Thread: Reinforcement Issue

Eohelm's Avatar Semisalis

Default Reinforcement Issue

The main issue that reinforcements are always delayed, on my side or the foe's side. Personally I find this somewhat frustrating, as sometimes I rely on reinforcements, and sometimes my enemy relies on it.

I don't find it fair that we both have to go without, and I can think of numerous situations where it would have made the experience better for me as a player.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do? Thank you very much.
    "Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath."

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Reinforcement Issue

IIRC there's a setting in [rtw]/xgm/preferences/preferences.txt that controls whether reinforcements show up. The purpose is to limit the number of men on the field for lower end machines. You can change it by opening the file with notepad.

Unfortunately I don't have access to the files here so I can't tell you exactly what the setting is called.

Thanks for lead, mate. I'm going to start looking. If anyone has specifics, I'd still appreciate it.
    "Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath."

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Here's the line you want.
    UNLIMITED_MEN_ON_BATTLEFIELD:FALSE
    Change that to:
    UNLIMITED_MEN_ON_BATTLEFIELD:TRUE

Changed it. Thanks very much, mate! I've got to spread around the love a bit before getting back to you, but thank you anyway.

Hej man

My is eanglish suck I have the same problem and i do what you say but its not healp