok under the same circumstances.
    Help!
    Last edited by Hellmut34; July 09, 2007 at 05:32 PM.

A little maiming never hurt anybody

you have 1.2 patch installed yes?

Then, make sure all files from the rar go into the mtw2 folder, and not data.

Then make sure you have no modded files in your data folder!!!

and other than that, I'm not sure what could be wrong.

Laetus

start_date 1087 summer
    end_date 1205 winter
    timescale 1.00
    hi how come runs through to the end of the late era, game will end in 1205 , could u explain plz

oh...wow...I forgot about that.

Will make a quickfix right away.

http://files.filefront.com/mtwclassi.../fileinfo.html

download, then extract the file to your main mtw2 directory...it will overwrite the appropriate files.

Hellmut34's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Ramtha View Post
    you have 1.2 patch installed yes?

Then, make sure all files from the rar go into the mtw2 folder, and not data.

Then make sure you have no modded files in your data folder!!!

and other than that, I'm not sure what could be wrong.
    Yes i do have 1.2 (needed it for ss3.2)

I can't see anywhere ss3.2 changed the data files within the original (has it's own like yours)

V10 works fine (uninstalled it for this)

Maybe i will reinstall mtw2 and create a copy of it 1 for King kongs and 1 for yours, if you think i can get around it without doing this let me know.

Cheers

A little maiming never hurt anybody

I have one problem with this mod : I can't start a campaign with the swiss (which is quite ironic because I came to this mod for this very faction). Everytime I click on "start" on the faction selection screen I get an "unexpected error" popup. My install is clean 1.2 + your mod.

I am no moding expert but scanning through the descr.strat.txt I can't find an entry for milan - besides the playable list - nor for the swiss. Maybe it explains the error.

actually I'm an idiot Sine Nomine...

When I made 11.0, I made it based on the early era, which for more mtw1 accuracy, I took the swiss out of the early era campaign...but I forgot to take them out of the descr_strat playable factions list.

I apologize for this confusion and let down.

In my next release, I will include the high and late era, and the swiss will be brought back into the late era!

Very good idea! Sort of why/how I never really got into MII TW yet.
    "Run to the rescue with love and peace will follow"

Ok, this was rather weird to play the swiss before 1291 .

Guess I'll wait your next version.

cool mod, although unintentionally i assume, the game is more historically accurate. Bonus points
    Last edited by Hells Bells; July 12, 2007 at 07:52 PM.

Methoz's Avatar Senator
    Bohemia (Czech: Čechy; German: Böhmen) (CZE)

very well... any map? and where is Bohemia
    TotalWarForum.cz
    Česko-Slovenské fórum o hrách ze série Total War

Cicilian Armenia added in
    cilician armenia gives a ctd when chosen in the selection screen, and doesnt show up in the grand campaign otherwise. other factions work fine though.

Quote Originally Posted by Methoz View Post
    very well... any map? and where is Bohemia
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiàhóu XiangLong View Post
    cilician armenia gives a ctd when chosen in the selection screen, and doesnt show up in the grand campaign otherwise. other factions work fine though.
    I am sorry, I am still worrying about how I am going to manage this mod. I am not sure wht might be causing the CTD yet, I will have a look at it, buttheres only so much I can do without a coder. As for the map, I shall upload a pic soon.
    Roma Surrectum - Beta Tester and Artist Co-Ordinator
    Under the Patronage of happyho

i cant download this mod? Is the link still right cause it links to nowhere

Errabundi's Avatar Miles

That's cool! I'll give it a try once I got back home I loved MTW1 and I am quite dissapionted with MTW2...
    So finally I bought Total War: Rome 2. Regarding I payed 7.5$ for it, it's not a bad game at all!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast