Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: EOD II Screenshots!

christof139's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: EOD II Screenshots!

Those are sharp!!!

I thought Hoggy dissappeared?? Still waiting on Blue Lotus to be completed now that some folks have it going again.

Chris

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Hoggy still pops in to help out on BL now and then, i think, These are edits of original BL units, the Bear rebels to be exact, which i did get permission to use, i just like to mention where a base came from..

That's good to hear!!! BL seems to be rather neat.

Chris

Blog Entries

Due to popular demand..well Christof139 anyway...ZOMBIES!!..not so much the un-dead, more a tribe...

So there are gonna be werewolves aka lycans that look like lycans??? and how many factions cause i loved you first eod but the major flaw (in my opinion) the lack of factions
    Member of FAITH

Blog Entries

So there are gonna be werewolves aka lycans that look like lycans???
    Well. post 40 in this thread is as about as close as i could get..

and how many factions cause i loved you first eod but the major flaw (in my opinion) the lack of factions
    Ah, you might be disappointed then, this mod only has four playable factions. However each faction will have it's own campaign so whoever you play as will be tough.

Ok cool. Ill try it
    Member of FAITH

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    Due to popular demand..well Christof139 anyway...ZOMBIES!!..not so much the un-dead, more a tribe...

Ggrreeeaatttt!!!! Zombieland!!! Also I think they were in Shadow of the Horned Rat and Dark Omen. Reminds me, I have to reinstall those 2 games as there are a few neat mods out there for them.

Your sprite here is a nice Zombie. A cross between a Skellie, a Ghoul, and a Zombie. A Zghomskei, that is a Polish version. (I am of Polish descent, 50%, the better part of me, also 25% French that I rate highly, the 25% British is on hold though. 'Typical' USA citizen, also adopted Sicillian-Portugese. So, I get to eat all the good food and that is why the British part is on hold.)

Good idea for a province name = Zghomskei, pn. = Zha-ghom-sky, or change end to 'ie' and have Zha-ghom-skee.

I am sure you have your own ideas, but there are a lot of neat, mysterious, rough, and evil sounding names in Slavic folklore. Some good inet sites for this.

Chris

PS: Better for name of a city, Zghomskoje or Zghomskoy as in the Russian, and the other previous -skei, -skie, and also -sky for the name of a person or creature, such as Kniaz or Voivode Zghomskie or -skei or -sky. Zombislava, City of Zombie Glory, 'slava' = 'glory' more or less in many Slavic languages. Not too original but at least is gives ideas for word make-up using some historical basis.
    Last edited by christof139; July 21, 2007 at 02:43 AM.

the zombie is frikkin awsome.........

so are they still gonna be mercs ?

recruitable by any faction ?
    I was a Roma Surrectum 2.0 Beta Tester

Total War Veteran

Blog Entries

Cheers.

Yup

Yup.

They may also be the rebel faction on the 'Isle of the dead'

Blog Entries

Talamasca; Foot knights.

Talamasca; Guardians.

Hi HS and Mak and Nak.,

Those are interesting Talmasca Order troops. Very sharp, and I like the Monkish-look of the Guardian. However, and please don't take this as bad critiscism but rather maybe as constructive criticism, could you make the shield of the Guardian a wee bit smaller, maybe 8-12% as it is very large as is, almost the size of a pavise. Yet it is fine as you have it and I don't know if those are final models. The foot knight is very sharp.

The Rus and Russians used some large rectangular shields, but I think the Guardians is even a bit bigger than those historical ones. A shiled can only be so big and heavy and after a certain point becomes inwieldy and useless.

For Dark Age and Medieval times this is whatI have read; an 'average' troop carried up to a 10-lb. shield, while a very large trooper could carry perhaps a 20-lb. or maybe a bit more shield but that is pushing it.

I dorked around in SCA with about 8 pound rounshileds and some much hevaier kite shileds weighing over 10-12-lbs. or so, and it can be fatiguing, and that was 20 and 30 years ago when I was a bit stronger and healthier than I am know. Roman Legionarie shields could weigh uo to 10-lbs. and their dimensions are about max. for a shield to be used in combat. Wall shields, used by spearmen such as some Russians etc. were not meant to be wielded witout resting them on the ground, and that is what the size of the Guardian's shield reminds me of, those large Medieval 'wall shields' (not quite a pavise, just a very large rectangular shield).

Anyway, I am satisfied with whatever you use, as I am not familiar with changing animations and models and textures.

Up late, Friday night, my Shambalese are now in full hostile contact with the Satanae in Babylon, and the Satanae are getting whipped. Just starting to get the higher level Shambalalese units now, but haven't used any in combat yet as I am doing fine with the earlier, lighter but low-level uparmed and armored units, plus lots of Archers to decimate the satanae units. The balance is pretty good. Shambala Raider Lt. Cav. in massed units or from the rear and flank can deliver a charge that will break shot-up Satanae infantry, although the Spearmen really have to be shot-up before I launch Lt. Cav. against them. The game balance is good. (Luckily I have only dealt with large Satanae Infantry armies, and have yet to face a lot of their Cav., but their Cav. is their as my Spies or Spys etc. have discovered.) Satanae are up into Germany, my alliance with Islam still holds and they are also battling the Satanae, as are Spain and France most of the time, and Albion goes on and off and even allies with the Satanae as has Germany, but it usually doesn't last long. Good balance here.

Yup, it is an interesting and enjoyable game and departure from the mundane world.

Chris
    Last edited by christof139; July 21, 2007 at 02:44 AM.

the talamaska are great looking units, although i must agree with Chris the sheild of the guardian may be a tad to big.

but what do i know you guys are the modders after all and me im just a humble gamer. but great units, keep it coming.

Total War Veteran

Blog Entries

Another of the rebel/merc factions will be DRUIDS.....

wow, looks like merlin out of "King Arthur". the film with Clive Owen as Arthur.

i just love it

Total War Veteran

Blog Entries

A'yup, i did have that "look" in mind when skinning him...

That's a good one!!! Chris

i was watching that film the other day while playing Arthurian total war.

Total War Veteran

first of all thanks for making eod such a great mod

if you havent already got the idea, how about replacing the day-sky with the night-sky so the battles will be fought out at night mostly, that would be amazing for the atmosphere. I hope this doesn't sound to selfish or unrespecting against your fabelous work but I hope the units in eod2 will not be all such dark like in eod1, cause there it was ****ing hard to recognize ur units in a battle
    There are ways to even make a pink unit look evil without using dark textures, its a mather of the armor/face/combination and mixture of colors
    here is an exsample:

Cool zombies. They look like the Kurgan in "The Highlander"
    NL

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast