Page 9 of 302 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459109 ... LastLast

Thread: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

Default Re: Byg's Grim Reality 2 - Supply and Command (Updated Details)

First I'll just say that I love these traits it really does make the game harder (no more can I hide my armies in the woods for 20 years ) but I do have one complaint. the battle hardened trait you give successful AI generals is a great idea however, I like to steal generals with my princesses and sometimes I get a general with the Battle hardened trait which as you might imagine in the hands of a human player essentially means I can fight from one end of spain to the other with no problems. Is there anyway to get rid of the trait after you charm a general? I love stealing generals but I'd hate to have to relegate them to construction foreman because that one trait makes them just too powerful for combat

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Goose_84 View Post
    First I'll just say that I love these traits it really does make the game harder (no more can I hide my armies in the woods for 20 years ) but I do have one complaint. the battle hardened trait you give successful AI generals is a great idea however, I like to steal generals with my princesses and sometimes I get a general with the Battle hardened trait which as you might imagine in the hands of a human player essentially means I can fight from one end of spain to the other with no problems. Is there anyway to get rid of the trait after you charm a general? I love stealing generals but I'd hate to have to relegate them to construction foreman because that one trait makes them just too powerful for combat
    Hi,
    I discussed this in another thread, but should really put something here too.
    I realised this trait could be captured by a human player, but didn't think it would happen often enough to be a problem, rather it would add an interesting element to bribing or marrying a foreign general. So I left it in.
    The guy on the other thread was really quite pleased that he had this one uber general.
    So I have one for and one against and I'm not too bothered for my own campaign, however I think on balance your argument has the edge as the whole purpose of my traits was to make the game harder for humans. I will try to incorporate a removal of this trait once owned by the human player. It wont be difficult, but will have to wait for my next version.

I'm taking a little modding break at the mo because I may wish the next version to take 'Kingdoms' into account.

Meanwhile, if you are familiar with what to do, then add the following trigger to the end of your character traits file:

Code:
    Trigger AI_UnBoost
        WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

Condition IsGeneral
              and CharacterIsLocal
              and Trait Healing = 1

Affects Healing -1 Chance 100
    note: I don't like using minus 1 in a trigger because it may leave the effects, albeit unseen.
    As you will feel whether it has worked or not, I reckon it is safe to try it, particularly as you will not regain the trait in this instance.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

i know this is a bit OT but ive just ordered the kingdoms expansion and was wonderin if these traits will work ok with it. can u see it causing any probs?

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by tonedog View Post
    i know this is a bit OT but ive just ordered the kingdoms expansion and was wonderin if these traits will work ok with it. can u see it causing any probs?
    I see no good reason why not, it isn't likely that they will have added same named traits.

Are you up to adding in the traits manually or do you intend to wait until I release it?

If you d.i.y, out of interest, are you taking the traits from the download here (for ss3.2) or from SS4.1 directly?
    Last edited by Byg; August 30, 2007 at 12:46 PM.

i dont know, im not sure if id know how to do it manually as its been a while since i played or modded total war however this expansion has renewed my interest. i stopped playin just after u created these supply traits which in my opinion are one of the biggest steps forward in mods for total war!

how close r u to moddin these traits into kingdoms? how would i do it myself?

Patrician

i dont know, im not sure if id know how to do it manually as its been a while since i played or modded total war however this expansion has renewed my interest. i stopped playin just after u created these supply traits which in my opinion are one of the biggest steps forward in mods for total war!

how close r u to moddin these traits into kingdoms? how would i do it myself?
    Thanks for the enthusiastic comment.

Well I don't know yet whether kingdoms has the same or different traits.

I also need to know if kingdoms will allow any enhancements to SS, the enhancements in kingdoms may only be for the new campaigns, perhaps someone else can answer that.

Either way if all goes well you will be able to install BGR2, or BGR3 (when ready) into any mod...I can't say about a release date because sometimes real life gets in the way. It was virtually ready weeks ago, but is not completed.

To do the work yourself without experience would would be long and tedious work. Hang in there!

hae u bought kingdoms yet? i suggest u do cos its awesome, was playin it most of last night and it really briings a lot to total war. ive read elsewhere that no new improvements were made to the grand campaign itself but thats not official.

maybe lusted could answer that

i like the higher morale.
    once i attacked a unit of spearmen from four sides, one attacker being soldiers on horses. it didnt rout. (the enemy had a 6 star general though).

Patrician

hae u bought kingdoms yet? i suggest u do cos its awesome, was playin it most of last night and it really briings a lot to total war. ive read elsewhere that no new improvements were made to the grand campaign itself but thats not official.

maybe lusted could answer that
    I have the various character trait files for the new campaigns and I see that they are all different. The installer(thanks to Nerazzurri) will hopefully now cope with installing these traits into any mod or campaign and we hope to release a beta BGR2.1 (3 will have to wait), dare I say within 24 hrs? If not it will be because of further improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearhugger View Post
    i like the higher morale.
    once i attacked a unit of spearmen from four sides, one attacker being soldiers on horses. it didnt rout. (the enemy had a 6 star general though).
    Yes, I personally cannot play without morale increases (and the AI general booster trait in all versions of bgr). Without them I find the AI is simply too easily routed and I just love longer grittier battles. I'm glad you do too.

any word on this? in regards to the morale comments above r u guys using darths battle AI? as a kingdoms owner i have to say battles aint that great due to the low morale/units arout isssue.

is this the main thread to comment on this mod?

Patrician

any word on this? in regards to the morale comments above r u guys using darths battle AI? as a kingdoms owner i have to say battles aint that great due to the low morale/units arout isssue.

is this the main thread to comment on this mod?
    This is currently the main thread for the Reality Traits mod, most of which is in Stainless Steel.

We were refering to any added morale that Grim Reality or SS adds to all units.

SS 4.1 doesn't go as far, e.g. a general in

SS is 13 morale

Bgr2.1 will be 23

Vanilla is 11

It is not the values alone though, but rather the relative values. In bgr2.1 the values of all units are relatively closer.

RC mod may make battles last longer too because of attack and armour values. I don't know, I rarely get to play any more.

I think there's another thread for battle ai.
    Last edited by Byg; September 18, 2007 at 01:09 PM.

is the latest version close to release and will it work with kingdoms?

Patrician

is the latest version close to release and will it work with kingdoms?
    Hi, I have put some information about that in the first post in this thread.

Patrician

Default Re: Byg's Grim Reality 2.1 - Supply and Command (now testing)

Please see the first post in this thread for information on testing Byg's Grim Reality 2.1 - Supply and Command.

Quote Originally Posted by Byg View Post
    Hi,
    I discussed this in another thread, but should really put something here too.
    I realised this trait could be captured by a human player, but didn't think it would happen often enough to be a problem, rather it would add an interesting element to bribing or marrying a foreign general. So I left it in.
    The guy on the other thread was really quite pleased that he had this one uber general.
    So I have one for and one against and I'm not too bothered for my own campaign, however I think on balance your argument has the edge as the whole purpose of my traits was to make the game harder for humans. I will try to incorporate a removal of this trait once owned by the human player. It wont be difficult, but will have to wait for my next version.
    You could always have the battle hardened trait increase a general's loyalty, making it harder for the player to bribe or marry them. This would reduce how often a player could get this trait.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

Patrician

I could indeed have done as you suggest uanime5, it's a good idea.

This has however already been fixed in the new version (BGR2.1-now testing) by simply removing the trait when the player bribes an AI general.

In fact I think almost every user comment has been addressed in some manner in the new version.

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Hey Byg, I could have a look at your traits (as long as you don't mind if I borrow some ideas ) if you want.

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

Whenever a Crusade or Jihad is called I get a long list of these 2 error messages.

Code:
    23:39:01.046 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <DamnCrusaders> 
    : <target_faction> is unavailable from event <CharacterTurnEnd>
    when testing <IsCrusadeTargetFaction> condition
    23:39:01.046 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <DamnJihadis> 
    If you've already fixed this what do I need to change.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by alpaca View Post
    Hey Byg, I could have a look at your traits (as long as you don't mind if I borrow some ideas ) if you want.
    Hello sir,
    I'll pm you the testing/download forum address.

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    Whenever a Crusade or Jihad is called I get a long list of these 2 error messages.

Code:
    23:39:01.046 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <DamnCrusaders> 
    23:39:01.046 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <DamnJihadis> 
    If you've already fixed this what do I need to change.
    Hi, what version are you using and is it with your own mod as described in your pm?

Meanwhile, assuming you are using version 2 then I doubt it's connected with the errors you are getting. It has been in SS for quite some time and there has been no such error.

My total guess is that you accidentally deleted or added too many triggers/traits when copying and pasting from version 2 to your mod.

Damnjihadis, Damncrusades etc are not my triggers.

Code:
    ;------------------------------------------
    Trigger DamnJihadis     

Condition EndedInSettlement 
              and IsJihadTarget
              and not Religion islam

Affects Hatesislam  1  Chance  12

Got any more info?

Quote Originally Posted by Byg View Post
    Meanwhile, assuming you are using version 2 then I doubt it's connected with the errors you are getting. It has been in SS for quite some time and there has been no such error.

My total guess is that you accidentally deleted or added too many triggers/traits when copying and pasting from version 2 to your mod.

Damnjihadis, Damncrusades etc are not my triggers.

Code:
    Trigger DamnJihadis     

Condition EndedInSettlement 
              and IsJihadTarget
              and not Religion islam

Affects Hatesislam  1  Chance  12

Got any more info?
    I am using version 2 of your mod and both Damnjihadis and Damncrusades are in it (I checked by redownloading your mod from the first page of this thread). As I said in my post this error only occurs when a Jihad or Crusade is called, this error will not occur if there is no Jihand or Crusade while you are playing. Therefore it's possible to play SS for sometime and never notice this error.