Thread: Photoshop Troubles/ Texture Troubles

Default Photoshop Troubles/ Texture Troubles

I have recentley made skins for some of the units in medieval 2 total war. And I have even changed the dds. back into the texture files but..... when I do that it lowers the kb of how big the file is, it basically halves it when I save it!??!?!? Plus I put the code in the cfg file so it would show, or whatever it does, but still no show, and I've looked at tutorials and I have followed all of the steps... still no luck but..... does it effect it if I have the trial version of photoshop CS3, does it matter what it is, if anyone can help me plz pm me, or respond to this forum (I prefer pm so I dont have to come back here every time)

also plz do leave download locations if I dont have the right photoshop or the trial version effects it.

**Retired**

Default Re: Photoshop Troubles/ Texture Troubles

I'll answer it here as the other in similar situation could benefit from it.

You have the right version of the PS, and trial version is not an issue.
    The issue is that you are not saving the textures as DXT5 format ( Interpolated Alpha). Some other formats (DXT1 for example) store no alpha data, hence the file is smaller in size. Your files may still 'work' in the game, but to ensure full potential of the texture, save as DTX5.

Cheers

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Photoshop Troubles/ Texture Troubles

See here for some visuals, makes it a tad easier if you can see what your looking for..This is RTW but the PS principals are the same.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=55689