Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ELRONDS' JUSTINIAN PROVINCIAL CAMPAIGN FOR RIOS IBFD

Default ELRONDS' JUSTINIAN PROVINCIAL CAMPAIGN FOR RIOS IBFD

Justinian Campaign

Iportant note: Justinian Campasign now is built in the Rio Expansion mod and needs this patch to work
    http://www.badongo.com/file/13631985

Download link: The campaign has now been added to Rio's IBFD BRG II

Installation instructions:

Download file and extract

Place Campaign folder in: C:\Program Files \Activision\Rome - Total War\bi\data\world\maps\campaign (change location depending on what you have called your installation of Rio's IBFD VII)

Switch between scripts by copying and pasting the 4 turn per year script which you need to use in:

C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\bi\data\scripts (change location depending on what you have called your installation of Rio's IBFD VII)

Map:

http://img461.imageshack.us/my.php?i...tincampro0.png

This starts in 527AD when Justinian became eastern roman emperor and ends in 565AD

His attempts to reconquer the western empire lead to the destruction of the vandals and the ostrogoths but left italy in ruins and the lombards holding much of Italy, however it provides another chance for to rebuild the roman empire in what I hope will be a great campaign.

Features of the Campaign

Historic generals for the ERE - such as Justinian, Belisarius, Narses and Mundus. The major barbarian factions have historic leaders and heirs.

It is the ownly campaign for RTW representing the Meditarian world in the 6th century.

It contains a plauge script which causes a major plauge (implemented by Riothamus by adapting a ATW script) - this plauge (refered to as Justinain's plauge or the Justinian plauge), started in 541AD and caused massive depopulation throughout the Roman / Byzantine empire - reportedly killing about 40% of the Population of Constantinople as well as almost killing Justinian).

Script installers which switch the 4tpy to the 4tpy script for the campaign that you use.

I would like to thank Riothamus for his significant contributions to the campaign.
    Last edited by Riothamus; March 31, 2009 at 11:07 AM.
    Under the Patronage of Imb39
    Patron of julianus heraclius, TheFirstONeill, Boz and midnite

Default Re: Rio's IBFD - Justinian expansion

Looking forward to The Justinian revival. I'll gladly provide any assistance I can.

David harvey1 made some interesting proposals I put in the ideas and suggestion thread that pertains to the Justinian Roma era.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    Looking forward to The Justinian revival. I'll gladly provide any assistance I can.

David harvey1 made some interesting proposals I put in the ideas and suggestion thread that pertains to the Justinian Roma era.
    Also feel free to call the mod what ever you want. I'll change the thread or you can change it to what you want to

Souds great. I can't wait to play the Justinian Campaign!

The campiagn will probably be released at the weekend - I will be very busy for the next couple of days.

Sorry for the delay

Default Re: NARSES' IBFD - JUSTINIAN EXPANSION

Are we going to see the Plague of Justinian? Would be cool and is something that would make the campaign a lot harder.

Eduardo =)

Quote Originally Posted by Eduorix View Post
    Are we going to see the Plague of Justinian? Would be cool and is something that would make the campaign a lot harder.

Eduardo =)
    Sorry for the delay - a plauge script will probably be added but it isnt my primary concern atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Narses View Post
    Sorry for the delay - a plauge script will probably be added but it isnt my primary concern atm.
    Narses...I can do some test for you with the plague script if you want...
    Also there are some name changes I've done for I moved several provinces around.(not moved in your provincial camaign)The easy way to to change a provincial name is just editing the bi/datatext/barbarian_invasion_regions_and_settlement_names

example
    {Merya_lund} Cynwyddion

Your provincial campaign change back to
    {Merya_lund} Merya_lund

I can try and make a seperate:
    Justinian_regions_and_settlement_names in the text folder.

I'm not sure if it will work because I found out the seperate
    BI_WarMap_II_regions_and_settlement_names(432ad campaign) do not change when different to the barbarian_invasion_regions_and_settlement_names.
    Only the barbarian_invasion_regions_and_settlement_names seems to work.

But I'll test it more..maybe I can get it to work

edit okay got the BI_WarMap_II_regions_and_settlement_names to work seperately. I'm going to make you a Justinian_regions_and_settlement_names in the text folder
    in order to change the names back to fit the provinces within your game.
    Last edited by Riothamus; July 04, 2007 at 02:53 PM.

Narses...I can do some test for you with the plague script if you want...
    Also there are some name changes I've done for I moved several provinces around.(not moved in your provincial camaign)The easy way to to change a provincial name is just editing the bi/datatext/barbarian_invasion_regions_and_settlement_names

example
    {Merya_lund} Cynwyddion

Your provincial campaign change back to
    {Merya_lund} Merya_lund

I can try and make a seperate:
    Justinian_regions_and_settlement_names in the text folder.

I'm not sure if it will work because I found out the seperate
    BI_WarMap_II_regions_and_settlement_names(432ad campaign) do not change when different to the barbarian_invasion_regions_and_settlement_names.
    Only the barbarian_invasion_regions_and_settlement_names seems to work.

But I'll test it more..maybe I can get it to work

edit okay got the BI_WarMap_II_regions_and_settlement_names to work seperately. I'm going to make you a Justinian_regions_and_settlement_names in the text folder
    in order to change the names back to fit the provinces within your game.
    thanks

But this really must be the last time you help me - I am greatful for the help but I want to do as much of the campaign as possible.

I am busy with a few minor school things but I will have the campaign finished or in the dev forum for IB team members to try out (if they want to) by sunday evening at the latest.

The replacement of the alemani with the suebi and the replacement of the samaritians with the Bulgars (since v3?) should improve the realism signifcantly compared with campaign for v1 (anyone still here from when that was released???).

Thanks to Riothamus a plauge script will be added several other changes will be made to the campaign - most of the settlements in Vandal Africa will become Roman as well as a big rebalencing of troops for most factions.

These are changes which I can implement easily but will need to be throughly tested (probably by me). One of the main critisms of the original campaign was when you played as the ERE (I will rename them the Byzantines), the campaign was too easy once you defeated the two Ostrogothic stacks. I am aiming for it too be easier to capture Italy and Africa but for it to be very difficult to keep it - the number of revolts will increase (I am fairly sure that I can do this without effecting Rio's campaigns) and the Lombards will be reduced to one province and will have the ability to horde - so they are in a postion to take northern Italy when its owners are weak. The Bulgars will be given one province in the Ukraine and be able to horde - this will make them a threat to the ERE's greek lands. It also goes without saying that war with the Sassanidss will be very likely.

Essentialy playing as the ERE will be quite challenging - but if enemies are obliterated with speed it will be easy.

I will also be doing something that will make battles in Africa a little more interesting.

Default Re: NARSES' JUSTINIAN PROVINCIAL CAMPAIGN FOR RIOS IBFD

Just now need for this to be activated on 541AD but the its good to know it works wording needs changing too its from: http://www.trivia-library.com/b/natu...ple-part-2.htm

Remember Narses to fix the 527 4 year script

I'll have for you sometime today as a dl
    -mecs file changes
    -province name changes
    -justinian plague script
    -4 year scripts for 463 and 432(corrected)

gl on the mod and If I may suggest do not set a date for release until you are absolutely sure( he he..from my own experience)
    Last edited by Riothamus; July 05, 2007 at 12:34 PM.

Sorry for the delay - I have a few RL isssues that are taking up my time atm - I have started working on it (see updates part of the first post in this thread). I wont set a time for finishing and releasing the mod except that it will be done before the 20th July (when I go on vacation for two weeks, I will probably get it done before then but I wont set a date because I dont no what will happen this week.

Black Francis's Avatar -IN-NOMINE-XPI-VINCAS-

This looks really promising!

I shall keep an eye out for developments.

IN-HOC-SIGNO-VINCES

The campaign is almost finished and is being tested - It will be released at some point next week. I have added a new screenshot at the top of the thread which shows the current province ownership - I might give the Bulgars and extra two provinces but otherwise it is unlikely to change.

Black Francis's Avatar -IN-NOMINE-XPI-VINCAS-

Now, will we need to install RIO's IB and then Justinian or will Justinian be a separate complete installation?

IN-HOC-SIGNO-VINCES

I liked your article on the Vandal campaign and siege of Rome etc. you have a pretty good concise style. Now for the mod, I hope you do justice to Belisarius, can't overstate how much command skill, management and influence he should have, but I'm sure you are well aware. Narses wasn't bad for mostly an armchair general eunuch but obviously was not the better "man" .

Quote Originally Posted by Nikephoros II Phokas View Post
    I liked your article on the Vandal campaign and siege of Rome etc. you have a pretty good concise style. Now for the mod, I hope you do justice to Belisarius, can't overstate how much command skill, management and influence he should have, but I'm sure you are well aware. Narses wasn't bad for mostly an armchair general eunuch but obviously was not the better "man" .
    Belisarius has 5 or 6 for managment, command and infulence. Justinian has less command but more management and infulance, whilst Narses is essentially a older Belisarius with 1 less command. I am thinking about adding Mundus - he was in charge of the invasion of Dalamatia during the first part of the war with the Ostrogoths. He died early on so he wasnt that important - but I might add him just for acuracy.

I chose Narses as a username basically because Justinian and Belisarius are being used already (and by senoir members of the site), but he was still a exeptional general who might have matched Belisarius if they had ever fought each other.

My final version of the campaign will be sent to Riothamus tonight and he is going to update it so it works for Rio VI (currently works on Rio V). He will then send it back to me and I will release it as soon as Rio VI is finished.

Belisarius has 5 or 6 for managment, command and infulence. Justinian has less command but more management and infulance, whilst Narses is essentially a older Belisarius with 1 less command. I am thinking about adding Mundus - he was in charge of the invasion of Dalamatia during the first part of the war with the Ostrogoths. He died early on so he wasnt that important - but I might add him just for acuracy.

I chose Narses as a username basically because Justinian and Belisarius are being used already (and by senoir members of the site), but he was still a exeptional general who might have matched Belisarius if they had ever fought each other.

My final version of the campaign will be sent to Riothamus tonight and he is going to update it so it works for Rio VI (currently works on Rio V). He will then send it back to me and I will release it as soon as Rio VI is finished.
    I think you are greatly underestimating Belisarius and putting your namesake up on a pedestal. Belisarius was the name that enemies of Rome feared and respected. Belisarius was a triumphed consul and "glory of the romans" before Narses even lead men into battle. Belisarius was also reputedly as skilled with bow, sword and lance as any man under his command and the inadequate size of his forces meant he had to fight in the thick of it on more than one occasion. His bravery, charity and christian piety endeared him to the population and his men, so he should at least have much higher morale bonuses. He is also often mentioned in the company of Alexander, Caesar and Hannibal. Anyways just my 2 cents, your mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikephoros II Phokas View Post
    I think you are greatly underestimating Belisarius and putting your namesake up on a pedestal. Belisarius was the name that enemies of Rome feared and respected. Belisarius was a triumphed consul and "glory of the romans" before Narses even lead men into battle. Belisarius was also reputedly as skilled with bow, sword and lance as any man under his command and the inadequate size of his forces meant he had to fight in the thick of it on more than one occasion. His bravery, charity and christian piety endeared him to the population and his men, so he should at least have much higher morale bonuses. He is also often mentioned in the company of Alexander, Caesar and Hannibal. Anyways just my 2 cents, your mod.
    lol.. Here's a few pics on the two legendary generals...Belisarius was quite the dude I must admit.

lol.. Here's a few pics on the two legendary generals...Belisarius was quite the dude I must admit.
    I disagree with some of Rithamus's trait changes so I will give Narses 3 or 4 comand stars and give Belisaris a bit more managment and infulence before I release it.

Riothamus has kindly updated the mod so it works on Rio's IBFD v6 - once this has been released I will release the campaign.

EDIT: On the issue of Belisarius being better than Justinian: I agree that he was - however during Justinian's reign Narses was 2nd only to Belisarius. He also managed to gain the loyalty of his troops far easier than Belisarius ever did. He was arguable a better adminisator than Belisarius but was wasnt anywere as near as popular with the people of the empire as Belisarius was. I have also added Mundus - who unfortuantly died in a battle in 535AD - Little is known about him - he was however a respected commander so he will have good characters traits but not as good as those that Belisarius and Narses have. Justinian will also be a decent general (3 star) to represent the fact that he was highly intelligent and would have been able to think of decent stratagies if he had to - Justinian will have ownly one heir who is a child (his nephew Justin), Justin became emperor in 565AD after Justinian's death and is for practical purposes displayed as Justinian's son - accuratly repsenting Justinian's family tree would be extremly difficult if not impossible. Justinian should ownly be used in battle in situations were you have no other choice e.g. if Constantinople is under siege.

To represent my opinions Belisarius will have 2 command and Infulence points more than Narses but Narses will have 2 more management points and will his will cause his troops to have a higher morale. If someone disagrees with my choices then they can edit the ERE section of the Desc_strat file according to their wishes.
    Last edited by Elrond; August 12, 2007 at 05:42 PM.

EDIT: On the issue of Belisarius being better than Justinian: I agree that he was - however during Justinian's reign Narses was 2nd only to Belisarius. He also managed to gain the loyalty of his troops far easier than Belisarius ever did. He was arguable a better adminisator than Belisarius but was wasnt anywere as near as popular with the people of the empire as Belisarius was. I have also added Mundus - who unfortuantly died in a battle in 535AD - Little is known about him - he was however a respected commander so he will have good characters traits but not as good as those that Belisarius and Narses have. Justinian will also be a decent general (3 star) to represent the fact that he was highly intelligent and would have been able to think of decent stratagies if he had to - Justinian will have ownly one heir who is a child (his nephew Justin), Justin became emperor in 565AD after Justinian's death and is for practical purposes displayed as Justinian's son - accuratly repsenting Justinian's family tree would be extremly difficult if not impossible. Justinian should ownly be used in battle in situations were you have no other choice e.g. if Constantinople is under siege.

To represent my opinions Belisarius will have 2 command and Infulence points more than Narses but Narses will have 2 more management points and will his will cause his troops to have a higher morale. If someone disagrees with my choices then they can edit the ERE section of the Desc_strat file according to their wishes.
    at least according to Procopius I would sooner have Theodora lead me into battle than Justinian. Also from years of endless campaigning Belisarius formed a household regiment of about 7000 veterans, mostly barbarians who were attached to him personally. That would be difficult to represent in this game, a big personal bodyguard with very high experience and morale would be cool.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast