Thread: Missionaries?

William the Bastard's Avatar Invictus Maneo

Default Missionaries?

Ok I have a German Campaign going atm. I am doing fine and have next to no revolts anywhere in the Reich.

However if you look at the religion map you will see that most of it is still Protestant or Catholic.

Is there any point in me spending hard earned cash on Missionaries that have a really rubbish chance of converting them? Or should I wait it out for them to change themselves? Does anyone else use Missionaries (In Europe that is and not for converting infidels )?

Fabolous's Avatar Power breeds Arrogance

Default Re: Missionaries?

I never use Missonaries. They cost way too much with far too low a pertentage for my liking. I normally keep my stability high, so revolts are not an issue. Which means I just wait for them to convert in their own good time.
    tBP knows how to handle a sword. -Last Crusader

Under the Honorable Patronage of Belisarius
    Formerly Under the Patronage of Simetrical
    Proud Patron of Lusted, Rome AC, Solid, and Dirty Peasant

Missionaries are good if you want the remaining 30% income from your provinces. If you need to convert many provinces it adds up.

However if i'm catholic switching to protestant i wouldn't. They convert on their own. Only if its after 1650, when conversions slow/stop, do I make attempts at it.

It IS worth converting your provinces though, especially big money ones. I always convert as any other faith that doesn't convert by event.

If you have good missionary leaders conversion has a high rate of success, anything over 50% is good.

edit: you will need to convert your protestent provinces to reformed, those dont change on their own i believe. If I were you in this game I would convert to protestant since that is what most of your provinces are. You will see a somewhat large boost in income after your STAB recovers.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Woad-Warrier's Avatar Vicarius

Do the world a favor and kill those frenchies!

Quote Originally Posted by Woad-Warrier View Post
    Do the world a favor and kill those frenchies!
    LOL! I have taken Calais, Artois, Barrois and Valenciennes from them. When the truce is over they will get pushed back to the Atlantic once more. Perhaps I may even give them a Vichy government and make them into a vassal. Lets wait and see.

Woad-Warrier's Avatar Vicarius

Sounds good

Ally with Britain if you haven't already, they will prove useful allies with your huge army and their huge navy. Complimenting each other perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by Woad-Warrier View Post
    Ally with Britain if you haven't already, they will prove useful allies with your huge army and their huge navy. Complimenting each other perfectly
    I already have a massive fleet. It is currently sinking pirates in the Carribean.