Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: any updates?

Default any updates?

havent tried this mod yet but have read about lots of ctd issues. are there any updates planned anytime soon?

Default Re: any updates?

SV is constantly working on 2.1 which will include a major update for the early era campaign, bugfixes for the late campaign, introduction of new factions, updating the implemented mods like BB&B 2.0 UAI 1.6 and so on. Just have a look at the threads here and page 2 and 3 and the discussions about difficulty settings, crusades...jihads even the bug threads. There is no single thread that summarizes all the planned changes, as far as i know.

Concerning the Sicilian Combat Sub-Mod i can confirm, that there will be an update either tomorrow or the day after tomorrow, as we try to keep pace with Real Combat. Depends on notger´s and my spare time.

notger's Avatar Decanus

Are you asking for updates that stabilize the allegedly unstable SV 2.0 or are you asking for new features?

The latter was answered in K.A.'s post. As for me, I do not experience many CTD's in this mod. Yesterday, I started a new Byz late campaign and had some chrashed, but that was totally new to me. Before, I never experienced crashes.

Since the game never crashes in battle mode and you always can and should quick save, I never lost more than a minute of play-time due to the crash.

As a summary: SV2.0 is stable, all in all.
    (BTW: I play with the Sicilian Combat sub-mod, as you can imagine. Working stable, too.)

As to when the update comes out ... the fact that there is not thread with a release date hints at the possibility, that it is out, when it is ready, as usually. That should not be too long from now, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by tonedog View Post
    havent tried this mod yet but have read about lots of ctd issues. are there any updates planned anytime soon?

I wouldn't say there are alot of CTD issues. You always get a few noobs that come in guns blazing about CTD's, etc. SV 2.0 has been downloaded over 3,800 times, and if it was unstable you would see alot more than the handful of complaints.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

Yeah, I've gotten maybe 3 CTDs in a billion hours of play, and all of them were fine after I reloaded the autosave.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by The Fuzz View Post
    Yeah, I've gotten maybe 3 CTDs in a billion hours of play, and all of them were fine after I reloaded the autosave.
    ..billion hours... ... then you for sure hold the guinness-record in playing M2 ... keep it up

Well, i got none ctd's with SV 2.0 (rather 2.1alpha-beta), and this while modding/playtesting mainly the early era which is far more in development than the late era.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

I had some CTDs while playing almost every mod (today I'm playing Portvcale and SV), and I had the same number of CTDs while playing Vanilla M2TW (which I do not play anymore ), so well... if I have to complain to someone, I will do it towards Creative Assembly or Nvidia...

SV is ok. Worth the time, but I advise that can seriously give addiction....

Quote Originally Posted by |Lorre| View Post
    I had some CTDs while playing almost every mod (today I'm playing Portvcale and SV), and I had the same number of CTDs while playing Vanilla M2TW (which I do not play anymore ), so well... if I have to complain to someone, I will do it towards Creative Assembly or Nvidia...

SV is ok. Worth the time, but I advise that can seriously give addiction....
    We will have to do an intervention when Lorre gets 2.1

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)

Quote Originally Posted by SicilianVespers View Post
    We will have to do an intervention when Lorre gets 2.1
    Reaaallly??? Am I suppose to worry about it?

CTDs? where , when
    update ? when, where?

Quote Originally Posted by |Lorre| View Post
    Reaaallly??? Am I suppose to worry about it?
    In the USA an intervention is when family/friends intervene to save someone from an addiction

In the USA an intervention is when family/friends intervene to save someone from an addiction
    Well, I'm not addicted.... I'm just testing and doing stuff, you know... uhm.... when you...well, ok, I admit that I am addicted.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

2.1 ... i only say, prepare your siege armies good in any aspect, and also take care of your family character in streets fights ...
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

and also take care of your family character in streets fights ...
    We all know medieval city dweller had no canalization and used to throw out their excrements through the window...

Might look stupid when your king announces victory on the town square drenched in...

Eww.

i think this mod is really good, but must admit it dus struggle to run and often ctds for me... also, the traits are good but ther arent enough positives, i find it hard to get any decent generals.

Concerning the positive traits, especially the aquisition of command stars, have a look at this thread:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=106671

If SV manages to implement the new version of BB&B in SV 2.1 this will probably be solved anyway.

Concerning the CTDs, i had only two so far, while im playing SV for more than a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Konstantin Alexander View Post
    Concerning the positive traits, especially the aquisition of command stars, have a look at this thread:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=106671

If SV manages to implement the new version of BB&B in SV 2.1 this will probably be solved anyway.

Concerning the CTDs, i had only two so far, while im playing SV for more than a month.

BB&B 2.0 has already been added to SV 2.1

Any news for date release?

thx

Quote Originally Posted by ske View Post
    Any news for date release?

thx

We are getting closer. Putting the finishing touches on the Cumans, and have to create the faction name change events.

I don't think I have spoken about the in-game changing of faction names? For example, Sicily and Portugal will start the early campaign as Counties, and be "promoted to Kingdoms at the appropriate date. Armenia will also be promoted from a Principality to a Kingdom.

The event will instruct you to select an option off the SV menu to build the new name files.

We are getting closer. Putting the finishing touches on the Cumans, and have to create the faction name change events.

I don't think I have spoken about the in-game changing of faction names? For example, Sicily and Portugal will start the early campaign as Counties, and be "promoted to Kingdoms at the appropriate date. Armenia will also be promoted from a Principality to a Kingdom.

The event will instruct you to select an option off the SV menu to build the new name files.
    About Armenia's promotion from principality to kingdom, the title of the rulers of Cilicia before it became a kingdom was "Paron". Hope that helps.
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast