Thread: Attempting to create a new unit

Default Attempting to create a new unit

Is there anything special I have to do to add a new unit with EB that I wouldn't have had to do with vanilla?

I have edited the eb/data files but my unit doesn't show up in game. Have the cards placed and all that too. I think the problem must be with the export_descr_buildings.txt file since it doesn't even give me an option to build the unit and I don't get any errors. Pretty sure export_descr_buildings.txt is done correct (I just added the recruit line to the core buildings). Is there something else I have to do in order to build my unit in game?

Thanks, in advance.

Ithoniel

Civis

Default Re: Attempting to create a new unit

I can't really give you much of an answer but this tutorial of how to put a new unit in the game (its the best one I've found): http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=51750

Then again I would say that you should be careful when modding EB, if you're not careful you'll just ******* it all up, one example I got is the Export_descr_unit file. On Vanilla its 235 Kb while in EB its about 10,5 MB, there's just a whole lot of places you can screw up.

By the way, did your unit show up in the custom battle screen?
    This might not be the Real Tordis_Umulius, the profile might be hacked, at least there is showing up a bunch of nonsense in certain parts of this Forum. I DO NOT POST IN DISCUSSION AND DEBATE.

Thanks for the reply.

I've added units before both to Vanilla and RTR without a problem and have followed the guide. Fairly sure I have the info typed in correctly since I'm not getting any errors. I've backed up all the files I'm editing just in case though.

BTW, does EB have the equivalent of a export_descr_unit_enums.txt file in its folder? I couldn't find one.

Unit does not show up for custom battle screen. What does that mean?

Okay, I figured it out.

For whatever reason, EB has the Ptolemaioi faction set as Numidia instead of Egypt. I was adding the units to the wrong faction.

Civis

Glad to hear you figured out.
    This might not be the Real Tordis_Umulius, the profile might be hacked, at least there is showing up a bunch of nonsense in certain parts of this Forum. I DO NOT POST IN DISCUSSION AND DEBATE.

Nice link Tordis_Umulius