Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Traits and ancillaries

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Traits and ancillaries

Want to help out?? post ideas for T&A here, if we like em we'll use em...

Eg;

Lycans..
    Vegetarian= This Lycan loves his greens; -moral
    Got an itch= Fleas are the bane of Lycan society -moral
    Going round in circles=This Lycan loves to chase his tail +moral -trade

vamps
    ability to change shape = spying and movement again - fertility?*
    mind control = management and law (finally one on that side)

Default Re: Traits and ancillaries

human
    humane=he cares for his people with deep sympathy-law

religious appointment= the church appointed him a fit general for his strong beliefs- plus law

scared of the dark= sleeps with a night light-negative battle star

terrorist= he does not follow the rules of war- plus battle star

fascist= rules with a iron fist- plus law and battle star

capitalist= money before people- plus trade

communist= all are equal- management

(tell me if you pick some of mine )

I like the "scared of the dark" - that could also make a good ironic one for the vamps as well

Might get Halie to explain a bit more what human faction is about, they should be a bit more than just 'normal' humans. There is some info about them in the faction overview thread...

human
    garlic breath=avid garlic eater- bonus when fighting against vampires

lycan
    rabies= foams in the mouth- bonus when fighting against humans

vampire
    bone thin= his figure resembles a pencil- greater chance of dieing in battle

Might get Halie to explain a bit more what human faction is about, they should be a bit more than just 'normal' humans. There is some info about them in the faction overview thread
    i read the humans like religous zeoliots so i thought the religous apointment would be a suitable one
    Last edited by yourefired; June 30, 2007 at 03:02 PM. Reason: forgot to add something

LOL yes, we were thinking of Garlic as a possible trade resource! So garlic breath ties in well...

And rabies / rabid I like - could be a bonus or negative (insane general) :hmmm:

i read the humans like religous zeoliots so i thought the religous apointment would be a suitable one
    yeah well there is religion in it - they are mystics etc.. I was thinking cult or sect more than church (but I'm not always on right wavelength anyway - I'm the technical not creative side...)

you seem to be starting to think like the EoD team! (a little bit silly )

would be cool if my name was included in the credit list

yeah we'll look back over everything we've used and have a credits section for people who came up with useful ideas

(I'm trying to remember to give rep as well for the good ones - so come on people....)

Vampire or Lycan

Hybrid= Half-Vampire and half-Lycan but stronger than both.
    Plus battle star(s) and or add Hitpoint(s) to General Unit on battlefield.

Human

Knight of The Holy Order= Sworn to protect mankind from the evil abominations that walk the earth.
    Plus battle star(s) and or add Hitpoint(s) to General Unit on battlefield.

has someone been watching underworld? .............haha, ive seen it too.

but surely a hybrid would be an outcast from both factions.

although the lycans may respect him.

the vampires would see him as an abomination.

Note that I am unsure exactly what type of units you have etc & as such cannot give specific traits for priests, generals, princesses etc...
    Feel free to correct entries...like "none humans"

Traits:

Everyone

High blood +2 H.P. (Either of older origions or simply of good heritage, this general is able to endure hardship that others might not.)

Notoriously difficult to kill +8 H.P. +2 dread +2 personal security (Although there were numerous attempts to kill him on and off the field of battle, he still stand strong and proud.)

Talamasca

Unsure -1piety, -1 command (secretly suspects himself of being a half breed)

Confused -2 piety -1 command (Believes he is a half breed but thinks he supports the cause)

Convinced -3 piety, -1 popularity, -1 command (Entirely sure he is a half breed no matter what others tell him.)

Sympathetic -3 popularity, +1 chivalry (Although a firm supporter of the cause, this man argues that Lycans and Vampyres are simply doing what is natural to them.)

Vengeful +2 morale, -1 command (This man's relatives were killed by none humans. Nothing but the death of them all will suffice in his eyes.)

Driven by vengence +3 morale -1 command (So consumed by the quest for vengence is he, that he commands an almost fanatical following in battle)

Oath bearer +2 piety, +2 chivalry +1 morale (This man has sworn an oath, upon pain of death, to kill all none humans)

False Oath -2 piety, -3 chivalry, -2 morale (Despite a strong INITIAL convinction, this man has now broken the oath he puclically swore.)

(upon destroying a faction)
    Oath keeper +3 piety, +3 chivalry +2 morale +1 command
    (Through heaven and hell and all things villanous that lay in between, this man has kept his oath.)

Aspiring Slayer +1 command vs. vampyres (Following his heart, and some sketchy reading of arcane material, this man now believe he has what it takes to be a slayer.)

Slayer +2 dread +2 command vs. vampyres (A proven slayer of and on the field of battle, this man is carving out a name for himself while slaughtering his enemies.)

Master Slayer +3 dread, +3 command vs. vampyres (All the ways to slay a vampyre are known to this man, he even invented some new methods. These are now widely debated amongs aspiring slayers.)

Lycan

Baby predator +1 dread (Has a killer instinct and yet still lacks the skills needed to make a fast kill.)

Predator +2 dread (An efficient hunter, kills quickly and likes it.)

True predator +3 dread (Insatiable apetite for the hunt, and its subsequent end.)

Lacks control -1 authority (Unable to contain himself when angered or when thing do not go his way)

Becomes frantic -2 athority (Completely forgets reason and logic by random impulses)

Runs amoc +1 dread -3 authority (The fits of anger and depression are so severe they seem almost epileptic.)

Bites money -30% trade (This Lycan is simply unable to understand that coins are not toys.)

Unnerving +2 dread (It is hard to look this beast in the eye when you know full well he eats his enemies' heads, while they are still alive.)

Has flees -1 popularity (Even Lycans have standards, but this particular one does not, as he fails to clean his fur.)

Stalker +3 night battles (Superbly adapted to the dark, even for a Lycan.)

Hates cowards +2 dread, +2 morale, -1 popularity (Easily angered by cowardice. Known to specifically target routing units, even his own.)

Vicious rapist +1 dread -4 popularity (So animalistic in the mating season that this creature cannot help itself and forces mating with any female possible. Greatly increases chance of offspring.)

Severin

Self hating -3 command, -3 popularity -3 morale (This creature is disgusted with himself, and he often refers to himself in the third person as 'it')

Hybrid genius +2 law, +15% tax, +2 command (Through some odd breeding and bloodlines this vampyre has been blessed with intelligence that is uncommon to his kind.)

(Popular with women, not so with their husbands)
    Sterile -1 popularity(Only an act of god will allow this male to impregnate a female.)

Likes cooking (Although not a major influence on his life, he still prefers his food cooked, human style.)

House of Rahala

Elitist -1 command, +2 morale, -10% trade (This vampyre is a bit too sure of his superiority, with little to back it up.)

Allergic to blood -1 morale, -3 popularity (There is something very strange about any vampyre that cannot stomach drinking blood.)

Sadist +2 dread, -1 morale -1 popularity (This vampyre enjoys causing pain to others, his own kind as well.)

Demon blood +4 piety, +2 morale, -1 popularity (Though to have true demonic blood coursing through his vains. A subject of jealousy)

Human friends -3 popularity -2 piety (Oddly enough this vampyre has human friends, for reasons unknown.)

Analytical +1 command, -1 piety (Very calculated and precise, often question matters of faith.)

Devine Obsession +3 piety -1 command (Extremely devote, so much so that it interferes with proper procedures.)

Brushes +1 popularity -1 morale (Thought to be overly concerned with grooming this vampyre is popular with the people. The army on the other hand, senses weakness.)

Maybe more later...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Champion View Post
    has someone been watching underworld? .............haha, ive seen it too.

but surely a hybrid would be an outcast from both factions.

although the lycans may respect him.

the vampires would see him as an abomination.
    Kerin the leader of the Talamasca is a Hybrid, but no one knows it..i've only made one merc unit so far, so maybe I'll make Hybrid mercs..

sounds pretty cool, an elite unit i guess, very powerfull but low in numbers...?

will hybrids be recruitable by all factions?

or will you be able to limit them to certain factions?
    I was a Roma Surrectum 2.0 Beta Tester

Total War Veteran

Blog Entries

If i make them, which i probably will, yes they would be an elite unit low in numbers, probably only recruited by Vamps and Lycans..i have something else in mind for Humans..

surely the pure blood vampires would not recruit them tho ?

and are you going to divulge any details for the humans.?

or should i try and guess..... something Blade. ish.

a daywalker. perhaps.

Total War Veteran

@ME2_junky didn't really reply to you properly before there were some very nice ideas in the traits you put up

Bites money -30% trade (This Lycan is simply unable to understand that coins are not toys.) - I really like, I've been a bit short of trade influencing ones as well.

Fleas we did have an idea about but I like your description better - definitely for at least one level of the trait.

I think I said in other thread that dread and chivalry as characteristics are in M2TW only, but there could be an idea about having a trait / anti-trait set up on similar lines which effects how likely you are to get other traits.... so if your general goes too far down the path of being a bad guy you start to be more likely to pick up some nasty characteristics

@Celtic Champion and Halie - how come whatever we title threads we end up discussing something completely different them?

Blog Entries

Because 'I got the music in me'...

sorry, i get carried away sometimes.

anyway regarding Traits,

lycans- power of the moon - move faster during night battles.

same sort of thing during night battles for vampires call it "creature of the night" or something.

i had the idea in another thread, but thought i should post it in the right place for a change. lol.
    Last edited by Legionary Titus Pullo; July 06, 2007 at 03:20 AM. Reason: oops

Total War Veteran

ah I think I just answered it in the wrong place

don't think there is anything that you can change between night / day battles via trait except the generals command rating, will check but am doubtful on that.

As Halie said somewhere neither of us are that keen on night battles so we didn't put a lot of traits that allow them into EoDI. I know some people missed them though - as we are doing specific provincial campaigns for each faction this time - I might be able to rig it so only human playing as Lycans gets the opportunity to choose night battles more often.... .

so do i take it from that, that lycans and vamps dont have problems with daylight then?

Total War Veteran

Blog Entries

Lycans never did, remember in underworld they are no longer held by the full moon and some can change at will, but i think with the mod the three tribes have evolved differently, Terani and Neuri are Human, while the Subai are more Lycan, the Ancients are pure Lycan...you haven't seen them yet...Lycan is a race, Wolven is a religion, so not all Lycan peoples are Lycans, if that makes sense..

Vamps..well if the light FX work then the Mod will be in a constant state of dusk, or dawn..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast