Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: %^%@#& Homosexual leaders

Default %^%@#& Homosexual leaders

I thought this problem was bad playing the Byzantines. It is even worse with the English. Every time I turn around, someone shows up with the trait uninhibited, which within a few turns becomes shameless, followed by the invariable "foreign fruitcake" ancillary, which makes the leader totally useless, and a burden on your family tree that needs to be packed off to a single ship bound for pirate waters. I've tried to figure out what causes this trait. I assumed it was low piety, but leaders with piety as high as 6 are coming down with it. I thought perhaps it was the absence of a brothel (hey, i know this is a longshot), but that didn't help either. To make matters worse, it seems HIGHLY contagious; if one leader, especially an older one, comes down with it, I have to literally evacuate every other leader from his presence, or they will all contract it as well.

What are some methods to avoid this line of traits? There is nothing worse than having a shameless faction heir, with his fruitcake in tow, who is also dangerously mad.

Default Re: %^%@#& Homosexual leaders

lol thats a problem my friend. my dread generals dont have that tho. sorry i dont think i can help tho. lol.

Naked Emperor's Avatar Centenarius

Funny I always end up with guys with deep pockets and Fraudulent and I don't know what other money scams they do but usually they pocket all my hard earned cash

i had a bout of madness with my english campain, every one of the orginal kings children went mad.

mrmouth's Avatar flaxen haired argonaut

Ive actually had this problem with every Spanish campaign Ive started with 3.1

Eventually most of my generals will get the uninhibited trait, then shameless, then foreign fruitcake, which is -real bad-.

The first campaigns I started were horrible, every single general and family member eventually had the foreign fruitcake ancillary, which like Darviathar said, makes them essentially useless. A whole kingdom full of useless fruitcakes who's people started to rebel against them.

Subsequent campaigns have not led to the majority of kingdoms leadership becoming fruitcakes, but I still get the "uninhibited" trait quite a bit. My current king is 65, a strong general and well respected leader with full piety(living saint), and in his 65th year he decided to start hugging men. I also have other well to do generals with the same trait, fortunately it hasn't progressed.

Overall it seems I am procuring more "bad" traits with 3.1, and many aren't warranted at all. I cant see what would trigger these traits and personally I think it should be looked at, its a real campaign killer to have your entire kingdom go limp-wristed.
    Last edited by mrmouth; June 26, 2007 at 08:11 PM.

It most certainly is a campaign killer. A lot of the joy of this game is developing your leaders to the point that they progress beyond the standard 0 command 0 chivarly 3 piety dregs you start with. When 90% of your generals are so bad as to be worse than useless, the game ceases to be as much fun. I've never reached the level of micro management that I do with Rome Total Realism Platinum edition. I wish they would have added a line of buildings to this game similar to the academy line in RTR, which produces USEFUL ancillaries instead of transexual tag-alongs that make you want to delete the leader.

I use RTR Platinum too, and I agree.

Other than that I'm glad you started this thread, unfortunately it probably wont lead to any changes or even a look at our issues.

I would suggest posting something similar to this in the 3.1 bugs subsection if you haven't already, so the DLV crew will most certainly get a look at it.

well, pointing them here would work to guys. as for my royal family, they get lewd, lazy and unmanly or disgusted by blood often. unmanly makes me sick. even if they are dread generals, they are disgusted by it? aww. and lazy, what triggers that? and lewd? lol. sour grapes

After taking a quick look in the DLV folders, you are causing the problem while trying to fix it.

From what I saw the only ways to gain it are to have a father who has it, become born with it, or end your turn in a settlement with a brothel. Its a self perpetuating trait, so if you do nothing about it then it will continue to level up until you get fruitcake.

The way to prevent it (after awhile its unpreventable) is to send the general to a settlement with a high religious building. Or if he has a womenizer trait then marry him off which creates a anti trait of the fruitcake trait.

"It's best to shut your mouth and let everyone think you're ignorant, then to open your mouth and prove it."

ok how about for my lewd, unmanly and lazy generals?

Wundwolf's Avatar Tiro

In my last english campaign a third of my familymembers, including the future king (who was married to a stunning french princess), had the cuckold trait.

I think the lazy trait is from leaving a general in a city for a long period of years.
    personaly i dont like that, being in a city for 20 years does not automaticaly make you lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wundwolf View Post
    In my last english campaign a third of my familymembers, including the future king (who was married to a stunning french princess), had the cuckold trait.
    Ive actually never seen that trait, quite horrible that one is.

The fact that literally 5-8 generals and family members all had the same eventual trait, "foreign fruitcake" with at least 3 of the Spanish campaigns I started would lead me to believe something is very wrong.

In each of the campaigns I made the same tactical decisions and still family members and generals very quickly, within 20 (1/2 year) turns, all had the same eventual trait. I don't know how to explain that.

Finally on the fourth campaign it stopped even though I made the same tactical decisions. Now only my king has the uninhibited trait, which he received very recently, in his 65th year. I'm hoping it doesn't spread.

So you are telling me the presence of the brothel is what CAUSES this trait, more or less?

Lazy is easy to figure out; it is indeed caused by not leaving town for X number of years. Its only really a problem with someone who is a temporary governor that you expect to use as a general later. The problem is of course, who can AFFORD to leave guys out of town in the field? The field army cost makes that impossible. In RTR I play by my own house rule that prevents anyone from serving as governor until they've reached legate status, or 10 years served in the military. If I don't have enough spaces for tribunes (additional non-commanding generals in a stack, for those of you that aren't familiar with RTR), I put them in a fort outside town so that they can continue to accrue service time. I simply can't afford to do that here, at least not at the beginning, when each florin is so precious.

i hate that lazy trait...I just leave my uber king inside edinburgh for 2 years then he gets super lazy and makes him only get to move an inch every other turn....
    Not changing signature until Oklahoma University wins the national championship. (Started 8-18-07)

Quote Originally Posted by Darviathar View Post
    So you are telling me the presence of the brothel is what CAUSES this trait, more or less?
    If you think about it thats the only trigger it could be. Moreover I always build a brothel fairly quickly, so that could explain the issues in my case.

Still though, the chances that most of my kingdoms leadership would all develop the same 'trait tree' in 3 out of the 4 campaigns Ive started is odd. Something needs to be balanced in this regard.

Should be some positive traits you get for being in a town to long to along side with the lazy. spending 20 years governing one town, you should either get beter at it or more courroupt

The constant appearance of new negative traits is my biggest complaint about this mod/game in general.

In RTR you would get good management traits by using the high tax rate. I've always used that here, out of habit. However, I often get negative traits such as "sloppy taxman" unless I'm using VERY high tax rate, which in itself brings on the greed line of traits. Any one notice this?

Well Guys!

I usually use the energetic trait to take away lazyness which works! You have to bring up the cheat consol, type give_trait this Energetic 1,2 or 3 (no need for his name, just make sure he's highlighted and out of a settlement!) For the uninhibited trait which one of my generals has, all I can say is that you send him to fight rebels, but make sure he hires mecenary soldiers, so that in the battle you can leave him to face the rebels, i recomend sending him first to face them all and then when he dies use the mecenaries to destroy the rebels, that way you don't loose a battle and you get rid of one annoying problem; I even had to kill my heir using this tactic.

There's also a good tactic in preventing the uninhibited trait and that is to use the cheat console. Just give him high Command, Chivalry, Religious, a Wife etc.....usually by giving him traits related to his wife i.e. WifeIsNoble, WifeIsWise, WifeIsCharming, these usually prevent the sex drive of becoming attracted to men because now his wife is PROPER FIT! hehehe...... Also Upright, PublicFaith, Visit Jerusalem/Jedda, TouchedByTheGods, Intelligent, Hardened etc...I have my suspicions to believe that the reason why my general got uninhibited was because he wasn't upgraded with the all the traits i used to upgrade my King and Prince; however the heirs father (Prince) wasn't uninhibited so i can safely say that its not genetically passed on from father to son.

Look up the traits txt docs inside the DLV data folder and hopefully you'll find the counter traits together with the traits; hope this helps!

II. Mehmet el-Fatih (Mehmed.II, the Conqueror of Constantinople)
    "I am God's slave and sultan of this world. By the grace of God I am head of Muhammad's community. God's might and Muhammad's miracles are my companions."
    Süleyman the Magnificent 1494-1566

Quote Originally Posted by II.Mehmet el-Fatih View Post
    Well Guys!

I usually use the energetic trait to take away lazyness which works! You have to bring up the cheat consol, type give_trait this Energetic 1,2 or 3 (no need for his name, just make sure he's highlighted and out of a settlement!) For the uninhibited trait which one of my generals has, all I can say is that you send him to fight rebels, but make sure he hires mecenary soldiers, so that in the battle you can leave him to face the rebels, i recomend sending him first to face them all and then when he dies use the mecenaries to destroy the rebels, that way you don't loose a battle and you get rid of one annoying problem; I even had to kill my heir using this tactic.

There's also a good tactic in preventing the uninhibited trait and that is to use the cheat console. Just give him high Command, Chivalry, Religious, a Wife etc.....usually by giving him traits related to his wife i.e. WifeIsNoble, WifeIsWise, WifeIsCharming, these usually prevent the sex drive of becoming attracted to men because now his wife is PROPER FIT! hehehe...... Also Upright, PublicFaith, Visit Jerusalem/Jedda, TouchedByTheGods, Intelligent, Hardened etc...I have my suspicions to believe that the reason why my general got uninhibited was because he wasn't upgraded with the all the traits i used to upgrade my King and Prince; however the heirs father (Prince) wasn't uninhibited so i can safely say that its not genetically passed on from father to son.

Look up the traits txt docs inside the DLV data folder and hopefully you'll find the counter traits together with the traits; hope this helps!

II. Mehmet el-Fatih (Mehmed.II, the Conqueror of Constantinople)
    That pic you have of Istanbul is really impressive. Is there somewhere online I can download that? Looks like a good choice for a desktop , since I had to format my HD today

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast