Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: King's Banner & Stainless Steel

acel337's Avatar Libertus

Icon1 King's Banner & Stainless Steel

Hi,

It's my first post here! I just want to start by saying that of all the mods I've tried so far, your mod is the most memorable one. Everytime I switch to another, I just keep coming back to yours. It's very well presented, I think that's what it is.

Anyway, I just want to ask the community here whether anyone has managed to get King's Banner 2.0 working with SS. If so, please instuct me how I can do this; as I am quite a newbie.

Also off topic, is it possible to recruit Bishops? I've looked around but still unable to find a way of doing this. Maybe it's not possible.

Thanking you all in advance and please accept my apology, if the subject has already been covered.

King Kong, I am very much looking forward to your future releases. Keep up the good work and thank you.
    Last edited by acel337; June 22, 2007 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake

Default Re: King's Banner & Stainless Steel

you can recruit bishops with cathedrals

Hi Acel,

First of all thanks for the feedback!
    Well, to install the Kings banners mod, just put all the banner textures into Stainless_Steel/data/banners/textures, make a backup of the SS desr_banner_new.xml and overwrite it with the one of KB.
    Finally (to have correct banners for the Knights Templar) add the lines from the SS descr_banners_new.xml, where "Knights Templar" occurs to the one of KB.
    I hope this helps... Feel free to ask when you have problems with it...

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

Hi

As KK says, you need to put all the banner textures from KingsBanner/data/banners/textures into Stainless_Steel/data/banners/textures

However, instead of worrying about merging the descr_banner_new.xml and EDU changes together, Teh Shaeff (tm) has heroically saved the day and attached the merged files for all and sundry.

Simply download the file and copy it to Stainless_Steel/data/ , overwriting the old file

Courtesy of your friendly neighbourhood Shaefferman (I've waited YEARS to say that)

NOTE: THIS EDU IS STANDARD SS - NOT DARTHMOD ENHANCED (tho if enough people want it I'll do it as well)

Also, I've sorta improvised with the Templars, I noticed that KB has a Templar subsection, I don't know how many banners are in it but I've labelled all templar units to use that subsection - if everything looks samey for the Templars then let me know and I'll revert them back

Shaeff

Will be back within the hour, after which will need redownloading
    Last edited by shaeffer; June 24, 2007 at 07:07 AM.
    30 Mis-spellings of Shaeffer and counting!

lol, good job and +rep
    shaefer uh.. the link is broken, lol
    edit: nice! i just gave you another ring,

+rep for me if you agree with me , i might give it right back to you

Cool

Yeah I was just editing it - give me literally 5mins

Shaeff

EDIT: Maybe 10

EDIT2: Done. Hooray! Please note I've not tested this but can't see any probs

Shaeff
    Last edited by shaeffer; June 23, 2007 at 02:45 PM.

gilgalad's Avatar Libertus

Thanks King Kong, Mike, and Shaeffer for the help. But I still have black banners on the order units in the Templar faction . Has anyone tested Shaeffer's files? Does yours work on all units?

Actually, when I use the des_units file from Shaeffer only a few units have Templar banners. The file I edited yesterday works for all but the order units (maybe one or two others are still out, not certain). My file does not use main_templar for the faction banner on all the Templar units but the same as from KB, which is infantry, spear, missle banners-these show up as KK templar banners .

I might have missed something but I do not see the problem. All other factions have the order unit banners from KB on the mount and foot troops. The Templar faction has all black banners for the order units. I am not missing the banners since they work on the other factions, what is the problem with these unruly knights? :hmmm: Must I side with the French and call them to trial again?

"Saints save us!"
    Last edited by gilgalad; June 23, 2007 at 10:06 PM.

I'll check it out Gilgalad. I hadn't actually had a chacne to test it out - thinkinng about it changing my ones back to main_infantry should do it.

Ok, so you can go through the descr_banners.xml and add all the knights templar textures (they always go after hungry enties) and add the new lines, but what do you do about the Kings Banner central section - are there meant to be texture entries in there as well.

I assume we can just ignore the Flanders and Kiev entries

Do you also need to copy the KB files that update you main MTWII data\banner and data\models_strat\textures folders?

Give me a few minutes matey and I'll have the file hosted for y'all. Basically if you look at the file theres a line saying Kings Banner Start, and a Kings Banner End. I just copy pasted that into the SS one. After that I went into the EDU which defines which banner group they belong to and got it to take advantage of the new textures on there (straight compare between EDU's)

I'm not sure about updating the main MTW thing, I imagine you would need to if you want to use it with custom battles? Not sure

acel337's Avatar Libertus

Thanks you all for your quick replies. I'm going out to chintown this afternoon then having my stag night so I dunno when I can try this out! But I am looking forward trying it out though.

If possible, would you mind emailing me the modified file? My email is ace1337@hotmail.com

Thanks again!
    Last edited by acel337; June 24, 2007 at 06:22 AM. Reason: grammer

It'll be hosted on here shortly - I'll mail you to say its here

Good luck with the stag night btw

Shaeffer - check the top of the file, in KB they have reduced the size of the banner slightly

PS if you are going to host the base EDU make sure it has all the fixes for missing Huscarls etc, I would add mine, but its been changed with Darth, charge distanes etc.
    Last edited by Quark; June 24, 2007 at 06:42 AM.

already done 10mins max

Ok its back up now - try that

Shaeff

I tested it, everything works fine!! good job shaefer, it's awesome, there is one problem , probably does not involve you tho shaefer, it's about the byzantium flag over the cities, it became uglier, i mean if KB is going to change the flag, at least paint the entire thing red... instead of a symbol sticking out of a purple flag, and the other problem is that the Captain on campaign map doesn't have anything on him, it's plain armor with no symbol or anything on it

Cool beans

Yeah not much I can do about that. Unless someone knows what governs what those little flags are? I could prolly switch it for those who prefer the old ones.

Shaeff

PS: +2 to the Sig Count

+2 for the sig count, what do you mean by that?

In every forum I go to it somehow becomes impossible for people to spell Shaeffer correctly...hence my sig

It just amuses me how many people do it

ooo, lol, xD, i usualy rush the replies, so ya, didn't really notice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast