Thread: system requirements - other questions

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

Default system requirements - other questions

1. I only really registered to tell you guys you kick ass... allthough a lot of people tell you that there are 10000s of people worldwide waiting for this mod and really appreciating your work, (even if its still gonna take some time untill it's done), that don't post...

2. I was wondering if this mod will in any way affect the system requirements compared to the vanilla version, if yes how?

3. The other thing, how much time will pass between two rounds? It is a rather regional map so I was wondering about troop movement per round and how much time it would take...

4. is there a preview on the persians yet?

you rock!
    Last edited by Antonius; June 22, 2007 at 11:18 AM.

Default Re: system requirements - other questions

1. Thanks for registering for us, welcome. We really appreciate the support.

2. We are trying to prevent that from happening but some things (vegetation, higher res models), are going to slow it down a bit. As in RTW we will have good lod models so that you can turn the settings all the way down to low and have it run very fast.

3. Much more movement than in Rome and there are four turns per year, so you can really go somewhere in a campaign season.

4. Nope, sorry. There are alot of them and we've been focusing on other things for quite awhile now. They are coming along though.

Believe in Hegemonia... Or the Megarian will get you.

Kleomenis's Avatar Semisalis

dear snevets can i also ask you if all the units of the game will need just 1 turn to be recruited? or will we have to wait 2 or 3 turns for the most powerful ones?
    also 1 more question. how many units can a city recruit at the same turn? just 1
    or more? i think in case someone was in a hurry and he needed more than 1 unit a good idea would be to pay extra amount of money for that. what do u think?

Well the problems with trying a quick recruitment scheme are many. First the ai doesn't do all that well with 0 turn recruitment, it ends up either depleting its money, and thereby failing to build for the future, or, if you give the ai massive cash benefits to make up for it's failings, making stack after stack of troops. Apart from being fairly annoying fighting battles against identical units and disproportional odds, cities fielding more troops than they could possibly have men at service age is pretty inaccurate. When the ai uses a 6000 person town to make 3000 hoplites in two turns and then maintains them rather than disbanding (it doesn't like to disband), you have a pretty serious logical error- ultilizing every male in the city would have been impossible, seing as how about a third of them would have been of standard service age. There is no way to create multiple units in a turn other than by giving them zero turn recruitment, and I can't see us doing that. Since the ai can't handle it, and you would have to change alot of files every time you wanted to change faction if you wanted to isolate it to just the human player, I think we'll be sticking to one turn recruitment. I would like to have call ups and dismissals based on city population, rather than the RTW one unit per turn service for life method, but with the RTW engine I don't think it's possible. We will be looking into doing what we can though to make sure you and your enemies have troops in tight spots, without multiple unit recruitment.

On the topic of it ever taking more than one turn to create a unit, we're not planning on it. It isn't realistic to say that a hoplite's training would've taken five years, so it should take twenty turns to recruit one, because more would have been constantly entering training all the time. The argument falters of course in the case of historically low numbered units- the hippeis, the sacred bands of thebes and carthage etc, but I think pricing will be enough to keep their numbers low.
    Last edited by Snevets; July 22, 2007 at 10:18 PM.

Believe in Hegemonia... Or the Megarian will get you.

Kleomenis's Avatar Semisalis

thanks snevets for your amazing quickly reply. i see your point and u r right. by the way i am glad that we won't have to wait ages for the "good" units to be trained. it was quite disappointing at least to me to wait in original r.t.war 2 turns for the spartans.especially when we had only 2 cities that could recruit them. because i needed them against the romans and i could not wait so many turns to transfer them in the battlefields of italy from sparta. so i was recruiting them only in syracuses.but i know that this is an other story that probably is not a problem for most players

I just noticed that the map looks like M2TW, I have 2 questions about that, does that do anything for requirements, and how do you do that? oh umm i realized that it wasn't sorry for my stupidity, my rtw has been broken for a year :O and i just fixed it, so im happy i can play Hegemonia when it comes out. : D
    Last edited by Dannath; September 09, 2007 at 12:18 PM.
    Q: How are you doing?
    A: Better than Michael Jackson.