Thread: Character Portraits

Default Character Portraits

So, endeavouring to learn more about modding here. I've searched the Mod Workshop for information on character portraits, and come up with very little. So here are my questions.

1. For characters who are existing at the beginning of a campaign, how does one assign specific character portraits? (I assume this is possible, as these never vary from campaign to campaign).

2. Less of an issue, I have yet to test it is all, but to add a portrait to a culture's 'random spawn', one just adds it to the portraits young/old/dead folder, with a number one higher than the highest in said folder?

3. Do the North Europeon factions use the same portait list as the South European? It seems to be so.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I hope this is the right forum o.0
    Last edited by Aerrol; June 22, 2007 at 10:50 PM.

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Default Re: Character Portraits

1) Hmm. I'm pretty sure the game assigns them randomly. As in my mod, I've added named characters to all faction's starting provinces and the portraits change accordingly. But there is a custom portraits folder, that you may want to experiment with.

2) Pretty sure that's it. Similar to loading screeens

3) Pretty sure they do, as there doesn't seem to be a portrait folder for generals in the ui\northern_european folder

Default Re: Character Portraits

Thanks for answer! Though, I have no idea how the custom portraits folder would be linked to the campaign...oh well, experimenting is fun.