Thread: kingdoms MP question

Default kingdoms MP question

are there any plans to make the hotseat game playable on 2 pc's linked up? hotseat really is the way to go with this game but when turns start takin 10+ mins playing over a LAN would save so much time

PeteSKTemplar's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: kingdoms MP question

I agree, I and my brother have both Kingdoms, but it isnt acceptable to play hotseat on one PC, changing seat everywhile is totally uncomfortable. But if this hotseat can work (and it works fine), I dont think it should be so difficult to put it on Lan and to implement Lan battles in it, so two players could cooperate on Campaign map (while its their turn) and also on Battlefield, perhaps even if one player was to fight alone, he could choose some units from his army to put under command of his fellow mate, so two of them would fight as one army (if player would allow it). This would be something of really good multi gameplay experience, for battles are just battles, but campaings with its battles are something totally different and it seems like halfway done just to finish it.
    NON NOBIS, DOMINE, NON NOBIS, SED NOMINI TUO DA GLORIAM!
    Those words were on lips of Templars when charging,
    M2TW DarthMod Team member - tester (Imperial Snowtrooper)

I don't know for sure if any changes have been made to Kingdoms regarding the hotseat that I haven't already pointed out for M2 by itself.

If you want info on how to run one, see the sticky here as that's probably the direction you need to start looking with Kingdoms for multiplayer campaign.

I just got Kingdoms and soon I'll check this out for myself, but at the moment too busy. But if you have any questions that aren't covered in the link just ask and I'll see if anyone knows.

PeteSKTemplar's Avatar Ordinarius

Its good explanations there, thanks! I just wanted to express my idea or wondering whether it is totally impossible to make hotseat LAN playable, not one computer only wit battles like on LAN, where both players could controll their armies in cooperation or even player could leave command of chosen units to other players (to evade getting him bored while he is fighting AI, so no autoresolve would be needed). Thanks for your answer, currently its only what we have.
    NON NOBIS, DOMINE, NON NOBIS, SED NOMINI TUO DA GLORIAM!
    Those words were on lips of Templars when charging,
    M2TW DarthMod Team member - tester (Imperial Snowtrooper)

no problem, this might be of interest to you also: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=125583